Author Topic: Marcum repairs - great service  (Read 1385 times)

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum repairs - great service
« on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Just a quick post - had the motor on my LX5 begin acting up after 7 years last weekend.   Marcum's Canadian repair shop is in Winnipeg.  The video refit shop.   Sent off Tuesday, recieved back Friday.   $150 return shipping included.  Called me when recieved and confirmed motor was on the way out and emailed when done with tracking number.   Said they used the new brushless motors from the updated m series flashers.  Packed safely on return trip home.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum repairs - great service
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2018, 07:27 PM »
Sounds good, hopefully you get many more years out of your unit now!

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Sweet good to know!  The motor on my LX5 is starting to get noisy, not annoyingly noisy but definitely notice the difference between mine and my dad’s.
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline PazzoCorso

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2018, 05:57 PM »
I just sent my Marcum in today. Gonna take a miracle worker... Cleaned the garage and left it in a bucket outside. Couple drops of water came out while I was bubble wrapping it 😣

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2018, 07:49 PM »
Thanks JP.  I used to work Fishing at Regina Cabela's and had heard good things about  Winnipeg. Nice that you confirmed it.   I bought a Marcum LX 7 at the end of last season and wasn't able to get out to try it.   One of my ice fishing friends has one and I was always drooling on it.   I have an extra Showdown now, still in excellent condition.   I can use that if I take someone out that doesn't have one.   I always liked the water column on the Showdown.  If it told you there were fish around, they were there.  Now I have a Flasher and 2 water columns.   I like that I can buy a Summer transducer and use the LX in the boat.    Our Winters seem long but our Hard Water season can seem not long enuff. If we get an equipment failure, it is nice to know that we have a decent repair shop  with a good turn around time, get you back in the game before the ice melts into Summer.  Hahaha.
Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Offline jpicks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2018, 11:19 PM »
Sweet good to know!  The motor on my LX5 is starting to get noisy, not annoyingly noisy but definitely notice the difference between mine and my dad’s.

Mine definately is quieter since getting it back.  It wasn't loud to begin with, but after replacing it, it sounds a fair bit better.  I think the motor they put in was brushless...atleast the lady on the phone said it was the new updated motor (which the m series is the only motor out there now), but to be honest, her accent made her somewhat hard to understand.  I have no complaints though..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.