Author Topic: Very excited just ordered panoptix  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Re: Very excited just ordered panoptix
« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2018, 09:58 AM »
Seems to me this unit will be great in deep water basin fishing.  I'm wondering how it works in water less than 20' with weeds?

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:28 AM »
I understand the advances in technology, but my god there soon will not be any fish left in a lake. Nothing left to chance or luck, doesn’t matter how good a fisherman you are or how much time you spent scouting a lake during open water. Go to a lake find the main basin, find the big school of fish, wipe it out. We have lakes now with reduced panfish limits of 10 fish combined any species, I can see that being cut down to 5 fish limits soon with advancements in fishing technology.

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2018, 12:52 PM »
So some of you advocating not using technology available. Could not the same arguments be made against ANYTHING that made you a more efficient fisherman ?

Shelters- allows fishing during extremely cold weather. Fish harvested during these periods would otherwise be saved.
Vehicles on ice.-- Traveling greater distances than when on foot fish harvested in remote areas would be saved.
Sensitive rod tips- fish bites on medium action rods that normally be missed. Fish could be saved by not so sensitive rods.
Hooks- look at how far fewer fish would be caught.
Boats- by restricting these only fish reachable by shore fishing would be harvested.

Could go on and on but arguing against technology is like resisting change. Change is going to happen along with technology. This is not some whippersnapper typing this. Celebrated my 70th last October.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2018, 01:03 PM »
Well they are making trail cams photos, those that show up instantly on your cell phone during hunting season, illegal in some states.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 21, 2018, 01:11 PM »
my FIL uses it for trolling kokanee.   it quite simply is amazing.  he can see that fish are interested in a color but not taking it, or if fish are just flat out not on a color. allows him to make major or minor adjustments way easier. 

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:12 PM »
It was sarcastic.
They look like they will change how you look for fish.
But wow that's a lot of coin.

Ah, sorry, sarcasm is easy to miss online. :)
Yeah, it's definitely an investment. I'm still trying to talk myself out of it! lol

Offline Duck-Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 23, 2018, 02:12 AM »
Ahhh panoptix giving the fishless fisherman the upper edge.

Been watching guys around here that can hardly catch a cold start working their way up the ranks in tournaments because they spent 2 grand on electronics. These should be banned on tournament day, prefishing go for it. Even then it's still taking the skill out of it. Most guys can't break down a lake

Tournaments are supposed to be a test of skill, knowledge and know-how. Not who can navigate electronics better.

If you want to spend the money to go fun fishing with your buddies, be my guest.
REMOVED

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:58 AM »
 :clap:
So some of you advocating not using technology available. Could not the same arguments be made against ANYTHING that made you a more efficient fisherman ?

Shelters- allows fishing during extremely cold weather. Fish harvested during these periods would otherwise be saved.
Vehicles on ice.-- Traveling greater distances than when on foot fish harvested in remote areas would be saved.
Sensitive rod tips- fish bites on medium action rods that normally be missed. Fish could be saved by not so sensitive rods.
Hooks- look at how far fewer fish would be caught.
Boats- by restricting these only fish reachable by shore fishing would be harvested.

Could go on and on but arguing against technology is like resisting change. Change is going to happen along with technology. This is not some whippersnapper typing this. Celebrated my 70th last October.
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 25, 2018, 08:02 AM »
&feature=share

Running a boat, a fish finder, GPS, a camera and a drone with camera ALL AT ONCE and he then hammers the fish.  Should be ticketed for distracted fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.