Author Topic: Shappell FX150 question  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
Shappell FX150 question
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:08 AM »
I just got an FX150, got it assembled, and the front hoop the one that goes to the ice, doesn't go all the way down. It's about 3 inches up. It looks like they redesigned the hoops and bracket and I'm wondering if I assembled it correctly or if anybody else has the same thing.
There are two types of people. Those who are humble, and those who are about to be.

Offline IceSkak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Shappell FX150 question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:01 PM »
Make sure you have enough slack in the outer cover

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:41 PM »
it might be put together wrong. double check every thing. have your wife or some one look it over to have extra eyes on it. they should put stickers on the parts and put the stickered part in the diagrams. it's easy to get it wrong. make sure your have the front tent bar on the ground before attaching the tent to tub rubber keeper. i suggest not to use any screws on that strip so you can remove the tent to store in a tote to keep mice out.
check the bracketthat holds all the support arms. it might be backwards.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:41 PM »
I had the exact same issue with an FX100I that I bought earlier this year. Ended up returning it as there was other issues with it as well. You could try unscrewing the trim from the back of the sled, and loosening the fabric, then re-screwing the trim back in place. That might help.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:43 PM »
the fx150 is old stock with silver bars so it's ok. just put together wrong.

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2018, 08:29 PM »
All the numbers are in the right position. The canvas at the trim is right at the edge of the canvas, so I didn’t short it at all. The bars are black and the mounting brackets are different from any I’ve seen in pictures or the manual on the Shappell site.
There are two types of people. Those who are humble, and those who are about to be.

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2018, 11:48 AM »
All the numbers are in the right position. The canvas at the trim is right at the edge of the canvas, so I didn’t short it at all. The bars are black and the mounting brackets are different from any I’ve seen in pictures or the manual on the Shappell site.

If the bars are black, I think that means you got a redesigned one with new framework, just like FX100I. I believe they are switching all of their shelter models over to this new framework design, at least that was the impression I had when speaking with Shappell's warranty dept.

If you take the trim off, and then let the tension loosen naturally until the front hoop is on the floor, could you then reattach the trim in that position? Or is the fabric above the lip of the sled in that position? Maybe try loosening the velcro on the other support bars as well to allow for more room to make adjustments? If you do all of that, and still can't the fabric and front hoop positioned properly, I suggest contacting Shappell's warranty dept at 720-941-8723 to see if they have any other ideas. Their warranty dept is very helpful, and might have some additional ideas for you to try. Good luck!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2018, 11:57 AM »
exactly. i contacted shapells production manager about this topic and he said to call warranty also and mentioned that they tested this version over and over and it should all be fine.

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2018, 06:42 PM »
I’ll give Shappell a call, I can’t see how I can get any slack with how little of the canvas I have under the trim now. I am happy I got the latest style bars but I might have got the old canvas version. Thanks for the help everyone.

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2018, 01:04 PM »
I’ll give Shappell a call, I can’t see how I can get any slack with how little of the canvas I have under the trim now. I am happy I got the latest style bars but I might have got the old canvas version. Thanks for the help everyone.

Bull hope you worked out everything with your hut.  is there any way you could take some measurements for me??? id be willing to send you say 5 tungsten jigs for your trouble.   in the photo attached you will see the numbers I need.  I need the dimensions and hole locations on the flat plate that holds the hoops,also the side to side out to out and up and down out to out measurement for the hoop poles and the hole locations from the end of the poles.  and the height of the hole on the seat frame from the top of the sled.   I ordered a new cover for my rover and Sheppell sent me a cover to an FX150 and told me to just keep it so im going to attempt to make my own fX150.  thanks is advance.   if you cant no big deal maybe someone else can help

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2018, 10:41 PM »
Charger, mine does not have that style of bracket. Shappell has changed the bracket and hoops. My hoops are black and the bracket is completely different. I contacted Shappell and they are sending me a new canvas.

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2018, 11:13 PM »
Thanks bull    Is this the cover they sent you in the first picture?? and by chance does your poles and brackets look like the picture under it. they sent me the cover in the picture which im assuming matched the new pole design.  I may just wing it of I don't find someone that can get me the numbers.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:50 AM »
That tent in the pic is old style.new shappells  say eagle claw/shappell  on them.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2019, 11:26 AM »
you could email or call and request the assembly guide to go with your free tent.

Offline charger7022

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2019, 02:41 PM »
you could email or call and request the assembly guide to go with your free tent.

i was able to print out the assembly guide i just need demensions to make the poles and the plate that holds the poles.  i could take a stab a making it without the sizes just hoping to get the exact numbers so im not guessing.  someone out there has to have one and able to take a few numbers for me and get a few nice jigs in return.

Offline Bull Herbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Charger neither of those pictures match. Good luck on your search.

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:43 PM »
My FX150 is two years old and I had to use my spreader bar the first couple times I used it until  it stretched itself because of that same issue. Now it stays down unless it’s pretty breezy
Mark it 8 dude

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2019, 05:38 PM »
PM Sent Charger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.