The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Burt Lake  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Hoosier38

• IceShanty Rookie
Burt Lake
« on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Hey guys and gals,

I am from Indiana and I'm trying to plan an ice fishing trip for my dad and I.  I was thinking about heading to Burt Lake in mid January.  I know it's a big lake so I'm wondering if it usually has safe ice by then.  We've gone to Houghton Lake the past two winters with only a little success.  Any replies and advice are very appreciated. 

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Burt Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:24 AM »
As long as old mother nature works with us, you should be good. I've never fished Burt, but its neighbor Mullet has some good perch in it
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2017, 09:17 AM »
You may also want to check out lakes Mitchell and Cadillac. Pilgrams Village has rental cabins and are great people to work with. I'm from the Kazoo area and have gone to Mitchell when I couldn't find safe ice hear.

Offline jschragg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2017, 05:49 PM »
I was in the process of planning a trip too. Went to mitchell last year had little sucess. Was thinking burt lake or portage lake.  :tipup:
Keep your stick on the ice

Offline MichiganMase

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2017, 06:02 AM »
You should be in good shape by then...As long as Mother Nature decides to turn Winter on. Burt is a good lake for Eye's...Perch... Burbot...I fish near the North end...
:icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Hoosier38

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2017, 05:04 PM »
Thanks guys, I booked the trip.  I will be up there Jan 18-24.  I can't wait!!!  I might try to go to one or two other lakes in the area as well.  If anyone wants to meet up to fish and/or offer some guidance, let me know.

Offline moonjig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2017, 03:29 PM »
You want to make sure you hit Maple Bay. There is a public launch there but gets crowded early, great fishing there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.