Author Topic: Ice Institue  (Read 4566 times)

Offline sdkid

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Institue
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2017, 05:49 PM »
Well heck. That puts me out next year too.

Are there any other shows similar to this in other parts of the state? Rapid or Watertown perhaps?

Offline sodakdave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2017, 06:06 PM »
I'm not sure. For about the same drive from SF to Rapid you could head over to the big one in St Paul.

Offline Herms

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2017, 10:37 AM »
If you can swing a weekend out of it I would suggest going to St. Paul every few years.  The sheer amount of products and booths is amazing.  The downfall is there is literally thousands of people there but the deals are good/great depending on what you're looking for and how personable you are.  Also it is nice to see all the changes in the industry that show up along with the 30+ different wheel houses that are brought there.  Everything from a day tripper with 4 holes to the 5th wheel ones that are more like a camper.  It is also fun to see the small guys with a new line of lures or bait standing next to the big boy displays and still drawing a larger crowd.

Offline Kilroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 24, 2017, 01:18 AM »
The institute has sure grown since it was in the back room of Todd's original shop. I went on Saturday and found some good deals on things for my 4 wheeler, a nice JT rod, some more jigs for the collection. The seminars were top notch, everyone I was at was packed on Saturday, people were standing on the outside looking in. All in all it was pretty impressive. I would like to get a motel room and do all 3 days next year.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382548/TeamSDlogo1-1.jpg

If It Smells Like Fish And Tastes Like Fish.......It Just Might Be Fish.

Kilroy Was Here ~~~o00o~(_)~o00o~~~

Offline Koldnrg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2017, 10:03 AM »
Gonna have to try and check this out next year if I can get done with harvest in time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.