Author Topic: Anchoring Flipover  (Read 7576 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anchoring Flipover
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2020, 05:41 PM »
I got a grommet kit and put 4 grommets in the skirt. 2 on the front corners and 2 at the back corners. Screw in anchors there, and put 2 U-bolts on the back of the sled where I use the pull rope to anchor to another screw in anchor for the back. We parked the ATV upwind of the flipover Otter and it stood up to 60 mph wind in January. Not something I do on purpose. My buddy's Cabela's hub blew down and they had to park their ATV on top of it to keep it there!

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2020, 08:38 PM »
I just drilled a couple holes in the sled rim (not the actual sled) where I can attach the hook of a ratchet strap. You could do eye bolts and have it look more professional I guess. Ratchet strap back to an ice anchor and you wont lose your sled if you get out on a windy day.

I also carry an ice anchor in my jet sled for when I'm on bare ice on windy days, put it in and hook the rope to it. A pack of eskimo ice anchors is a handy thing to have!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2020, 10:15 PM »
I drilled 2 small holes about 1/4 inch in the back top of the tub.. One on each side put a piece of 550 paracord about 2 feet in and tied a fat knot so it cant pull through then on the outside tied a climbing like clip to each one... I just set my back to the wind... Screw in my ice anchors and clip the caribiners to the anchors when transporting i wrap the clips around the poles so they never flip over during transport

Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.