Author Topic: Nils Augers new powerhead options.  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Nils Augers new powerhead options.
« on: Sep 16, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Looks like nils is teaming up with trophy strike. I've been emailing nils the last few years to see what they were going to do for a power head. These prices are with an auger. The number behind the NMPE is the auger size.

Offline joedevera

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Nils Augers new powerhead options.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Going to be a great partnership

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Looks great, but for the price how much better will it be than my Milwaukee Fuel Hammer drill on my Nils and won't be as light either - right?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:32 AM »
I would have to say those prices are ridiculous. With all the options out there who is going to pay $1100 for a 10" Electric auger? Certainly not me.
<===Lefty===

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:57 AM »
I would have to say those prices are ridiculous. With all the options out there who is going to pay $1100 for a 10" Electric auger? Certainly not me.

Yea I saw that price and just laughed. They should just have the 10” nils available separate. 

Offline mbart

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:06 PM »
The trophy strike 6" hand auger looks similar to a Fin-Bore, same double offset handles with a different paint color.

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 17, 2018, 06:12 PM »
Those look really good. I'll probably stay with my 8" nils with my clam plate and drill. But who knows I buy more stuff every year.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 17, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Yea I saw that price and just laughed. They should just have the 10” nils available separate.

I looked into a 10in nils auger. $350. I found an old 10in mora to put on the clam plate after that.

If you buy a nils 10in it is $350 and a power head from trophy strike is $350-$400.....that's $750.....buying seperate.....put them together and they want $1200....**censored**?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Sep 18, 2018, 06:18 AM »
I looked into a 10in nils auger. $350. I found an old 10in mora to put on the clam plate after that.

If you buy a nils 10in it is $350 and a power head from trophy strike is $350-$400.....that's $750.....buying seperate.....put them together and they want $1200....**censored**?
I think once they put them in a package it becomes magically special. SO you have to pay for the Magic.
<===Lefty===

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 21, 2018, 12:35 PM »
Looks like nils is teaming up with trophy strike. I've been emailing nils the last few years to see what they were going to do for a power head. These prices are with an auger. The number behind the NMPE is the auger size.

We are pretty excited about the option to pair their auger with our powerheads.  We will of course still offer our powerhead with our own 6"/8"/10" augers this year.  Available as kits and separately.  We'll create a post with all of the details and where to buy as the season approaches!!

Thanks!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2018, 06:24 PM »
We are pretty excited about the option to pair their auger with our powerheads.  We will of course still offer our powerhead with our own 6"/8"/10" augers this year.  Available as kits and separately.  We'll create a post with all of the details and where to buy as the season approaches!!

Thanks!

So I've already got a nils 8in auger, Mora 10in auger, and a lazer 6in auger. If I just wanted to get an electric power head & adaptor to run them, what would I be looking at for cost? Would the 40v head turn them all or would I need a 120v

Offline TrophyStrike

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2018, 11:22 AM »
So I've already got a nils 8in auger, Mora 10in auger, and a lazer 6in auger. If I just wanted to get an electric power head & adaptor to run them, what would I be looking at for cost? Would the 40v head turn them all or would I need a 120v

We will have an adapter and power head pricing launched later this fall.  I would recommend the 120v because the rpm is higher.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Sep 24, 2018, 01:13 PM »
Thank TS Sounds like a winner even this ol dog might convert

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.