The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lake Ogemaw  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Mstep

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Ogemaw
« on: Feb 11, 2018, 02:48 PM »
Has anyone on here ever fished lake Ogemaw? I know it’s a private lake but I will be fishing it with a buddy who has a place on it next weekend. Was just trying to find any helpful info of the lake.

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Eat, sleep, college, fish. It's what I do!
Re: Lake Ogemaw
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2018, 07:16 AM »
One of the best panfisheries the state has to offer. Lots of nice largemouth and pike as well, occasional walleye. It is a very weedy lake, consisting of plenty of stumps because it use to be an old cedar swamp. Off the walleye reef on the main lake is a nice place to start. Good luck 

Offline Mstep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:14 AM »
How do I find the walleye reef ? I’ve been trying to pull maps but not with great contour. My buddy’s parents own the marina which is where we are going out from. We are fishing for everything but it would be awesome to target some eyes! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2018, 06:38 PM »
When you look up Lake Ogemaw on Google maps, a red pin should show up with the label Lake Ogemaw. The reef is off the small island, to the east of it. I would try fishing on that open ice leading out to the main lake. Of course the walleye will not be on the reef until late winter/early spring once the spawn begins, so I would not sit right on top of it.

Offline Mstep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Thanks Barker1 for the info. That’s actually in front of my buddy’s parents place. I’m supper excited to try the lake. I was talking to my buddy and he knew exactly what you were talking about. Also if you know anyone looking for a place they are getting ready to put it on the market.

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2018, 11:53 PM »
Sounds good! If anyone I know is looking for a new summer home on a lake I will have to give you a buzz

Offline Mstep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2018, 05:38 AM »
So we did about 8 pike and 12 nice gills . We had about 80 dink gills. So fishing was fun yesterday! No eyes though. Trying it hard this morning and see what happens.

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Catch any big pike out there?

Offline Mstep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2018, 11:32 AM »
28 was about the biggest we had. Probably caught about 20 total lots of little guys. We even got a cat fish. One bass and a lot of gills. Mostly small gills though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.