Author Topic: Lake quality opinions  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Rivercat

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake quality opinions
« on: Dec 05, 2018, 09:27 PM »
Looking to make a trip out around Humboldt this weekend or next wanted to know what lake has best quantities of perch and walleye. I've looked at Game and parks website for sampling, but was wondering if any of the surrounding sloughs were better.   

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake quality opinions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2018, 08:38 AM »
There's a lot of opportunity to catch fish within 20 minutes of Humboldt, but these water bodies are pressured, and sometimes it takes days upon days to figure out one of these bodies, only to then have 50 people show up and kill the bite.  Me personally, I have a love/hate relationship with telling people about any fish biting within 45 minutes of Sioux Falls (or anywhere else for that matter).  Nothing ruins a bite faster, especially near population centers, than reports hitting the web and social media.  I love the fact that there are some good, maybe overlooked fisheries this close to town, and telling people that might take pressure off "better" lakes up north, but at the same time, it's fun to run out after work, and catch 10"-12" perch or 18"-20" eyes, and not have anybody else fishing near you because "those lakes are fished out."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.