Author Topic: Marcum vs Vexilar  (Read 1776 times)

Offline 04toyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marcum vs Vexilar
« on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:33 AM »
I have a marcum VX1 pro. Was considering getting another unit. Need some more input tho. Which do you prefer? Any input would be appreciated.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum vs Vexilar
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:38 AM »
Showdown 5.6 I love it the only thing I don't like is no split screen but not really necessary though.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:43 AM »
I've got a vex fl18 and a marcum lx7, both are good but the marcum is my chioce

Offline TommyBoy1971

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Former usmc, former us army airborne, current DOD
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:45 AM »
I have the showdown, works well, reminds me of playing a video game, havent had any issues with it. ;D
You can get a good look at a steak by sticking your head up a bull's a$$, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it??

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:50 AM »
I have an fl-18, the zoom function is nice. Didn't know what I was missing until I had it. I have never had a battery run out with a vex, they seem to draw less than other brands. Everyone else I fish with brings extra batteries. 

Offline toydevil48

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2015, 10:56 AM »
Lx7 hands down, nothing compares to it.  Well I guess the lx6 does....either one

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Hello- Just wondering why you are looking for another unit.There are 4 of us that fish together and all have the Marcum VX-1 Pros and love them. Had them since they were first introduced and not an issue with any of them. Just wanting to get alittle more hi-tech??? pete ;D ;D

Offline 04toyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2015, 11:14 AM »
I really love my marcum but I like to upgrade every few years. Have a buddy that wants to buy my marcum.  I'd buy another marcum, just looking for some input on the vexilars.

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2015, 11:20 AM »
I really love my marcum but I like to upgrade every few years. Have a buddy that wants to buy my marcum.  I'd buy another marcum, just looking for some input on the vexilars.
   Gottcha! My next question was going to be if you wanted to sell yours as my friend is looking for one but you answered that one..

Offline 04toyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2015, 11:31 AM »
If he bails then absolutely. He has a track record of bailing on things. I see your from Youngstown, where do you usually fish hard water?

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Watch some video of screens being used you will be able to decide which is better for you. No way I could go back to vex after running marcum and lowrance.
Fishin red lines

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:33 PM »
If he bails then absolutely. He has a track record of bailing on things. I see your from Youngstown, where do you usually fish hard water?
  Wherever we can find ice which about now is not good. Usually Sodus, Chautauqua, sometimes Wilson if conditions are right.How about you?

Offline fishbowl69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2015, 08:49 PM »
I have an fl-12 and lx-5 and their both awesome units. I prefer fl-12 due to the larger flat screen, but the lx-5 is a better unit due to added features like zoom and the target separation tighter.  If I had to buy another standard flasher I'd go fl-20 or fl-28 I have never been a fan of the fl-22 not really sure why though. My buddy loves it and you can find some deals on them know a days. I am a major fan of the lx6 and lx7 and if it's in the budget I'd go that route. That straight line graph is awesome for fishing in fallin trees. 

Offline 04toyota79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2015, 09:06 PM »
Hey Pete. We fish chautaqua quiet a bit. Oneida occasionally. Buffalo SBH a lot. Silver lake. I try to get wherever there's ice. This year I'm not sure what's going to happen. I've fished Wilson a few times, I've got a buddy who lives 5min from the harbor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.