Author Topic: Across the Ice Belt  (Read 6090 times)

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Re: Across the Ice Belt
« Reply #30 on: Oct 29, 2017, 12:17 PM »
OK. If there were just two shows to choose from, Ice Belt or Gilliespie which would you choose?  >:D

Door #2: Turn the sound down and turn up Pink Floyd.  @)

Door #3: Just go fishing!  :clap: :icefish:

I agree they're both over the top annoying. At least Gillespie is current and in WI most of the time fishing places I go.

Open water,  I rarely watch Gillespie,  simply because he is so over the top loud and annoying.   During the ice season,  I am rarely home to watch him, usually out fishing.

Ice Belt, I watch to get my previous ice fishing fix.  However,  it is difficult to take Jiggy for an entire episode.   

As you stated,  the one good thing about Gillespie is he mostly fishes Wisconsin waters.   The other thing that is hard to watch with him is every episode seems to have like 15 guests, and he never gets off the da@$ 4 wheeler.   

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 29, 2017, 01:45 PM »
I watched a Gillespie episode last season where he started hollaring and reeling. It looked as though there was a wet boot on the other end of the line. No circling, no attention to his line in relation to the hole. He pulls up a slob blue gill with no color to it, no life in the eyes and it doesn't ever make the slightest twitch. It was clearly a caught fish that was put on his line and made for t.v......that was my last episode.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #32 on: Oct 29, 2017, 02:16 PM »
I wasn’t even talking about the people on the show just the extreme low quality audio. Like they are using a microphone they got out of a box of Crackerjacks.

Offline gonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 29, 2017, 03:05 PM »
I wasn’t even talking about the people on the show just the extreme low quality audio. Like they are using a microphone they got out of a box of Crackerjacks.

I'm guessing the wind was part of the issue.  However, adjust knowing the wind is going to affect sound quality.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #34 on: Oct 29, 2017, 03:30 PM »
No it wasn’t wind noise.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Nov 02, 2017, 06:04 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #36 on: Nov 02, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Thanks for the annoyance info have some time to kill and no sound on this work computer. Should work out fine!
Keep it safe! JDL

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:04 AM »

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:24 PM »
They must have seen this thread. Last Saturdays show the sound quality was better, not much but better.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #39 on: Nov 14, 2017, 08:49 AM »

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 14, 2017, 11:34 AM »
They must have seen this thread. Last Saturdays show the sound quality was better, not much but better.

I don't think they have a magic way of changing what they filmed/recorded last season ;)

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Nov 14, 2017, 06:45 PM »
I am glad to see I am not the only one that can’t stand Jiggy.  I couldn’t even make it through 5 mins of the Milwaukee episode. I will take “Giggles Gillespie” over Jiggy any day of the week.

Offline zip7111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 14, 2017, 06:53 PM »
The new theme song stinks too!  Why a guy needs to be playing a guitar on the ice is beyond me.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Nov 14, 2017, 07:05 PM »
 and they don't stay in tune very well at those temperatures.

the milwaukee episode, i didn't make it 4 minutes and i can watch almost anything ice fishing related.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #44 on: Nov 14, 2017, 08:23 PM »
It is just about unwatchable.  Can he possibly learn a new word to replace chowed it? 

Offline chop1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:03 PM »
Come on guys it’s better than watching trump !  ;D

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 14, 2017, 09:55 PM »
who?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Nov 14, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Agree with everyone who's said gillespie and across the ice belt is awful. I wish uncut angling would do more videos IMO some of the best fishing video/shows out there

Offline Dakota-Lew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Nov 15, 2017, 09:34 AM »
It is just about unwatchable.  Can he possibly learn a new word to replace chowed it?

Wellllll.... i just spewed coffee all over my monitor laughing at this, I was just tell my wife last night about that last night haha. Anyways i don't mind it, its better then most but stop with all the damn hollering, its a big fish, i get it... Its already obnoxious when some one is hollering on the ice, its even more cringy when doing it on film. All in all i like it, but i prefer Jason Mitchell, but then again i am a NoDak boy so, might be bias. They always talk about the clam spoons and stuff, i understand they are trying to sell them, i just wish we could see some under water camera action of the lure action, lindy fishing does that on their channel and i really appreciate that.   

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Nov 15, 2017, 10:32 AM »
In-Depth Outdoors will start next week I believe...they are very informative and shoot week to week so your seeing this seasons conditions as they progress through the season. I do like the In Fisherman videos.. once again very informative...simple instruction/techniques . 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.