Author Topic: Cleaning Boot Liners  (Read 833 times)

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cleaning Boot Liners
« on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:35 PM »
I have a decent pair of Sorel pac boots. Went to put them on the other day and saw a small dead critter inside (glad I looked first). Gross.

Is there any way to clean these? I would replace it but I am having a hard time finding the replacement liner in my size.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Cleaning Boot Liners
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:38 PM »
I think a good vacuuming ...then some auto carpet cleaner ....vacuum ....place in dryer low setting.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2018, 03:45 PM »
So simple yet brilliant. I am going to try this. I feel dumb for not being able to come up with this myself. Thanks!

Offline Rex in OTZ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2018, 12:53 AM »
I used to wear pack boots for 8+ hrs sometimes.
Those felt liners soak through with foot sweat and sometimes would freeze to the bottom the boot, Id have to thaw the boot enough to pull the liners out to dry them.
After some time I washed them to get the foot sweat out of them in the washer with my coveralls.
After a bit of soaking up so much foot sweat they stink like a old stinky saddle pad.
Eventually they wear out and you have to buy replacements.
Its best to take a dry set of felt insoles, liners and socks and swap them when your perspiration soaks em.
Then I switched to bunny boots.
Dry socks and a dry washcloth help to swab them.dry at changeup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.