The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: End of Season?  (Read 3469 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: End of Season?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:49 AM »
lake I was on yesterday will be done for. but I still  have hope for a few others that have thicker ice.if its over, will be nice weather for steelhead.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:21 AM »
I hate to be negative but I think our season is over in southern Michigan. The lake I was on Saturday had 8 or 10 inches but you could see how it had been shot by the last warm spell, then healed by a couple cold nights. This time the rain and 50-60 degree temps today and tomorrow will take out the shore ice everywhere, but then it's not supposed to get below freezing for a week. What's left ain't going to heal, it's just going to rot away. I had hopes we'd be fishing into March, but now they're gone.

Offline motorcity

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2018, 01:34 AM »
AS I was skunked the last two times on the ice this year, I was really jonesing to get out two days ago cause I was predicting the end too looking at upcoming weather forecast.  Life got in the way. Been listening to it rain all day and night here hard,  its warm out too,  the fat lady  is singing on most lakes I'm betting. wont catch me going out I dont feel like ending up on local news.  only went out about 5 times this ice year, with two good times out.  It was fun while it lasted.  I'm gonna wait it out, get my boat ready for softwater.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2018, 05:08 AM »
I'm with ya' Backinmich...the shore ice is going to take a beating making it real difficult on most and impossible on some to get on. Pretty sure it's over for me.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:41 AM »
get your night crawlers..they were out last night.

Offline Dave10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:04 AM »
I hate to be negative but I think our season is over in southern Michigan. The lake I was on Saturday had 8 or 10 inches but you could see how it had been shot by the last warm spell, then healed by a couple cold nights. This time the rain and 50-60 degree temps today and tomorrow will take out the shore ice everywhere, but then it's not supposed to get below freezing for a week. What's left ain't going to heal, it's just going to rot away. I had hopes we'd be fishing into March, but now they're gone.
:flex:

:%$#!:  I hate to agree but I think you're right !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.