Author Topic: Wheel attachment for a runner shack  (Read 2047 times)

Offline mahtomedifisher

• IceShanty Rookie
Wheel attachment for a runner shack
« on: Dec 30, 2019, 02:50 AM »
Hey guys, I am looking for some insight on making our runner shack into a wheeled house. The idea behind this is to make it towable with a 4-wheeler. especially considering the warm weather we have been having this year in MN. My idea here is to simply make it so we can lift the shack off the ground by a few inches and have some sort of quick attach wheels that we can throw on and pull it across the lake with the quad. This is where I need some ideas.

The current plan/ idea is to have a cheapo 12v hydraulic system to do the lifting, then be able to toss on a set of wheels from there, then be able to hook er up to the wheeler and run. I'm hoping to make this decently compact, and hopefully in a way that there aren't any axle hubs or anything permanently attached to the shack since I only have about 2 inches to spare on the actual trailer I transport it with. I think I have the lift portion figured out for the most part, but definitely need some ideas on the wheels. I am thinking possibly something like a keyhole hanger system (pic attached of course on a much larger scale though), but I am not sure if that would be adequate.

Do any of you have ideas or links to other threads that I may be able to plan this out from?

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wheel attachment for a runner shack
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2019, 07:17 AM »
This is how they make containers portable. A bit of overkill, but good concept.
http://mobilecontainersales.com/removable_container_wheels/

Smaller scale:
https://www.wolfsmarine.com/wheel-a-weigh-extra-duty-portable-removable-wheels/
Veritas Odium Parit

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Wheel attachment for a runner shack
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2019, 07:29 AM »
Post some pictures of your runner shack along with some dimensions/measurements .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.