Author Topic: NE SD Clarification  (Read 2145 times)

Offline jbuss79

• Team IceShanty Regular
NE SD Clarification
« on: Dec 18, 2017, 04:51 PM »
A group of us are heading to the NE part of the state in February. For planning purposes, I just want to make sure I correctly understand a few things.

1). Reetz Lake is closed to the public.

2). Enemy Swim is open and does not require a Tribal license.

3). All of the ramps and main access points at Bitter and Waubay (specifically, up around Buckshot and Grenville) are still open to the public.

I've read through a couple threads and think we have it figured out. Just would like to make sure. Thanks in advance. 

Offline bowmandan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NE SD Clarification
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Go to the SDGFP.info web page.  There is a link to all the closed waters

Offline HardIce32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:49 PM »
You have done great on your homework, you’re good!

Offline NESDperchslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2017, 07:09 AM »
Everything you stated is correct.

Offline walleyehunter16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:12 PM »
A group of us are heading to the NE part of the state in February. For planning purposes, I just want to make sure I correctly understand a few things.

1). Reetz Lake is closed to the public.

2). Enemy Swim is open and does not require a Tribal license.

3). All of the ramps and main access points at Bitter and Waubay (specifically, up around Buckshot and Grenville) are still open to the public.

I've read through a couple threads and think we have it figured out. Just would like to make sure. Thanks in advance.
The closed lakes have cable across the entrance so not too hard to tell if you drive up to one.

Offline SDPerchPounder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:28 AM »
http://gfp.sd.gov/fishing-boating/nonmeanderedwaters.aspx

This link should tell you everything you need to know - there's also a interactive map link that shows which lakes are closed to fishing.

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2017, 10:52 AM »
The closed lakes have cable across the entrance so not too hard to tell if you drive up to one.

Not necessarily true.  There are lakes/sloughs with partial closures, and they don't use cables.

There are specific marking criteria set forth by the GFP that land owners must use to legally close unfettered public access to water over their land.
that marking information (buoys and signs) can be found on the non meandered waters page on the GFP website.
I had a sticky post made with the link at the top of the SD page on this forum. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.