The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: We ain't through yet  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Sub Zero Mafia Ice Team
We ain't through yet
« on: Mar 20, 2017, 01:02 PM »
Longest drive of the year on Saturday. Three guys all sunked.
Sunday we went back to private pond that my buddy just kills every time we go there. He got big fish the most fish again.
 A bald eagle let's us know that we didn't have to throw the pickerel back. He came by and sat in tree next to camp till he got one. Very cool to see. If you can't beat them join them!
This guy fishes once a weekend. He can't be beat not at this pond. My hats off to him.

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: We ain't through yet
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Saturday 16" of ice
Sunday 13" of ice
For the quitters

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:08 PM »
LOL! good trip.
Just add water.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:28 PM »
man thats a chunk.

nice work getting out

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 20, 2017, 03:35 PM »
Saturday 16" of ice
Sunday 13" of ice
For the quitters

Someone could presume that based on YOUR personal location is where you fished, but we all know that's not possible at this time.

I applaud the effort, as I spent the weekend on Lake Winnipesaukee, enlightening my "newbie" nephew to the fun of ice fishing.
His first time and he practically out-fished me. Managed a bunch of small yellow and white perch, with a few jumbos thrown in for added fun.

As we've all heard (and at some point said) "There's good ice still around, if you're willing to drive for it!"
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2017, 08:33 PM »
I walked out the back door and fished the last 3 days on 6+ inches in central Ma.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #6 on: Mar 21, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Saturday 16" of ice
Sunday 13" of ice
For the quitters

Some of the "quitters " decided going to Montana was better than driving to NH or wherever you found good ice. Some Quitters put more time in during February than some do the entire year. I know plenty of guys that did the same. Some quitters decided they caught more than enough big fish and didn't need to travel around New England to try and catch up. Here's to the "Quitters" 🍻🎣😂

Offline Jwise

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:47 PM »
pssh i quit back in January

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 21, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Keep trying, and eventually you WILL break through!!!  ;D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23, 2017, 12:29 PM »
I quit after this 1

Ok, maybe not... But i knew it would be tough to beat lol
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2017, 06:09 AM »
Still getting out
Got three fish on Saturday
Nothing great. Sloppy top layer

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2017, 04:44 PM »
Nice looking fish, ice out my way isn't safe.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #12 on: Mar 28, 2017, 11:00 AM »
Longest drive of the year on Saturday. Three guys all sunked.
Sunday we went back to private pond that my buddy just kills every time we go there. He got big fish the most fish again.
 A bald eagle let's us know that we didn't have to throw the pickerel back. He came by and sat in tree next to camp till he got one. Very cool to see.

The guy calling people stupid is posting about feeding an Eagle??? OH ok...now i get it...be sure to post videos of you feeding the eagle next time

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:32 AM »
The guy calling people stupid is posting about feeding an Eagle??? OH ok...now i get it...be sure to post videos of you feeding the eagle next time
I should have said till the locals feed him one. Sorry for not being clear enough. we catch and release not catch and feed. I didn't state that we feed him. we just watched. It like a sport up there for them see how many the eagles will take. Pickerel is native species in NH. Smallmouth and largemouth where stocked. I've watch bass guys kill every pickerel they see thinking it helps the bass. Maine is even worse they don't even like to see you release them back. They treat pickerel like snake head only thing they're good for is the eagles.

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Apr 03, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Got out Sunday on 16" of ice. Smallmouth lake was a great day to be out. Fishing was good early and tapered off after lunch. On ice at 7:30am off at 4:300pm. Slush and mush on top. Hoping to get one more trip but not gonna push it. Everyone caught fish biggest was a pickerel just over 3 1/4 lbs. 2-3lbs smallmouths was the norm. Herring must be around some bellies where plump and full.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Apr 03, 2017, 12:26 PM »
If you can't even say what STATE you were fishing in when posting, maybe you should keep the story and pics to yourself?

I see way too many people posting "It ain't over yet" or "There's still plenty of ice" and they can't even tell what state or region they were fishing in. I don't want specifics, but maybe give some indication as to where you were at?

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Apr 03, 2017, 04:34 PM »
 93 north NH straight all the way you pick any lake you can park at after rt 89  till you get to Loon Mt. .We just keep moving. No big secret really. Start with camp grounds they all have ponds and parking and nobody there in the winter. When you get the big fish on a trip in our group you get to pick next spot. (/hothand 🔥🖐 is what we call it) That's the best part of ice fishing you fish any body of water. Wish list ponds and lake may take effort to pull the sled or shoveling a parking spot but for hothand worth it 2x. Then the State ramps are always good too w/parking. Mapping, Navionics a plus

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Apr 04, 2017, 12:14 PM »
Thanks for the info.

I hated sounding like a whiney turd, and I understand that sometimes you WILL need to travel to find it.

The only real problem to consider is whether the pond/lake in question allows ice fishing after 4/1, and what fish are present in the pond/lake you will be fishing on.

Sounds like you have done your homework. Kudos!!

Offline Sesuit7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Apr 04, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Whiney turd...lol.   But fitting.    Sounded like you wanted the mans exact coordinates.   Great job getting out and putting some on the ice knot there yet...maybe next time you'll have some company!!!!!

Offline Knot there yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2017, 02:22 PM »
Through and through
Season ended today for us. 12-13 inches of ice.
Some good fishing for a while. Two 5 lbs fish three 4s and a few 3s. And
Pickerel. Ice went fast after lunch honeycomb to unsafe in 2 hour.
One leg went in so we called it to be safe

Another 5lbs 5oz bass to add to a great season. The story goes like this. Buddy gets a flag. He does some crazy double hookset and snaps his leader. 20 minutes later I get this fish with his hook in other corner of his mouth.
Thanks to all of you

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2017, 02:52 PM »
Nice fish Pal.  I wish we were as lucky as you guys to have today for your last time out, our season here ended in the beginning of March.   :'(

Offline Jwise

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Apr 15, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Out on the ice right now right here in western mass 11" of solid ice. Just gotta know where to go  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.