Author Topic: Bait shop near gilford  (Read 905 times)

Offline fatbass

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait shop near gilford
« on: Dec 09, 2018, 04:14 PM »
I just rented a house on winni for the big derby. I have not fished winni in probably 15 years. Can anyone recommend a decent bait shop in the area? Gonna fish for trout and cusk. Last time I went up we used a shop in Alton. Any help can be paid back with cold beer or venision chili if you want to stop by the portable shanty in the area on the weekend.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bait shop near gilford
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2018, 05:24 PM »
Martels. Ajs winisquam market and deli.
Salmonemia

Offline Hottuna5150

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2018, 07:00 PM »
Is martels still open?
Perhaps I should not have been a fisherman, he thought. But that was the thing that I was born for.
-Ernest Hemingway

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:20 PM »
I just rented a house on winni for the big derby. I have not fished winni in probably 15 years. Can anyone recommend a decent bait shop in the area? Gonna fish for trout and cusk. Last time I went up we used a shop in Alton. Any help can be paid back with cold beer or venision chili if you want to stop by the portable shanty in the area on the weekend.
where did you rent
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Life is good!

Offline fatbass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:18 AM »
Thanks everyone. I rented on the water close to ellacoya restaurant. I might have butchered the spelling

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2018, 07:02 AM »
you can usually get bait at the circle where 28 and rte 11 come together the gas station right there has shiners and smelt while they last.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline mofishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2018, 07:35 AM »

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2018, 09:40 AM »
for where you're at, alton will be closest place.

as for martel's... i just went there on sunday to check in a deer. come to find out, they don't check deer anymore. or turkeys.. inside, it looked like a bomb went off in there. stuff scattered all over the place. piles of old shelves, scrap wood, outboard and other types of parts everywhere. and outside, phew.. what a dump. old outboard engines and parts everywhere, snow plows, and just junk all over the place. looks more like sanford and son over there now. it's a dump. definitely not what you would call a sporting goods shop anymore, which is a real shame. if old man martel could see the place now, he'd be spinning in his grave.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.