Author Topic: Dakota Lithium Batteries  (Read 1343 times)

Offline JJBat150

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dakota Lithium Batteries
« on: Jan 11, 2018, 02:32 PM »

Anyone have any experience with these yet ?

Looking for replacement batteries for my hummingbird ice shuttle and kayak - these look a bit more promising then the cheap Chinese made "blue box batteries" a lot of folks are using.

Seem a bit more expensive initially then a SLA, but if you get 2000 cycles out of a $100 battery, it's about the cost efficiency of  400 cycles out of a $25 battery.

https://www.dakotalithiumbattery.com

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Dakota Lithium Batteries
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2018, 03:31 PM »
i got in on a group buy on here.70 something bucks and a 20 dollar charger.so fricken lite and holds a single charge for 2 days of use.i love mine..worth every penny.imo.there might be enough interest to do another group buy.theres a dakota lithium thread on here .https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=347556.0 

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:29 PM »
They are awesome! It ran my LX9 last year for two days straight at a time. I used it with the RT9 last weekend, for a half day and it was showing 66% at the end. But I'm not sure it was topped off. I won't ever use another SLA battery.

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:29 AM »
I also took part in the first group buy here. I've been using it an LX7 and the weight difference is noticeable, it holds it's charge very well, and charges lightning quick. Definitely was worth it in my book if you can get a deal on the battery/charger combo.

Offline Northern_MN Outdoorsan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2018, 10:19 AM »
I got in on the second group buy on the Dakota battery here. I charged it up full before the first on ice use and have used it for over 14 hours of run time now over multiple outings since starting and my battery meter still reads green (75%-100% charge). It still makes me do a double take on how light it is when I pick it up. It's definitely worth the purchase to me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.