Author Topic: Rose creek jig box  (Read 1575 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rose creek jig box
« on: Nov 08, 2017, 10:33 PM »
Looks like rose creek came out with a new double sided waterproof jig box this year. Looks pretty slick! I do like the other design also where you open it up and can see both sides.

Anyone around here using the original style fly box?

http://www.rose-creek.com/products/?category=Fly%2FJig+Boxes

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Rose creek jig box
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2017, 08:49 AM »
glad to see an improvement on their box's. looks like clams new box sorta.

when i needed to pick a fly box for jigs i did see those, but i wanted a better latching system and one that floats.
i went with flambeau for those reasons. they have lots of sizes and configurations to chose from.
the rounded corners are nice in your bib pockets and should help in not making holes in them after time like wallets do in pants.
here's a look at one of my ice jig box's. it has three sides (2 sides and 1 insert).
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=319965.0

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:19 AM »
Not a bad price point either. I agree on the latching system, I'd personally like to see an improved spoon box. Something similar to the new jig box latch but with the same interior as the current spoon box. There's nothing else like it on the market for spoons that I know of.
Da Pack!

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:25 AM »
Not a bad price point either. I agree on the latching system, I'd personally like to see an improved spoon box. Something similar to the new jig box latch but with the same interior as the current spoon box. There's nothing else like it on the market for spoons that I know of.
Nice looking jig box! While I prefer their regular size piranha clips over the micro sized ones they offer, this would still be a good option for a smaller jig box. I have a couple of the large Clam boxes and 1 of the medium sized that I've been thinking about peeling the slotted foam stuff out of them and replacing it with the pirahna clips for awhile now so they would look something like this. And +1 on them making a spoon box like this, or even if they sold the spoon latches as replacements like they do for clips would be pretty awesome as well!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Nice looking jig box! While I prefer their regular size piranha clips over the micro sized ones they offer, this would still be a good option for a smaller jig box. I have a couple of the large Clam boxes and 1 of the medium sized that I've been thinking about peeling the slotted foam stuff out of them and replacing it with the pirahna clips for awhile now so they would look something like this. And +1 on them making a spoon box like this, or even if they sold the spoon latches as replacements like they do for clips would be pretty awesome as well!

That's a good idea, never thought of that option! I like the idea of their hybrid box, through a few spoons and jigs in and you are set for a quick trip or hole hopping for extended periods. Haven't used one yet though.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:10 PM »
That's a good idea, never thought of that option! I like the idea of their hybrid box, through a few spoons and jigs in and you are set for a quick trip or hole hopping for extended periods. Haven't used one yet though.
Yeah, those hybrid boxes are pretty great for taking your go-to jigs and spoons and keeping it light.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.