New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing Partner(s) Needed?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline grubberfishhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Adirondack Icefishing Adventures
Fishing Partner(s) Needed?
« on: Dec 11, 2018, 03:15 PM »
Hey guys hows it going! I have seen a few others around as well as myself looking for other hardcore icefisherman to meet up and fish with on our time off. I am located near Glens Falls and can meet share info and gear if needed. I have a bunch of free time in the winter and would like to find other ice fishing junkies that want to hit the ice. I have checked some local waters and found fishable and unfishable ice. With one of the recent posts showing a large warming trend heading our way I am fishing tomorrow and thursday if anyone wants to get out let me know your situation and maybe we can be occasional fishing buddies or at minimum share information.
knowledge-"don't hide it divide it"

Offline GitRDone

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing Partner(s) Needed?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Hey Grubberfishhunter, I love to ice fish and usually fish weekends. I am located in Guilderland area but travel all over to fish. I will touch base with you once the season gets going and try to meet up and put some fish on the ice. i usually fish for perch, walleye, lakers and pike but will fish for whatever. i have all my own equipment and atv and willing to travel to get them. i usually do the tupper northern tournament and tryiong the great sacanadag this year as well.

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 01:43 PM »
Hi guys,
I live in the Finger Lakes area. I mostly fish Sodus Bay, Keuka Lake, Honeoye. Now that I'm retired, I'd like to try some other waters, especially Oneida. I have all the necessary gear and don't mind driving a ways. I do not have a machine and at 65 I'm slower pulling the shack than I use to be. If the snow is too deep I stay home. Other than that, let's get together. I don't mind fishing alone but it's always more fun with a friend. ;D
packerbacker
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:47 PM »
This is exactly what I was hoping for I am fishing tomorrow and look forward to fishing with you guys soon! the season is just starting. and with early ice or any ice its always more safe and fun to go with someone to tell the fish stories with or save your ass. Fishing local pond tomorrow if either of you are wanting to come along or just pop by let me know and I will tell you exactly where we will be.

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2018, 10:21 PM »
Hi guys,
I live in the Finger Lakes area. I mostly fish Sodus Bay, Keuka Lake, Honeoye. Now that I'm retired, I'd like to try some other waters, especially Oneida. I have all the necessary gear and don't mind driving a ways. I do not have a machine and at 65 I'm slower pulling the shack than I use to be. If the snow is too deep I stay home. Other than that, let's get together. I don't mind fishing alone but it's always more fun with a friend. ;D
packerbacker
I fish spuds/port bay mostly with occasional fingerlakes places....I'm retired too with no machine either an 70 so don't like to pull too far either....pm me maybe we can hook up.

Offline reeleyez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2018, 12:05 AM »
Female - Looking for partner in Upstate/1000 island / Ontario region for early ice adventure and safety.   PM

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2018, 12:17 AM »
Im just down the road in Saratoga! We will definitely have to get out this season. I work overnights currently (hopefully not for too much longer) so my hours are all screwed up, but Mondays is generally my dedicated ice day. Looking forward to a good season  :tipup:

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2018, 09:19 AM »
Anyone who wants to meet up down in the Hudson Valley / Catskills region, shoot me a PM.
Gino  ;D

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:09 PM »
There is also a thread for this in the reports and conditions area of NY. It is pinnned to the top. You would have to be logged in and have enough posts (3 i believe) to see the Reports section. But if yer postin here ya already are logged in. ;)
Link for it:
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=140836.0

Offline PACKERBACKER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Retired
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:44 PM »
I fish spuds/port bay mostly with occasional fingerlakes places....I'm retired too with no machine either an 70 so don't like to pull too far either....pm me maybe we can hook up.
I've fished Port Bay from the north shore but not through the ice. We should definitely get together.
Winners don't know they're in a race.

They just like to run.

Offline icejohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • kids love fishing too, take one
« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2018, 10:27 PM »

I've fished Port Bay from the north shore but not through the ice. We should definitely get together.
[/quote]
Answered your pm...

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Hey guys hows it going! I have seen a few others around as well as myself looking for other hardcore icefisherman to meet up and fish with on our time off. I am located near Glens Falls and can meet share info and gear if needed. I have a bunch of free time in the winter and would like to find other ice fishing junkies that want to hit the ice. I have checked some local waters and found fishable and unfishable ice. With one of the recent posts showing a large warming trend heading our way I am fishing tomorrow and thursday if anyone wants to get out let me know your situation and maybe we can be occasional fishing buddies or at minimum share information.

I am in the Clifton Park area and am retired. I can make it out just about anytime, once we have safe ice. If needed, I have a 4 wheeler with tracks. That bad boy goes anywhere, just needs safe ice, heavy machine. Send me a PM if interested.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2018, 09:43 AM »
I try to fish Saratoga once a year. My brother lives right off it . I will give you a shout if I make it up. Also let me know if your in my neck of the woods.

Offline crappyfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • no, it's not spelled wrong, I'm just not any good
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2018, 02:34 AM »
I wander the wilderness from Syracuse to Vermont and fail epically- If your willing to look like a heluva fisherman all you have to do is meet me on the ice ! pretty sure I saw a youtube video of you doing some fishing a week ago or so. Can't wait to get away from work to miss some fish. good luck and maybe I'll see some of you all out there !

Offline jig 4 fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 26, 2018, 06:27 PM »
Anyone going out tomorrow Clinton Essex county. Heading somewhere tomorrow solo.

Offline Fifield_Outf

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 26, 2018, 07:24 PM »

Hey guys , I’m in Washington County and will be hitting the ice very soon and have a guided trip on cossy on Friday but anytime we don’t have a trip I’ll hook up with anyone and if anyone is on cossy Friday swing by and say hello . 😁
May your tip up flags fly high!

Offline lepricated

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2018, 10:28 AM »
I am in the southern tier, broome/chenango county area. port crane to be more specific. I usually fish all the county parks lakes and ponds. anything within a hour radius. My son tied for 1st in the 2017 crappie derbie in whitney point. I also have access to  private lake. last year i was the only ice fisherman to fish it. Has tons of big perch and and large mouth bass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2018, 07:13 PM »
This is going so great! thanks to everyone!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.