The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone start buying yet?  (Read 7315 times)

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone start buying yet?
« Reply #60 on: Oct 12, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Your 100% correct  again chris.
Politically correct is the problem

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:16 AM »
It's all that scwewy wabbits fault!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #62 on: Oct 13, 2017, 05:28 AM »

I'm always looking

Offline Jabbsalot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Oct 18, 2017, 07:51 PM »
Now that Gander is gone, who's gonna be the lcoal hot spot for ice fishin gear? Dicks selection always sucks!

Chute82

« Reply #64 on: Oct 18, 2017, 10:06 PM »
Now that Gander is gone, who's gonna be the lcoal hot spot for ice fishin gear? Dicks selection always sucks!

Fishusa.com always has some deal and shipping is fast..since it’s about a mile from the house that helps too

Offline supervdl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Oct 19, 2017, 06:57 AM »
I order a lot at FishUSA  and I have never been disappointed. Try to buy stuff at local stores but a lot of times they don't have the selection.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:15 AM »
I was at Cabela's picking up some bowhunting stuff this weekend and I just couldn't resist buying this packable shovel!

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/packable-portable-snow-shovel.html

I like that it's metal, very lightweight and very compact!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #67 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:32 AM »
I was at Cabela's picking up some bowhunting stuff this weekend and I just couldn't resist buying this packable shovel!

http://stores.clamoutdoors.com/packable-portable-snow-shovel.html

I like that it's metal, very lightweight and very compact!  @)

A shovel is a nice add on ...haven't used my Rapala shovel on ice but did use it to dig down a drift for my ATV access to the ice .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:03 PM »
A shovel is a nice add on ...haven't used my Rapala shovel on ice but did use it to dig down a drift for my ATV access to the ice .

I though it would be good to clean out our shanty..  boy I was wrong!! as soon as you get all snow out of shanty it fills full of water.. cause of water level..and snow weight on lake..  but there always a good idea to have around..  like if you have to dig out your truck or atv..

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:29 PM »
Just got a nice ML jigging rod from Fish USA. It was reduced from 34.99 to 18.99. Also picked up a couple good lures which they are now out of (in the size I like). Price was really good, $4.29 instead of 7.49. Shipping was high but super fast. Also picked just picked up the 2018 In Fisherman Ice Fishing issue. (Barnes and Noble). Yes, there are way too many adds but there is always some useful info in there. Plus you can get ideas for the spouse's Christmas gift for you. ;)

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #70 on: Oct 25, 2017, 12:24 PM »
Since there is seldom enough safe ice to fish in Western PA anymore I haven't bought any ice fishing gear in a few years.  I can't justify spending money on a hobby I can only enjoy once or twice a year.

Sad, but true.  I'm more likely to be out w/ a fly rod in Jan & Feb than an ice rod.  I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I'll save my money for State Park cabins in May & limestoner fly fishing.

Oh, for the good old days of 50 years ago when Glendale had 24+ inches of ice on Groundhog Day...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline crappie-tom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Nov 19, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Rec fuel in January?    Last year was tough for good ice. Hope we get enough ice for the gas auger use this year.

Offline Paul of Hbg.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Nov 21, 2017, 05:10 PM »
Sent for a HT brand hub shelter, some Eskimo anchors, cold weather mono, and two spool reels to install on the nifty wood handles I made......its always fun getting ready!!
Paul of Hbg.
A man convinced against his will.....
is of the same opinion still.

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #73 on: Nov 21, 2017, 08:33 PM »
As my wife says, when do I stop buying ice fishing stuff.  I could fish 6 months a year on ice.  Absolutely love it, think I like it even more than getting on my boat bass fishing.  Nez

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Nov 22, 2017, 11:39 AM »
Same here Nez!  I found ice-anchors for my shelter cheap at Wallyworld last week($3.39 per 2)  and yesterday ordered the Striker Predator Jacket(20% off at Dick's) to go with the bibs I bought last year. Gonna be TEAM STRIKER ICE this year!  ;)  Also ordered the matching hoodie (for when it is too warm and I JUST wear the bibs)and trapper hat to go with it- now I'm set!  @)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #75 on: Nov 22, 2017, 10:52 PM »
What version bibs did you get, I don't remember.  Also did you get last year's model coat or this year's? 

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Nov 23, 2017, 04:38 AM »
The striker predator suit is awesome you are going to love it!

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:11 AM »
I buy fishing gear all year long. This year I  picked up a few tungsten jigs, a second jig box,  some different flouro lines to try, fresh batteries, a few ice scoops, and a striker jacket.

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Moe appropriate for a lot of us would be: "has anyone stopped buying yet?"  ::)

Offline icecube

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #79 on: Nov 23, 2017, 10:36 AM »
  Van_Cleaver  I agree with that!  I'm in North Carolina right now visiting with family.  Guess what I bought 3 pair of old skis for smitty sleds.  And a lid for my 5 gal, bucket. That you can put fishing lures and such in the lid. Actually for surf fishing I think or pier. Been productive so far!  Wife says only you would be getting things for ice fishing now. Don't think so!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Nov 23, 2017, 08:27 PM »
What version bibs did you get, I don't remember.  Also did you get last year's model coat or this year's?

I got the Predator bibs last year and LOVE them! Got the new 2017 model jacket.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Nov 25, 2017, 05:53 PM »
If anyone around cranberry is looking for some more tackle stoarage and organization field and stream has a frabill tackle bag or whatever you want to call it with three medium size plastic tackle boxes inside on sale for $9.  Not a bad price considereding you can’t even buy three of those plastic boxes for that price.  Picked up some more tungsten tubbies there as well.  Thinking about heading to cabelas in West Virginia tomorrow to get some new gear and see if they have any ice fishing stuff

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.