Author Topic: Lowrance elite 5 problem  (Read 5055 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance elite 5 problem
« Reply #30 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:34 AM »
Maybe a piece of corrugated conduit that is slit. I can get some from work and try it. Probably just wrap electrical tape around it to close the slit.
jbird68

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 15, 2018, 10:45 AM »
Managed to move thegps coordinate box with the arrow button! By accident whe I wanted to scrol back  and she a friend the size off the mark I got! Nothing else worked! So when my screen acts up and show 1.5 ft  as mentioned I. Beginning and goes black I noticed last week the ducer is clicking really loud compared to not at all or quietly?i will inspect cord tomorrow ! Don't think I have a copy of receipt? It's been almost a year?

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:30 AM »
I got my replacement transducer this week and was out yesterday afternoon for a couple hours. I had no issues other than my tungsten jig looked like it was huge. I even turned down the sensitivity as far as I could. I even had it set to a negative number. I was still seeing a big mark on the flasher. Gonna try again tonight and see if there is any difference. I did end up putting a piece of plastic split conduit over the cable and wrapping it with electrical tape. CAught a couple small crappie but I really wanted a sauger or two.
jbird68

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2018, 11:42 PM »
Jbird, try taking it out of auto sensitivity. When I ran an elite 5 on the ice I think I had it around 55-60 for a typical jig in 10-15' of water. You'll get a lot more control this way and will be able to fine tune in your bait better.
If I remember correctly, my settings were something like this... Manual mode, advanced mode, set fishing type to shallow water, full graph view, scroll speed to fastest, 200khz, colorline 52, sensitivity 55-60 to start, set depth one setting above the water depth. I liked the graph view a lot, being able to see a short history of what the fish were doing was very helpful.. I just always fish with other people and the interference was unbearable.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:12 AM »
I almost put the elite-5 up for sale and was going to buy another showdown. I found one for cheap on craigslist. But since I was getting a transducer replacement for free I thought I might as well keep using the elite-5. 
jbird68

Offline walkndude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 30, 2018, 05:52 PM »
Jbird, make sure you put it back into 200mhz and not 83 if you want the smaller return for your jig. Mtnhillbilly, turn off autodepth AND stop using bottom tracking(choose any of the color modes OTHER than the two with bottom tracking).

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #36 on: Jan 30, 2018, 06:36 PM »
Lots of settings can pose a problem on the water, it's time to fish. The more time you get on your unit, the better you will get
at it. Been using the Elite & Hook both ice and boat, works great, love the GPS!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.