Author Topic: 13 Fishing Descent Reels  (Read 2261 times)

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
13 Fishing Descent Reels
« on: Nov 08, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Just ordered one of these from FishUSA.  Have to say, those guys are fantastic.  Great prices, fast shipping.  They had the reels on sale for $23.99 which is a great price.  The Descent reel is brand new this year.  I just got mine in the mail and thought I'd provide a few early observations.  I own several of the 13 Fishing CGI reels and this is the same reel, just in black.  You are going to read all kinds of stuff about how it is "rubber coated" and so on and so forth.  It is a CGI reel that is black.  Same feel, same so/so spool spin.  I haven't fished with mine yet but can tell you that it is a CGI with a different paint job.  That being said, this is an all in all reliable inline reel for a pretty low price and I do prefer the black to the silver CGI for sure.  Nothing fancy and not going to be the smoothest reel you've ever used but about what you'd expect for a reel in the $30 price range. 

Just thought I'd let you know...if you own some CGI reels and are thinking that you are missing out on something with the new Descent model....well, you're not. If you like the CGI, you'll like the Descent. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 13 Fishing Descent Reels
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2017, 07:54 PM »
I just got one for my 13 yr old son for Christmas. Haven't removed it from the packaging yet. I hope it's nice and easy for him to fish with. Was on sale at Fish USA.
jbird68

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Perfect reel for him.  Easy to use and cheap enough that if he somehow destroys it, you won't lose a lot of sleep over it.
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2017, 06:05 PM »
The problem is that now I want one,  too.
jbird68

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2017, 06:09 PM »
The problem is that now I want one,  too.
.         Lol!!  Hopefully someone will put that reel back on sale for that price soon!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.