Author Topic: BEST DRIVE TO WALLEYE LAKE IN SASK?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
BEST DRIVE TO WALLEYE LAKE IN SASK?
« on: Nov 19, 2017, 06:40 PM »
 I want to plan a summer vaca in sask to catch huge walleye.Also I would like a nice campground with lots with privacy and power/water. I am an hr north of Edmonton.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Offline fishfinder1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: BEST DRIVE TO WALLEYE LAKE IN SASK?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2017, 07:26 PM »
tobin lake,    google twin marine, they offer guiding services/boat rentals.  there is cabins to rent or stay at nipawin  regional park.

there is also tobin lake resort,    cabins and boat rentals.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2017, 10:47 AM »
Tobin is your best bet. 
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline canada

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2017, 08:51 PM »
tobin

Offline mountainguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Diefenbaker.   

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:01 PM »
Diefenbaker.   

can anyonr recommend a nice campsite with trees and privacy on Deif?

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2017, 09:27 PM »
Douglas Provincial Park is a very nice prairie park with trees and private campsites. Not sure if Albertans are allowed there though. ;D

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Douglas is a great provincial park with lots of trees and private sites.  The only issue is if the water level is down in the summer the boat launch may be closed.  You can always drive the 5 minutes up the road to Elbow and launch there. 

Offline Tech By Trade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Fishing wise, I'm a big fan of Palliser Regional. Arguably the best beaches in the province. The trees aren't as thick as Douglas, but there are half a dozen excellent coulees on either side of the lake within a 10 minute boat ride full of decent walleye and many more 15 minutes out. Also there is a pool for the kids, a decent concession, and a terrific boat launch and marina with fuel. The golf course isn't too bad either. A 5 minute drive to riverhurst for gas and odds and ends, and 15 minutes to central butte which has everything else you may need. I will admit, my 10.5 lbs walleye was caught across from Douglas in the big fill before they wrecked it a couple years back.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Fishing wise, I'm a big fan of Palliser Regional. Arguably the best beaches in the province. The trees aren't as thick as Douglas, but there are half a dozen excellent coulees on either side of the lake within a 10 minute boat ride full of decent walleye and many more 15 minutes out. Also there is a pool for the kids, a decent concession, and a terrific boat launch and marina with fuel. The golf course isn't too bad either. A 5 minute drive to riverhurst for gas and odds and ends, and 15 minutes to central butte which has everything else you may need. I will admit, my 10.5 lbs walleye was caught across from Douglas in the big fill before they wrecked it a couple years back.

What happened to the big fill?

Offline Tech By Trade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2017, 01:09 PM »
The old dam that was put in back in the day for the railway before the lake was flooded was removed about 3 years ago. I haven't had much for luck since they did that. I caught that pig from shore right across from the big culvert in the dam that used to be there.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2017, 10:43 AM »
I would also put Last Mountain Lake in this category.  I've personally seen lots and lots of pictures of trophy walleye come out of there.  Personally, I've never wet a line there, but it's a fantastic fishery. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.