Author Topic: deer hunting  (Read 4253 times)

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: deer hunting
« Reply #30 on: Nov 22, 2018, 01:34 AM »
Had my EDO on Tuesday.  Started off in the Valley, criss crossed my way over to Earl Grey, Cupar,  The Fort and South to Francis.  Saw a nice Buck with his Does West of Craven on top but was still in the Regina WMZ. Was going to take my shot gun but didn't.  I stopped, they watched me and then went back to grazing.   I put on a total of 250 miles and other than the early morning Buck,  didn't see another.   Going to try the Avonlea Hills on Sat and going to try to find that buck again on Sunday with my Shot Gun.   If not, I will be satisfied with the nice Mule I got at Mossbank.   Other than that,  if anyone has seen a few, I wouldn't mind a hint in which zone.    Mulie Mennonite smoked sausage for me this winter. Man,  I eat that at least twice if not three times a week.   Doesn't last long at my place.   
\
Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 01, 2018, 10:43 PM »
done up here    finally connected on a good one  now lets fish

Offline 3rdgenrf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 02, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Be sure to remember to bring the heads in to get tested for CWD! It's getting bad.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2018, 04:57 PM »
Be sure to remember to bring the heads in to get tested for CWD! It's getting bad.

Ive never heard that its even close to bad  rare cases detected from what Ive read   Id like to see where you saw that

Offline 3rdgenrf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:27 PM »

Ive never heard that its even close to bad  rare cases detected from what Ive read   Id like to see where you saw that
It's rampant in zone 13. Getting worse across the province. Been on the news lately that sask enviroment is asking all hunters to submit heads to track it.

Offline 3rdgenrf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 02, 2018, 05:41 PM »

Offline draft

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 24, 2019, 04:02 AM »
the poachers and nite hunters in the Danbury, sk. area this and last year are busy as ever. i see it and i hear it and i phone it in. NOTHING ever happens. One nite this year i insisted to the lady on the other end to get the C.O.s to call me back, nothing. Try explaining to some bubble gum chewing lady doing her nails on the other end where the Stenen/Endeavour grid rds meet. Sorry about the bubble gum comment but thats the impression i got talking to her.

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 25, 2019, 08:49 AM »
I heard that if you call the tips line they have to investigate it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.