The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: sorry guys......need confirmation  (Read 828 times)

Offline ufflmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
sorry guys......need confirmation
« on: Feb 05, 2018, 01:31 PM »
I searched this forum and believe I have my answer but before spending the cash I just want to be sure I have it right.....
Currently have a 6" lazer hand auger I will be using unless any issues
We are usually on 4"-10" of ice so no 12"++ in my neck of the woods.
I believe from searching on here I need.....
Rigid 700# torque hammer drill. My understanding is that 4 AH batteries are needed for this instead of the 2 AH that come w/ many of the kits? I also want to be sure the standard 1/2" chuck is correct on this drill?
Clam plate.....I understand w/ the smaller auger and higher torque this isn't needed but this will make it easier on my wrists correct? I have had a non ice fishing wrist injury in the past so this is a concern for me.
adapter.....am I correct that I do NOT need the cordless drill adapter as long as I have the clam plate?
so it would be....700# torque 1/2" hammer drill to clam plate to 6" lazer hand auger?
Thanks all

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: sorry guys......need confirmation
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Yes, the rig you described will work just fine

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2018, 02:44 PM »
ufflmaster, are you aware of the lifetime warranty and where to register for that?     ???   ;)2

Offline ufflmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2018, 02:57 PM »
thanks guys. Yes I know if I buy from HD I can register for lifetime warranty. I actually have a gift card there as well and rarely shop there so it will be a good use for that. I was hoping for just the drill w/ 4 AH batteries but not seeing that as of yet. Going to swing buy there after work today

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2018, 10:28 PM »
not needed but is just a comfort thing the extension is a great little add on to the clam plate.  it keeps you from having to bend over too much but is definitely not needed.  i found one on sale or clearance or mis marked but i think you can pick one up for like 20 bucks.  your current auger would go onto this and it would attach to the clam plate and you can adjust it accordingly.  if you are a tall guy it would be a needed attachment for sure.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2018, 06:23 AM »
Last season I used the 2.0 batts with my ridgid and it worked ok. I had mine paired to a 6inch nils with just hammer drill handle. I did not use a clam plate. Made sure i kept batts warm which helped alot. The 2.0 just doesnt give you alot of holes out of one battery.

Warranty took a few days to get approved but the process was smooth.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.