Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1614442 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10500 on: Nov 12, 2017, 09:50 AM »
Good Morning EEEER'S  Another 31* start for the day, no way near enough hours of freezing temps to set any ice here at lower elevations.  Got the smoker going so it will be pork baby backs for supper. 

WW well all my years at General Motors and 5 brothers that were all mechanics might explain it.  ;D  Have always been a DIY'er.

Thinking all the hunts have gone well, with more to come.  Sure miss my early deer hunting years in Wisc.  Still wonder what the big Doe I shot one year would have weighted on the hoof, seeing how that White Tail produced 200# cut and wrapped.  Remember a BIL stopped in to see it hanging, and just shook his head and left without as much as a word.

Well on to this day take care all.

Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10501 on: Nov 12, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Good Late Morning, Everybody

Overcast - Very lite breeze - 39* going to the mid 40's

Yesterday's 1 estimate didn't go quite as expected, but time will tell , did get a signed contract with another 1, thou, will start that 1 on Thursday, bathroom floor rip out &
     retile
Started fooling with the i.f. gear, got the rods ready, have to check the shelter & do inventory on the jigs, charge the battery on the machine, start the auger, usual stuff -
     A lot of weeds and milfoil in any of ponds within 15 min. drive of the house, that's new from years past

W.S. - Don't over do it, the body has a way of telling you when enough is enough, listen to it ,and the wife

Mrs. W.W. - Garage Sale

Mason - nothing wrong with the 50 Cal. b.p. - more of a challenge & makes the event more memorable

Be back later, have some prep. for finish up on Monday's job

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10502 on: Nov 12, 2017, 02:21 PM »
Good afternoon folks sunny and in the forties currently slight warm up from last two days . On vacation this week nothing special planed just more house clean out and yard work.
IFF ditto Wallyworld's comments glad you have the blazer back up and running.
Eddie hope you and the crew do not find any problems with Friday's concrete pour tomorrow given past couple days temperatures. A little confused since I'm not a hunter did not think you could use a muzzle loader during riffle season as NY. has a separate season for muzzle loaders .
Hunts2long good to hear wife's recent tests went well, may you get a shot at decent buck in the coming days.
Old Goat were you able to ice fish this weekend or due the local lakes still need time to build thicker ice.
Iowaccord66 welcome to the 9:45 thread.
Whopper Stopper don't over do it you do not want to miss spearing and ice fishing this Winter because the rib injury has not healed.
Raquettedacker  how did it go with the Christmas trees.
Deal Ninja glad you solved the picture posting problem .
Mr.Turkey have a good and safe hunt with your son.
Captain54 have a good day butchering with your son.
Capt. Jim good you have another job lined up and waiting for you.
Wallyworld enjoy the dinner with friends I was wondering why you were roasting a turkey so close to Thanksgiving thought maybe yo bring the bird to son's home for Thanksgiving. I'm assuming your and Mr.WW due the reverse of the old song over the river and through the woods and will be headed for Boston.

Have a good day whatever is planed.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10503 on: Nov 12, 2017, 03:16 PM »
Had to track the Packers game on my laptop as not available to watch on TV here locally.  They held off the bears  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

When working at Gander the past 6 years think I had to work 5 of them on Thanksgiving days.  Not so this year  ;D  Think its time to check on the smoker.  :P

The way the weather has been going still might get the boat out before the ramps close.  :unsure:

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10504 on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:11 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 29* this am, high of 39 today with a chance of some nuisance snow blowing through soon. Extended forecast showing temps in the high 30's and 40's the rest of the week, not too bad!

Bud..that will be nice not having to work on Thanksgiving Day this year! Hope you get another crack at those Walters, how did the ribs turnout?   :thumbsup:
  Marv..try and take it easy somehow today with the work load, easier said then done right? Wishing you and the short crew a safe day today, try not to over do it!   :thumbsup:
  Steve..hope you get to enjoy a few days with your vacation this week! There is a special muzzle loader only season in both the Northern and Southern zones, however, with the way NY changed the rules over the years, we have been allowed to use one during the regular gun seasons as well. My area in particular was always a shotgun only zone. After they allowed the use of black powder in it, and more recently rifles, I've just chosen to go this route.
  Capt.Jim...congrats on landing the tile job! You pegged me on the black powder reply... although I will take that 243 out for a few trips this season!  :thumbsup:
  Capt54...you must have some awesome memories hunting 4 states a season, wow! Best of luck to you and your son again,  :thumbsup: , how were those Erie perch?
  Tom..looking forward to reading your return post from the property! Hope those bucks are just laying low until you get there...best of luck to you and your son this season!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I'm sure I don't need to ask, but how was the turkey dinner yesterday??  ;D. Pie for dessert? Killing me...c'mon Thanksgiving!!
  H2...guess I'll have to wait until coffee break to see how you did hunting yesterday morn. Best of luck today if you're heading out...how was the bowling last night?

Like Steve mentioned in his post, hope we don't find any problems from Friday's pour...they should have waited until today IMO anyway.
  Did make it up into the woods yesterday, was actually surprised finding quite a bit of sign in my area. Looking forward to the Opener on Saturday. Checked out a few of the smaller  shallow lakes there as well, they were covered with about an inch of ice... :thumbsup:....getting there!
  Well, time to get ready for day one of the week again....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10505 on: Nov 13, 2017, 03:32 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Thanks Eddie! I will try and throttle it down a bit  ;D. It seems easier said then done but there at least shouldn't be anything big in the next couple of days ???

Tom, the best of luck on your coming hunt :clap: I hope the deer Gods send one of the 8's past you or better yet their Grandpa. Looking forward to reading about your hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mr.clean I hope you get some relaxing time to enjoy :thumbsup: I know the house clean out has to be weighing on you but hope you find a few hours to do some fun things.

h2 hope you have some big deer sighting stories to share, better yet a picture of one on the pole :thumbsup:

Wally was there any pie left ??? I am betting that's a silly question :cookoo:

Ninja the count down to time in that nice stand is almost here :thumbsup:

I am about to dig into the Bologna, find some bread, then fire up the Buick. Thanks for the concerns on my side. It has been a tough week and a half with spasm still keeping me entertained. This cool weather doesn't help a bit but it certainly could always be worse. It will get better :thumbsup:

Best of luck if hitting the water or sitting in a stand :thumbsup: Above all stay safe everyone!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10506 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:00 AM »
Happy Monday. 31 degrees this morning.
Mr. Clean, it is getting to the point that I hope I see a buck. Still 3 weeks left and it only gets better. Most of my deer have come late in the season. Had some pretty cool sets this weekend. The guy that owns the land was up with a friend so I stayed pretty low key on his land. Only heard 2 shots over the weekend. My nephew left for his camp in Ohio on Sunday.

Now for my bowling. Without getting into a lot of details, "The NY Giants looked better'. Enough said...lol But we took 4 points.
Wife and oldest daughter are heading to Scotia to get her car serviced.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10507 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's, Next Question ?  Oh wait wrong thread  ;D Got some pretty good laughs, with,  is it Mark or Matt ?  (Esox_xtm)? replies  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Marv did watch a long video of the process of climbing, and taking down a big pine, that was between two houses.  Limb at a time.  Don't think I would have had the nerve, to be the climber. One thing was certain, he was a Pro, at it.  At the end, when the what looked like 30' x 40" log was dropped it broke a water line. :blink: :woot:  :o

A surprising 40* out on the deck, Oh Eddie the ribs tasted pretty good, for being left on too long, got a little to dry for my liking.  Well on to the next cup of coffee, and see what else the day brings.

Take Care all

Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10508 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:02 AM »
I had planed to be on the road by now. Then I realized I had to pick up an item I bought off an online auction that is about half way to the other place. They do not open until 9.

The weather does not look that good for the most part for hunting. Rain on Wednesday Friday and Saturday.  I will not get wet sitting in the tower but it is hard to track deer in the rain. I skin and break down my deer out side so doing it in the rain would not be pleasant. I have rain gear packed just in case.

See ya all in a few days.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10509 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Morning all,dreary rain 34 degrees. Deer cutting went well but my son didn't get here till after lunch so I didn't cook the perch for lunch but will today.
Eddie have some fond memories of NY hunting and fishing. Hunting Salamanca area for years . Was only shotguns but I had a scoped gun before most. It was some fabulous hunting back in the 70's.  I quit going there in 92. Also saw bear bears in the park,they where protected by I think they could be shot by the Indians on the reservation.  I also enjoy my late summer/ fall fishing trips to lake Ontario,nothing like a screaming 30 lb king in the boat. I love the steelheads too,my biggest was 19 lbs. I also enjoyed our annual WV trip we slept in tents for a week,cooked in another and kept our hunting clothes in a third. I sat on a huge boulder about the size of a small house. I loved that ROCK. I had a good run of 13 bucks in 13 years off it. lol. Believe no monster just plain and simple killing bucks. I did get a 8pts with a 18" spread that created a lot of attention. Had two local guy's wanting to buy my deer. lol  They where in every buck pool in the county and said it was a winner. No sale the deer came home with me. lol  I made a venison pot roast with potatoes and carrots and onions, and a blackberry/ peach cobbler for dinner. My son enjoyed it and took home a big bowl of cobbler. I had a bowl with my coffee for breakfast this morning. Oh well. Good luck deer hunters and fishermen. And for those that have to work,take it easy.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10510 on: Nov 13, 2017, 09:12 AM »
Morning all,

32*, no wind and snowing like crazy  :blink:  did not see this coming  :o 

MrC.....dinner went well, turkey, taters, stuffing, corn, brussel sprouts & gravy, no rolls or cranberry sauce so not REALLY Thanksgiving  :roflmao:  actually we don't go to Boston for Thanksgiving they all go to my d-i-l mom's in CT. we have dinner with MrWW's family. Enjoy your time off from work, hope the clean out is nearly complete  :)
Eddie.....not long now till everyone is eating turkey sandwiches  :woot:  I love the smell of Thanksgiving mmmmmm mmmmmm good  :thumbsup:
WS.....there was some pie left, I made a blackberry & an apple, but I sent it all out in a doggie bag  ;)  hope you can ease thru this week, let some of the noninjured guys do the heavy stuff  :flex: 
H2L......doesn't matter how you got em, 4 points are 4 points  ;D
TT...good luck to you & your son  :thumbsup:
IFF....it's nice you'll be off for Thanksgiving  this year :clap:  retail stores should NOT be open anyway on Thanksgiving  :nono:  people should be able to buy whatever they need the day before or the day after, let the workers enjoy some family/friend time  :) 

Have a good Monday at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10511 on: Nov 13, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Good morning everyone had some snow falling earlier now just rain . Little bit of house work to do here at the condo then will head over to house I shared with my parents and go through more belongings still have some fishing gear to bring back to the condo . Also want to get some of my ice fishing gear organized that I'm planning to donate to local Boy Scout council.
IFF glad you have Thanksgiving off from work I've also worked my share of them over the years thankfully my employer is now closed on Thanksgiving.
Eddie thank you for the hunting regulations explanation. All the best to you this season may you get a buck with either the muzzle loader or 243 . Hope the concrete was alright when covering was removed this morning.
Whopper Stopper I plan to get in some leisure time this week working the graveyard shift it takes a couple days to adjust to being active during daylight hours. I have to get over to fiend where my shanty is stored and put canvas onto shelter frame work currently only the sled/tub with travel cover is stored in his barn. Have a good work week.
Hunts2long may things improve for you on your hunts.
Mr.Turkey safe hunting for your son and you this week may any rain fall be light.
Captain54 thanks for sharing your hunting stories quite the streak on WV. white tails .
Wallyworld  I see you just beat me posting today glad everyone had a great time at the dinner. I was wondering if either of your dil's parents were still present since you and Mr.WW seem to due most of the grandchild watching. Have a good Thanksgiving with your in-laws.

Have a safe and good Monday folks. Best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10512 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Good afternoon everyone!  So I learned a lesson this morning.  If an OP asks where to find a good deal on something, I will no longer post it on the board.  I will send it in a pm.  I posted an awesome deal on a Vex FL-22 package on Amazon that I hand tailored for Nessmuck on his thread looking for a best price on an FL-8.  I've been watching the head unit fall for two weeks and it had dropped all the way from $467 to $244.  Before Nessmuck even had an opportunity to read my post (he logged out at 9:04am and I posted at 9:15am) and see the deal I put together for him, another user had the audacity to post that he had taken the deal. >:(   Then he had the additional nerve to not even thank me.  :%$#!:  The flasher is back up to $467.74.  Sheesh, some people... :blink:  My bad, lesson learned. :%$#!:

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10513 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:37 PM »
Evening, All

Some kind of rain just about all day here - mid 40's - raw

Ninja - Yup, no next time

Clean - I'm sure the donation will be appreciated

Mrs. WW - This dinner was the prep. dinner before the real Thanksgiving affair

The wife and I are driving down to Nashville the day after turkey Day to Dec. 1st - Grand Ole Opry, local historic sites, a couple of the bourbon distilleries, I don't think she
     knows just how cool it will be there with the weather, hope she packs some cool/cold weather clothes for herself - Have to sign up for Medicare 'A' & 'B', 65 in Jan., this
     should be fun with Wife's Med. Ins. from work being the supplement, we will see - have to create time to clean out the work van this week, piled to the roof from front
     to back 10 ft., it's a wonder I can get anything done with the mess that it is, the sad part of it is that it is all waste and trash from working, just needs to be thrown out
     and straightened out, tools put away, weather doesn't help with the rain and/or being breezy, oh what I wouldn't give for a garage/barn/drive-thru chicken coop

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Shots - Records & Limits - Good Eats - Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10514 on: Nov 13, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Good Evening, pretty boring shift at work, supply wagon never showed up today.  Means I will have the bulk of the load to deal with all by myself, tomorrow.

DN, Know where your coming from on that.  I let it be known here that the price on Trilene XL 330 yard spools had gone to $1.60 each, by the time I got back into the liquidation store sale over 800 were all gone.

Capt-Jim your van sounds like my garage  ;D

Pillow time, later.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10515 on: Nov 14, 2017, 01:28 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light winds and 31* on the Hill, high of 39 expected here today.
  We're starting at 4am again today, just wanted to slip a quick hello in before getting on the road...grey stuff coming at 5:30.
  Will catch up to you all a little after the noon hour....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10516 on: Nov 14, 2017, 03:31 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Good luck on the pour today Eddie, hope your day goes well Sir! :thumbsup:

Not a lot to report here today. Yesterday was a busy one as we were able to knock off a good sized trim job at an apt. building and it sounds like another one today. Not sure what's going on as all we hear is how the work is tapering off but every day seems to be full and long.
Today will be mist and drizzle to contend with before another gradual cool down works it way in for the weekend.

Bud don't over do it today playing catch up. A few more YouTube videos and who knows you may be able to start a little tree company for a side line ;D You don't know how nice it is watching the kids at work doing the climbing. Between power lines, roofs, gnarly dead bald snags, I am happy sticking to the bucket truck. Not much can go wrong with that :woot:

Sounds like a nice trip Capt. Jim :thumbsup: I had an uncle that was a plumber, his van was packed too ;D

Getting ready to point the Buick south and see if the jungle is still there, somehow I think I know the answer :whistle:

Best of luck if doing anything fun :clap: Stay safe no matter what's on the agenda!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10517 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:53 AM »
Morning all,

WS......I'm guessing "things winding down" won't hurt your feelings one bit  :woot:  hope today doesn't take too big of a toll on you, only one more to get thru this week  :clap:
Eddie....can't imagine you have too many more of these early starts happening this year, must be about time to move the work inside for the winter. Any time off coming for hunting  ???
DN....for some it's all about me  :cookoo: :nono:  sad that not even a thank you was offered  :blink:
MrC....smart move not leaving the tent on the shanty while in storage  :thumbsup: gives the rodents less to destroy  ;D   hope you have something fun planned for today  @)
H2L.....hope you start seeing some deer soon, makes for a long day when nothing's moving  :-\
IFF.....slow & steady sir  ;)  there's always tomorrow

Ended up with about an inch of snow before it ended yesterday, most of it's already melted. Forecast calling for a couple storms passing thru starting over the weekend, looks like southern zone gun opener is going to be a wet & windy one Saturday  :wacko: :%$#!:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline trophytaker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10518 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:55 AM »
Waitiin on ice here. 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10519 on: Nov 14, 2017, 08:09 AM »
trophytaker1, wake up waiting for ice at 3:55 AM, sure your not in Florida ?

Good Morning all, WW, there is always tomorrow, and in my case its a day off.  Not quite of a worm one, as yesterday, or maybe even today of near 70. 

H2L how long is your season ? 

WS not much worry there, don't have a bucket truck, and really don't want one. nice to have one pull saws though.

time for some of Eddies coffee.
Bud

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10520 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:01 PM »
WW, one was moving this morning and IFF my season is over. Got a very I nice 8pt at 7am this morning. 18" spread and has to be 170+ lbs dressed. Will get some pictures and see if I can post them...Thanks for all the support from all of you. My brother went in and helped me get it out. It was a pain for 2 OLD guys...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10521 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Whoop!  Whoop! :woot:  Nice buck H2L!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Congratulations!
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10522 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:27 PM »
X2   Way to go H2L!!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10523 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Congratulations Doug. Can't wait to see the pictures.....
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10524 on: Nov 14, 2017, 12:58 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone,
  H2.... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Way to go!!! Congratulations on that 8 pointer Sir, you earned that one, awesome!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10525 on: Nov 14, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Good job H2L nice buck

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10526 on: Nov 14, 2017, 02:24 PM »
Nice work H2L  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:  all those long boring watches paid off congrats  :clap: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10527 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:56 PM »
Congratulations H2L Excellent News!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10528 on: Nov 14, 2017, 06:18 PM »
Congrats H2L Good job well done.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10529 on: Nov 14, 2017, 11:31 PM »
WTG Doug,  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OG, Yup the cat got kicked, or was it pecked ?  ;D Mrs I think is short at least one fingernail.  ::)
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.