Author Topic: Newfound Lake  (Read 992 times)

Offline ZLaLonde

• IceShanty Rookie
Newfound Lake
« on: Feb 08, 2024, 06:19 AM »
Hey guys,

Was planning on doing a Lake Trout trip up to Newfound tomorrow. Just wondering what the ice is looking like (if there even is any) and how the fishing’s been for anyone who’s been there. Also if you are finding lake trout, what depth have you been seeing most of them around?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
Re: Newfound Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2024, 07:56 AM »
Hi, welcome to the site.  I personally haven't fished Newfound this year but this has been a lousy ice year.  My best advice is to treat the ice on big lakes carefully.  It is wildly inconsistent.  Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing how you made out.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline Brendog9

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ga head
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2024, 08:20 AM »
I was out on Newfound two weekends ago. The coves were frozen but the main section of the lake was wide open.

I got one laker, 2.29 pounds in 20 FOW. I'm not sure how the lake's looking since I was last up there though. I saw a few guys fishing off of Cummings Beach when I was driving home.
Marking anything?

Offline winnicookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2024, 11:02 AM »
Ice isn't good. Newfound derby was cancelled

Offline ZLaLonde

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2024, 01:18 PM »
Found myself with some spare time today and went to check myself. Basically nothing on the main lake but the coves are pretty solid. Not what i’m looking to fish though. Moosehead it is!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.