Author Topic: Best noodle Rod for panfish under $15.  (Read 6744 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Best noodle Rod for panfish under $15.
« Reply #30 on: Sep 25, 2018, 03:50 PM »
trust me i'm about as cheap as they come.  i paid 65 bucks for a custom rod and it was the most painful purchase i've made ice fishing because i'm so cheap.

So u rocking the old hondex sonar yet? Lol jk

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Sep 25, 2018, 04:39 PM »
The only time I switch to spring bobbers is when fishing plastics on small jigs, mostly to dampen my own movements and give the plastic a better wiggle. That said, I hardly ever pic up the rod rigged for small jigs, too many small fish hit it.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #32 on: Sep 25, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Yep preferences. I hate spring bobbers and won't use them. Find it hard to believe many do. But to each is their own. Some guys like fat chicks.....never been one of those either.

That's what it's all about when you get right down to it. There are a gazillion rod styles, reels, line, jigs, etc. and we all have what works for us. Innovation and customizing has always been fun for me...finding that "just right" set up that puts fish on the ice is the best satisfaction there is. Even more so if I buck the norm...if there is such a thing...and can say "I done it my way". I've used ideas from you, him, them as well as my own to come up with "the best for me". One example, I too was, for many, many years never a fan of spring bobbers...just plain didn't like them. Only in the last couple of years did I make the switch because I found something that works for me. And it all began by watching others and the success they were having with them...and from experiences/ideas from Iceshanty.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Sep 28, 2018, 01:35 PM »
So u rocking the old hondex sonar yet? Lol jk

i bought a LX5 off craigslist while visiting my bro in Minneapolis.  It had a bloated battery and i could tellt he guy was hard up for cash.  200 bucks.  knowing what i was getting (also having a fleet of the exact batteries at work), that purchase wasn't so hard.  but if i had to buy one of those new? oohhhh laawdy

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 07, 2018, 09:41 PM »
Due to this thread, I did impulse buy a Beaver Dam Glass Noodle rod in 32" for the cheaper than $15 thrift.

actually two of them now.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Cousin weakeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 08, 2018, 06:43 AM »
I love the ice blues

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 10, 2018, 01:14 PM »
Have to many ice rods from super expensive custom ones to the HT Blue ones. Last year I bought 2 new Beaver Dam noodle rods and just ordered 2 more just in case they decide not to make them anymore. Love these rods with the HI VIZ tips and action. No more spring tips for me.$12 each.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 10, 2018, 01:18 PM »
Have to many ice rods from super expensive custom ones to the HT Blue ones. Last year I bought 2 new Beaver Dam noodle rods and just ordered 2 more just in case they decide not to make them anymore. Love these rods with the HI VIZ tips and action. No more spring tips for me.$12 each.

I have one from the first year out. Going to be sad if it ever breaks, dont care for the handle they've used the last two years

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 10, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Might order a beaver dam but is the handle/reel seat on these going to be an issue. I’m used to a plain cork handle

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 10, 2018, 06:48 PM »
I like this new handle on these Beaver Dams as theres no tape or rubber bands needed to attach the reels.These are the same type reelseat that St Croix has been using on many of their ice rods.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 10, 2018, 07:01 PM »
The handle won't be an issue because you'll be seeing the bites. First year the handles had reel seats but less plastic/more cork.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.