Author Topic: SW CT Progress  (Read 886 times)

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
SW CT Progress
« on: Dec 10, 2018, 03:27 PM »
How is everyone in the SW part of the state doing ice wise? I checked 2 local lakes yesterday. One bigger deeper lake was 80-90% locked up. The smaller lake supported my weight on the edge with little cracking. Wish I had my gear with me to check the thickness.

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SW CT Progress
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2018, 10:12 AM »
Anyone get out? Is there just that many people in this part of the state fishing?

Offline Elixir

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DTF - Down To Fish!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 02:21 AM »
I'm in western, waiting on my new auger and drill plate in mail before I do any checking for this weekend. I will def keep y'all posted. Something fell on my old auger and bent the blade mount. Doesn't drill worth a damn now. Best of luck and skal!

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2018, 09:11 AM »
I think I may get out and check after work tonight. Honestly I would be surprised if the lake I go to locally is is not fishable by today in the shaded areas. The edges held my weight on Sunday. Just worried now about the rain on Saturday.

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Found just over 2" of black ice this morning near shore and over 2.5" about 30 feet out.

Offline FishBeater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2018, 08:52 AM »
I may get out to measure a pond near me in Easton today, I’ll post a thickness if I can.

Offline sr73087

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:29 AM »
I'm just scared what the rain this weekend may do to the what we have. So far this was a nice start, even if the edges go, but we can hold onto everything a few feet out I'll be happy. If it survives the weekend, next week looks cold enough to keep what is there, but probably not add much.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.