Author Topic: Does the Battery Tender Jr work on Vexilars?  (Read 2387 times)

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
Does the Battery Tender Jr work on Vexilars?
« on: Jan 04, 2018, 08:30 PM »
I purchased a Battery Tender Jr for my Marcum Lx5i. Will it work on my Vexilar 8 Slt as well? Alligator Cilps look too large for terminals.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Does the Battery Tender Jr work on Vexilars?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2018, 09:55 PM »
yes. you can clip them on on the wide edges of the terminals (sideways, not up and down facing) if you wanted to. watch the polarity.

Offline bearlake16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2018, 10:02 PM »
I have used battery tenders on all my little battery’s they work great giving a slow charge. I like it better than the basic charger you plug in the wall. At least you can see it is charging.

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:43 AM »
Thanks. Are the Vexillar battery chargers better than the Marcum chargers? I have both Marcum and Vexilar flashers.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:09 AM »
I use Battery Tender Jr. for all of my batteries. May not be the fastest charger out there, but I never have to worry about over-charging and you never hear stories about them catching fire like the Harbor Freight ones.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:35 AM »
there has been one report of a wire fire this season with a a marcum charger. i had one with a cabelas camera charger. i use battery tender jr on my lead acid batteries and a marcum lithium charger on my marcum lithium shuttle. battery tender jr uses a much better cable and the transformer has vents to keep from over heating internal parts.
no idea how safe the the vex chargers are.
try to charge on a cement or hard tile floor in case you have a wire fire too. try to keep flammables away from the wires.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2018, 10:55 AM »
the vexilar chargers are designed to be a tender too.  I just use the one that came  with my flasher and have never had a problem.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. I will use the battery tender Jr for my Marcum LX5I and not the Marcum battery charger. I have not had any problems with it though.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2018, 12:22 PM »
I cant seem to upload pictures from my phone, but I purchased matching plugs for my battery tender at an electronics store, with 10” pigtails. Then I put double spade terminal connectors on them (connects to battery then has another spade on top for your flasher to connect to). Now all of my flashers are plug and play to charge with the tender.

The plugs were $1 each and the spade connectors were 100 for $5 on ebay.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2018, 06:50 AM »
I cant seem to upload pictures from my phone, but I purchased matching plugs for my battery tender at an electronics store, with 10” pigtails. Then I put double spade terminal connectors on them (connects to battery then has another spade on top for your flasher to connect to). Now all of my flashers are plug and play to charge with the tender.

The plugs were $1 each and the spade connectors were 100 for $5 on ebay.

I did the same thing for my Marcum 4 or 5 years ago. No more messing around hooking the charger up. Just plug it in. I have also had the charger come on in the summer to cover the standby power loss. Charges for a short time, then back to green. Love it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.