The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: helix 5 and 7  (Read 631 times)

Offline Wollypog

• IceShanty Rookie
helix 5 and 7
« on: Nov 18, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Hi Everyone
Anyone have experience or knowledge about the new GPS G2 models and differences beside size between the two ? And quality of Humminbird?

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: helix 5 and 7
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2017, 07:55 PM »
hey wollypog
since no one is talking about it here, i looked up a thread where they were talking about it here recently.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=347490.0

there are other areas with the same discussion all over this site. just run it thru the search engine here if you want more info.

good luck!

Offline Wollypog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2017, 04:09 AM »
Thank you 3300 for your reply, that was a very useful thread, from what I understand the ice helix 7 chirp GPS G2 has an 8 X zoom. The 5 has a zoom feature but I'm not sure if the 5's is 8X or not and from what I understand when you get on fish the GPS can take you back to within 8 ft. of where you set the waypoint. Have you heard anything about HUMMINBIRDS reliability or customer service? Thanks for your help, we seem to have some really good and helpful people on this board.

Wollypog

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2017, 08:52 AM »
unfortunately i have had very bad experience with their customer service both times i needed them to step up and it was expensive. they never did fix two of the three problems my ice55 has even tho i paid them to fix them.

many here have had great experiences with them, but they are still expensive.
maybe check their flat rates so you know how much it will cost when you need them to step up.

odds are you won't have the experience i had with them.

your right, there are lots of helpful people here wanting to pitch in. because you didn't get a good response here on the michigan board it means those who do use them here are not yet logging in. some are only here when ice is here. some are here all year wanting to help out when ever possible and have fun.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.