Author Topic: Where to buy Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno?  (Read 1801 times)

Offline jas270

• IceShanty Rookie
Where to buy Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno?
« on: Nov 18, 2017, 10:58 AM »
Hello,
I'd like to purchase an Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno but can't seem to find them in Canada.  I've tried Cabela's, Fishin Hole, GNRR, Pokeys, Bass Pro and finally Amazon Canada (they are now sold out).  Does anyone have an idea of where to get one?

I've got a Clam hub style but wanted a one man flip when I go by myself.

Thanks!

Offline daniels papa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Where to buy Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2017, 11:30 AM »
o on kijiji and punch in ice fishing I think I seen a one man flip up the other day

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2017, 08:44 AM »
Where are you located?  Alot of little border towns on the US side have drop boxes or little stores that have no problem receiving and storing items for Canadians.  We ship a ton of stuff to the crossing south of us for $5/package.  Most times you get free shipping within the continental USA but to cross that invisible line usually doubles the cost of an item.  As far as what duty and taxes (your standard 11%) you would have to pay i can't give you any guidelines other than if it has "Made in USA" on the box, they usually dont care about duty, not sure why but thats my experience.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2017, 02:51 PM »
Marinegeneral.com or reedssports.com not sure if they ship to canada.

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2017, 10:34 AM »
They seem to be very hard to find in Canada. I spent about a year trying to find one without paying an arm and a leg for shipping, and was able to find one on amazon.ca in the fall of 2016. Options that I tried were:
  - Direct order from the Fishing Hole, they may be done their large ice order for the year already so the price will jump significantly due to shipping
  - amazon.com had shipping that was more than the Wide 1 itself cost
  - Direct order from the canadian distributer Yetmans in Winnipeg but their price in 2016 was $733 plus I would have to pay to ship it to Saskatoon where I am
  - Checked many US distributors, but none were willing to ship to Canada

It was frustrating to see them on sale all over the internet for as low as $350 US, but the best price I was able to get was $679 Cdn. I see this year on amazon.ca that the only one there is over $800. Unless you can go into the US to get it, you should plan to spend more than you think.

Offline river rat78

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2017, 10:45 AM »
It was frustrating to see them on sale all over the internet for as low as $350 US.
Sucks for you guys in Canada. I was lucky enough to buy mine for $300 plus tax. I think a lot of businesses won't ship to Canada is because of the exchange rate and international shipping charges.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.