New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Regs question  (Read 5624 times)

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Regs question
« Reply #60 on: Feb 13, 2018, 10:55 PM »
What about the guide that takes multiple people out, they come back with a live well full, who caught what?   No tickets there.  Been there on those boats.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:08 PM »
What about the guide that takes multiple people out, they come back with a live well full, who caught what?   No tickets there.  Been there on those boats.
...dont go stirrin the pot now...i know rules are rules 9 out of 10 charter boat captains take ppl out with little or expierence some ppl cant catch a fish out of a fish tank ive seen it..charter captains are allowed to set hook and give the rod to a client..

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:31 AM »
Well aren't you supposed to have a separate stringer?
New York State Criminal Procedure Law:
S 140.10 Arrest without a warrant; by police officer; when and where authorized.
    1. Subject to the provisions of subdivision two, a police officer  may
  arrest a person for:
    (a)  Any  offense  when he or she has reasonable cause to believe that
  such person has committed such offense in his or her presence
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:50 AM »
...dont go stirrin the pot now...i know rules are rules 9 out of 10 charter boat captains take ppl out with little or expierence some ppl cant catch a fish out of a fish tank ive seen it..charter captains are allowed to set hook and give the rod to a client..

then why can't we do that for al he can't catch  a fish in a tank

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #64 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:52 AM »
Not if you have them in a live wellas long as your not over the limit for the amount of ppl you have on board..

this part is not true...your only supposed to catch  and keep your own limit ...proving it is the problem

then again who cares how many salmon or lakers they take ...... :sick:

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2018, 05:58 AM »
I believe in all honesty the 3 fishing poles per person came that way from charter boats it offered more lines in the water for a better chance of catching fish......yea trap i guess bigal does qualify for that...👍👍

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:04 AM »
Correct for river shore fisherman seperate stringer but if your out on a charter they go in a cooler all together 9 out of 10 times...lol ive seen tickets on the river for that tooo ive seen tickets handed out to a guy who brought in a mess a lines that were on the bottom he pulled in..he took his fly off threw the old line back in bam ticket for littering

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2018, 06:19 AM »
you don't need a  seprate   bucket  or stringer  you need to know  exactly how many  you caught  .... example   you  use the  live  well in the  river  ....

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2018, 08:48 AM »
I've never seen anything where you are required to keep your catch separate from another person's, such as on separate stringers or in separate buckets.  I'll have to look at the regs again to see if there is any such requirement.  From what I've seen over the years, the only time you would be ticketed is if you were over the combined limit or got into separate vehicles with one person taking more than their limit.

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:21 AM »
nobody addressed the 1st part of his question,,,,,if i own 14 tipups and my friend brings out nothing then yes between the 2 of us we can use 14 tipups...7 lines per angler and no names are attached to the lines anymore,,,,,,doing it all the time now

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:23 AM »
but they have to set the lines with you....both people need to be active in the fishing....but one guy can be drilling holes and 1 guy can be placing tipups

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2018, 04:32 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Cant believe this one is still going.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 18, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Feb 18, 2018, 09:36 AM »
rani is  in  clear  violation  and the  charge  is taking  fish  by other means then  angling .......  i'm  from Oswego I know  this one  by heart  :roflmao:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #74 on: Feb 18, 2018, 10:42 AM »
rani is  in  clear  violation  and the  charge  is taking  fish  by other means then  angling .......  i'm  from Oswego I know  this one  by heart  :roflmao:

;D ;D ;D :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 18, 2018, 02:22 PM »
Not Oswego

Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline swampking89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice fishin rules!!!
« Reply #76 on: Feb 18, 2018, 03:18 PM »
Why Can't I see any of these vids?im using a older iPad .maybe thats why .

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:21 AM »
All he needs is his lisence..hes got one doggie lisence👍👍

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:50 AM »
The dog does not need a licence cause he/she is native American.  Ok, he/she is not a person so he/she is exempt from New York fishing regulations.  Most of the New York Fishing regulations start with a person, dogs are not persons so they are exempt.   ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #79 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:21 PM »
fishin that's not true if your dog is caught taking or harassing game animals  fish or fowl the owner will be held reliable  and if (to protect the  wildlife) the animal can be destroyed

dogs are shot every year chasing deer

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:41 PM »
That spawning salmon is going to die anyway. I don’t think they are going to shoot the dog over it.... maybe you would but most people wouldn’t

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #81 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:26 AM »
no one said anything about shooting a dog over a salmon ..... what was said is .....you as a pet owner are responsible, if your dog  is caught harassing or harming wildlife and I may add live stock too that, you as the dog owner are responsible , that's just fact not opinion , it is also fact that law enforcement had  shot dogs in the act of chasing deer ,although I haven't heard about any incidences in years .... now  getting back to the videos of the dogs catching fish ,it is taking fish by means other then  angling ,it is also pretty funny video.... now after careful consideration and  long hours of searching  full throttle we  have found the perfect fishing partner for you ! his name is holeman and he likes to make things up and whine about other people as much as you....now behave  before you get in trouble for trying to act tough and bully old guys again...........

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #82 on: Feb 20, 2018, 05:07 AM »
This crap still going 🤪, the dog is not responsible for chasing fish from concealment, or harassing the owner is , now if anyone was paying attention a human took the video  allowing the dog to do this plus if more than 3 fish on the bank now the human has more than a limit , I personally could give a rats butt about those nasty salmon
 I lost  flavor of fishing for them after 30+Years ,  Maybe it’s because I have always lived 5 min from the river
  Let’s get back to ice fishing ,
 MFF would be a better place for this discussion 😉

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Feb 20, 2018, 08:02 AM »
Lol I’m the bully ? Your the one talking about shooting a dog for playing with a fish. This isn’t 1945 any more. You cant just shoot someone’s dog because you want to. Maybe the first step would be to call the dog off? It’s just a funny video. now do you think law enforcers “ destroy” an animal? They shoot it !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.