Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 259787 times)

Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10520 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Good afternoon everyone!  So I learned a lesson this morning.  If an OP asks where to find a good deal on something, I will no longer post it on the board.  I will send it in a pm.  I posted an awesome deal on a Vex FL-22 package on Amazon that I hand tailored for Nessmuck on his thread looking for a best price on an FL-8.  I've been watching the head unit fall for two weeks and it had dropped all the way from $467 to $244.  Before Nessmuck even had an opportunity to read my post (he logged out at 9:04am and I posted at 9:15am) and see the deal I put together for him, another user had the audacity to post that he had taken the deal. >:(   Then he had the additional nerve to not even thank me.  :%$#!:  The flasher is back up to $467.74.  Sheesh, some people... :blink:  My bad, lesson learned. :%$#!:

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Capt.Jim-N.J.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Captjimbergen@aol.com
« Reply #10521 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Evening, All

Some kind of rain just about all day here - mid 40's - raw

Ninja - Yup, no next time

Clean - I'm sure the donation will be appreciated

Mrs. WW - This dinner was the prep. dinner before the real Thanksgiving affair

The wife and I are driving down to Nashville the day after turkey Day to Dec. 1st - Grand Ole Opry, local historic sites, a couple of the bourbon distilleries, I don't think she
     knows just how cool it will be there with the weather, hope she packs some cool/cold weather clothes for herself - Have to sign up for Medicare 'A' & 'B', 65 in Jan., this
     should be fun with Wife's Med. Ins. from work being the supplement, we will see - have to create time to clean out the work van this week, piled to the roof from front
     to back 10 ft., it's a wonder I can get anything done with the mess that it is, the sad part of it is that it is all waste and trash from working, just needs to be thrown out
     and straightened out, tools put away, weather doesn't help with the rain and/or being breezy, oh what I wouldn't give for a garage/barn/drive-thru chicken coop

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10522 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Good Evening, pretty boring shift at work, supply wagon never showed up today.  Means I will have the bulk of the load to deal with all by myself, tomorrow.

DN, Know where your coming from on that.  I let it be known here that the price on Trilene XL 330 yard spools had gone to $1.60 each, by the time I got back into the liquidation store sale over 800 were all gone.

Capt-Jim your van sounds like my garage  ;D

Pillow time, later.
Bud

masoneddie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10523 on: Nov 14, 2017, 01:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light winds and 31* on the Hill, high of 39 expected here today.
  We're starting at 4am again today, just wanted to slip a quick hello in before getting on the road...grey stuff coming at 5:30.
  Will catch up to you all a little after the noon hour....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!
   Boss Spoons

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10524 on: Nov 14, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck on the pour today Eddie, hope your day goes well Sir! :thumbsup:

Not a lot to report here today. Yesterday was a busy one as we were able to knock off a good sized trim job at an apt. building and it sounds like another one today. Not sure what's going on as all we hear is how the work is tapering off but every day seems to be full and long.
Today will be mist and drizzle to contend with before another gradual cool down works it way in for the weekend.

Bud don't over do it today playing catch up. A few more YouTube videos and who knows you may be able to start a little tree company for a side line ;D You don't know how nice it is watching the kids at work doing the climbing. Between power lines, roofs, gnarly dead bald snags, I am happy sticking to the bucket truck. Not much can go wrong with that :woot:

Sounds like a nice trip Capt. Jim :thumbsup: I had an uncle that was a plumber, his van was packed too ;D

Getting ready to point the Buick south and see if the jungle is still there, somehow I think I know the answer :whistle:

Best of luck if doing anything fun :clap: Stay safe no matter what's on the agenda!

WS

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10525 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:53 AM »
Morning all,

WS......I'm guessing "things winding down" won't hurt your feelings one bit  :woot:  hope today doesn't take too big of a toll on you, only one more to get thru this week  :clap:
Eddie....can't imagine you have too many more of these early starts happening this year, must be about time to move the work inside for the winter. Any time off coming for hunting  ???
DN....for some it's all about me  :cookoo: :nono:  sad that not even a thank you was offered  :blink:
MrC....smart move not leaving the tent on the shanty while in storage  :thumbsup: gives the rodents less to destroy  ;D   hope you have something fun planned for today  @)
H2L.....hope you start seeing some deer soon, makes for a long day when nothing's moving  :-\
IFF.....slow & steady sir  ;)  there's always tomorrow

Ended up with about an inch of snow before it ended yesterday, most of it's already melted. Forecast calling for a couple storms passing thru starting over the weekend, looks like southern zone gun opener is going to be a wet & windy one Saturday  :wacko: :%$#!:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10526 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:55 AM »
Waitiin on ice here. 

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10527 on: Nov 14, 2017, 08:09 AM »
trophytaker1, wake up waiting for ice at 3:55 AM, sure your not in Florida ?

Good Morning all, WW, there is always tomorrow, and in my case its a day off.  Not quite of a worm one, as yesterday, or maybe even today of near 70. 

H2L how long is your season ? 

WS not much worry there, don't have a bucket truck, and really don't want one. nice to have one pull saws though.

time for some of Eddies coffee.
Bud

hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10528 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:01 PM »
WW, one was moving this morning and IFF my season is over. Got a very I nice 8pt at 7am this morning. 18" spread and has to be 170+ lbs dressed. Will get some pictures and see if I can post them...Thanks for all the support from all of you. My brother went in and helped me get it out. It was a pain for 2 OLD guys...h2l
Northville, NY

Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10529 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Whoop!  Whoop! :woot:  Nice buck H2L!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Congratulations!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

OldSailor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10530 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 PM »
X2   Way to go H2L!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10531 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Congratulations Doug. Can't wait to see the pictures.....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...

Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

masoneddie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10532 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  H2.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Way to go!!! Congratulations on that 8 pointer Sir, you earned that one, awesome!!
   Boss Spoons

Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10533 on: Nov 14, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Good job H2L nice buck

wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10534 on: Nov 14, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Nice work H2L  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:  all those long boring watches paid off congrats  :clap: :clap:

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10535 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Congratulations H2L Excellent News!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10536 on: Nov 14, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Congrats H2L Good job well done.

IFF

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10537 on: Nov 14, 2017, 11:31 PM »
WTG Doug,  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OG, Yup the cat got kicked, or was it pecked ?  ;D Mrs I think is short at least one fingernail.  ::)
Bud

masoneddie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10538 on: Nov 15, 2017, 03:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!    ;D
  Calm and 30* on the Hill this am, high of 42 predicted here for today...hoping Tom and his son have similar conditions for today's Opening Day of deer season in his neck of the woods..good luck Tom!   :thumbsup:

Marv...hope your holding up ok and your day went well yesterday! Glad to hear the younger guy's are stepping up and taking some of the load off you...we have an apprentice that could learn from them... :whistle:  Last day of your work week, hope it goes well...have a safe day with the saws!   :thumbsup:
  Mr.Ninja...that sucks about the deal on the fish finder! Keep in mind that you're efforts of finding great deals are always appreciated, even if some don't have the decency to at least say thank you...you're doing a great job Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2...Congrats  again on a nice buck, hope the muscles aren't too sore this morning from the drag!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..yes, looks like some rain in the forecast for Saturday's Opener here as well. Best of luck to Mr.WW... :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...hope you got your van under control, been there before, lol. Sounds like a great trip coming up, say hello to the gang at the Jack Daniels Distillery for me!    ;D

Our pour went well yesterday morning, no delays or mishaps to speak of...less an apprentice who would rather be on his phone texting away than working, simply pitiful. Guess having an uncle as the foreman has its perks....is what it is I guess, should be use to it by now.
  Regular start this morning at 6, we'll be ripping out old sidewalks right in front of one of the Capitol's entrance ways. We've been getting more compliments than complaints, so guess that's a good thing. Not certain how much more we'll be replacing until they pull the plug on the outside work, won't be too much longer before the temps won't allow it.
  Well...time to get ready for 8 more....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Boss Spoons

Whopper Stopper

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10539 on: Nov 15, 2017, 03:40 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Eddie the only thing better than an uncle as Foreman is having a Dad that owns the company :whistle: The texting drives me up a wall when we are trying to get things done :%$#!: Glad the pour went well, hope today a good one as well Sir!

mr.clean how is vacation going? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

H2L you are probably stiff this morning from dragging out the buck. Hope you will be able to post pictures of it :clap:

Last night the Girls went and played bingo and the wife won $200. First time either of them ever won in 4 tries, she was excited!

I am way behind this morning so have got to get going. Today we are headed to the Heart of the jungle, Minneapolis. Last year we worked at the same place and one of the guys had his sandwich stolen out of the truck, it was half eaten ??? Yep odd things seem to happen in the land of misfits.

Best of luck if hitting the woods or hitting the lakes. Above all stay safe!

WS

Follow Iceshanty at Twitter Iceshanty Facebook Page Iceshanty Youtube Channel
Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.