Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607926 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10470 on: Nov 10, 2017, 12:26 AM »
Good Evening, Wow, took a while to catch up on the posts.  Capt 54 Well done  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Before I forget, Was to meet one of the fishermen from another Forum, to give me a hand with the starter removal.  I got an earlier start, so had it on jack stands, and the cable removed by the time he got there, was still at freezing temp so got some cardboard out of the store to lay on.  had to then get the other wire off, that's when the fun began, like one of those Chinese puzzles to get it out.  But just as I thought, dead solenoid, put it on the tester at auto parts store, and motor sounded like it was about to breath its last as well, Back with new one and up and running  :flex: :thumbsup: Sure glad that is over.  On way home noticed it was not heating up as usual, looks like the thermostat might be stuck open, so will plan on installing a new one.  Only down side today was when my helper took off his coveralls and closed his pickup door, found he had locked his self out, let him take my pickup home to get his spare key. 

Dang Marv Red lake ice already ?  hope everyone stays safe.  Like you glad tomorrow is a day off, think I need to rest some muscles myself, had to use some that didn't like what I was doing.  ::)

Not seeing any ice making weather close to me so will just have to wait.  Maybe by mid December to get on any close to home.  :unsure:

Stay safe and have a good week end all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10471 on: Nov 10, 2017, 02:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  34* and steady WNW winds blowing at 18-20mph with light snow at the moment. Weather guessers saying the snow showers will end by 5am, temps expected to drop throughout the day.

Bud..glad to read you got the Blazer up and running again and a hand from one of your buddies, good deal. Hope the thermostat is an easy fix today!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...we only poured 15yds. of sidewalks Wednesday, today they have 25yds. ordered, 3 trucks...should be interesting trying to cover it all up around the lunch hour!   ;D.  Hope your job goes well today Sir!
  Steve..you had a busy day yesterday, glad you had some help from your BIL...hope you caught up on some rest last evening, enjoy the day off!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...that's good news on your wife finally getting some relief from the pain!! Hope we continue to hear more improvements with her, best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope your day off helped with the mending yesterday! What's on the agenda for today?
  Wally..looks like some of that lake effect has made its way here...wondering how much snow you got there?
  H2...best of luck if hunting this am, hope today is the day Sir!   :thumbsup:

Another 5am start this morning under the lights, grey stuff arriving at 6...will denfinetly be an interesting morning!  ;D
  Thought for sure they would cancel this one due to weather conditions for today and tomorrow, hope they made the right decision... :cookoo:
  Well, time to get my longjohns and Carhartt bibs out for another season....will catch up to you all a bit later on!
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10472 on: Nov 10, 2017, 03:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's IFF glad your ride is back up and running. I got a BCM going on mine. Good you caught the thermostat right away. Eddie don't work to hard today. Freezing around the clock here now should help speed things up.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10473 on: Nov 10, 2017, 04:34 AM »
Capt. Congrats to you and your son. Sounds like a nice buck. 29 and windy this morning. Not going to warm up much today. Wife is going to pick up our youngest daughter and go to Trader Joe's in Albany this morning. Her test went well yesterday. I sat from 12:30 until dark last night. They are there, seeing lots of sign, now that the leaves are all down. Had to move one of the spots where I set because the deer were forced to change their run-way due to some blow downs. They are going within 4 feet of where I was sitting. We will see how this works out...Have a good Friday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10474 on: Nov 10, 2017, 04:56 AM »
Morning all,

23* windy with just a dusting of snow, so much for all the lake effect talk   ::)   temps aren't supposed to get much higher today then drop near 10 overnight

Got the boat winterized, washed, waxed, carpet cleaned and put to bed yesterday  :'(  was hoping to get out a few more times, but worried about the bitter cold temps at night  :-\  time to bring on some ice  ;D

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10475 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Good morning ER's! 27 heading for 32 today! It won't last, but it's a start! I'm hoping for some fishable ice down here this season. Been crappy the last few years! Sucks living on the southern edge of the ice belt! I hope everyone has a good day at whatever you choose!! Enjoy!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10476 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:53 AM »
6:51 and I should be getting readu for work...instead I am reading shanty.  I have to interview people today.  Not my favorite.  Good trip planned for Sunday.  Walleyes and stripers then once the sun rises lakers and perch.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10477 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:48 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

+10 with a -1 windchill here today.

More indoor games here today. I am actually liking the smell of Ben Gay ;D

Hope you all have a good one in your daily activities. Stay safe everyone  :thumbsup:

Time to grab some of Eddies  Cawfee :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10478 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Good Mornng ER's  Bit nippy on my deck, 26* but will be warming into 50's and 60's for next couple weeks according to the guessers.  Activity sure has picked up on IS  ;D  Not in a big rush to get cold fingers changing out a thermostat.  Next two weeks work schedule hasn't been set yet.  Maybe tomorrow when I get in will know what it will look like.  See Eddies coffee is all gone, will put on some more and catch up on my day off routine. 
Good luck to those still looking to bag some meat for the freezer.

Enjoy the day all.
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10479 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:52 AM »
Marv I hope your feeling better..  Icyhot  for my pains.   ;)
14* this morning with a 25mph wind so that should put the wind chill about -20...
And some snow..
Glad everyone else is well...
350 christmass trees supposed to be here at 1. Sure hope it warms up a degree or two...

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10480 on: Nov 10, 2017, 09:22 AM »
Let me try again. When I went to post what I had typed the internet was down a couple of hours ago. Must not have liked the 15*, it was at the time. We got a little snow last night so the leaves will have to wait for a while. There was is a little skim ice on the cove at the launch ramp when I took the wife to town to do a blood pressure clinic at the senior center. The road to town was all ice until I got to the main road. There was a car in the ditch at that intersection when I came home.

Guessed to be in the 50's next week for highs which s normal for this time of year for us.

The fish fry at the VFW was a little short of people last night due to the nasty roads. This is the last fish fry until January due to all of the things happening over the holidays.

WS
 Most of these youngsters on here probably do not know what ben gay is. A lot of those old time remedy's really worked and had a smell that is hard to forget.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10481 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:26 PM »
Evening everyone.  Well, I didn’t do spit today.  lol.  I vegged in my man cave in the garage and didn’t do a blessed thing I should have.  I did solve all the worlds problems for what it’s worth, but no one wants to listen.  ;D.   Captain54, congrats on the successful harvest of your boy’s buck.   Whew...what a relief I’m sure.  Marv, hope you’re healing up fast.  IW, I hope you have a great week in Maine.  IFF, glad the vehicle problems are behind you hopefully!  Old Sailor, great to have you back full-time!  Wally World, hopefully, we’ll have a few decent days left to gather the fallen leaves.  I know I’ve got a bunch to clean up before the snow flies for real here. :P  I hope your wife is feeling better TT.  Chronic pain is a pita.  Take it from one who knows. :-\. Capt. Jim, nice to have you back!

I know I’ve missed responding to some; mason, h2l, mr. clean, Raquettedacker,
Old Goat, but I want you all to know that I read you everyday, even if I don’t manage to reply to you individually.

Good luck to all heading into the woods tomorrow am!  Be safe and harvest a nice deer!

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10482 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:27 PM »
good evening ER's or I guess I should say Good Morning might be on the ice this weekend

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10483 on: Nov 10, 2017, 09:17 PM »
Good Evening, Gang

To All of the Servicemen and Women who gave their life to preserve the freedom we Enjoy today, You are Not Forgotten
To All of the Present Day Servicemen and Women putting life and limb at risk to preserve our Freedom, Thank You for Your Service to our Country, You are Not Forgotten
To All of the Future Servicemen and Women, May you never have to See or take part in the horrors of War, You will Not Be Forgotten

The wind had a 'bite' to it today, even thou the sun was out, temps. got to the high 40's, the 20's tonight into Tomorrow(Saturday)

Ninja - Good Evening, Sir - Nice to be back

O.G. - Here is hoping for ice your way, good luck

T.T. - Is the Mrs. still involved with the 'association'?

R.D. - It is supposed to be COLD thru tomorrow evening - a couple xtra bottles of icyhot

W.S. - My favorite to use was 'BANALG', was a green/blue liquid - yup the smell of the menthol isn't so bad

66 - Tight Lines - Good Luck

H2L - You too, good Luck

Putting the finishing touches to a small spackling job today, a light sanding on Monday with a small shelf to be put up and another one done - Tile estimate for Saturday - could
     stand to clean the inside of the work van, but not in the weather that is predicted with the biting cold wind, nope, not happening, always some kind of paperwork to do
     in the warmth of the office, playing with the ice fishing gear too, we will see

Be safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Tight Lines or Straight Clear Shots - Records & Limits - Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10484 on: Nov 11, 2017, 04:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  The winds have calmed down some overnight now at 10mph, it's 15* as I type, high of 32 here today.

Wishing all our Vets here on the Shanty a Happy Veterans Day...Thank You all for your service!!   :bow: :clap:   
   I'd like to 2nd Capt.Jims reply, very well said Sir!   :thumbsup:

Capt.Jim...good luck with the tile estimate today!  :thumbsup:
  OG...spud, spud, spud!!  ;D.  Good luck if you're fishing today, talk about early ice! Can't ever recall ice fishing here before Thanksgiving...be safe Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Mark..the one thing that's beautiful about this thread I guess, is that there isn't any guidelines to follow, it's wide open to responding however you want...and it's all good!!    Appreciate all the work you've been doing on the Best Ice Deals thread, awesome!  :clap: :bow:
  Dom..good luck with the Christmas tree sales this season!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope the mending is coming along, no denying the smell of BenGay, one of my go to's also, lol!  :thumbsup:  What's on the agenda for you and the ladies this weekend?
  Wally...sounds like a bittersweet moment putting the boat away, but sometime after last ice that will change!  ;D  Anything getting baked today?  :whistle:
  H2...hoping you connect today with one of those bucks playing hide and seek, good luck!   :thumbsup:
  lowaccord...welcome aboard the 9:45! Read a lot of your posts on MFF, good luck with the fishing!   :thumbsup:

Had a side job lined up for today, but the contractor cancelled due to weather temps...smart call, no regrets.
  Not much on the planner today, good day to R&R and maybe even make a big pot of Chicken noodle soup for dinner this evening...good weather for that again.
  Cawfee's on... bacon/eggs on the menu this morn...

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10485 on: Nov 11, 2017, 04:51 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Happy Veterans Day to all the Vets on the Shanty, X-3 on what Capt. Jim said, Can't say it any better than that :clap:

26 with a high near 40 today, over twice as warm as yesterday morning.

Not much on the planner again today Eddie. Afraid last week was a little more intense than I thought so I am just laying low.

All the talk in our area about Red Lake's ice took a quick turn yesterday as one of the resorts advocating good walkable ice had to get a bunch of people back to shore. It seems a big crack opened up and now they are saying hold off for awhile. I personally know 3 different groups that drove up there for nothing ???

Next Saturday is the WI gun deer season. Though I don't take a lot of interest in it, I will be spending a couple of days perched in my stand looking for a buck. Guess I am not ready to totally throw in the towel yet.

Best of luck to those hitting the lakes or taking in a stand or blind :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10486 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Good Morning ER's big game for the badgers today they will have to play well to beat Ia. Down two starting receivers for the year now ouch. Thanks to all the veterans. To dark to check the ice still. Have a great day folks.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10487 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Up early this morning to beat the crowds at the grocery store and the long lines at the check out. The big chain store we always shop at has gotten like going to wallyworld. Not enough check out lanes going. Our DIL worked for the wife of the late founder of the chain for a while. The woman is not happy with the way the chain is being run now.

It did not get as cold as guessed last night only 19 this morning rather than the low 10's as guessed. Not complaining at all. The roads are still treacherous as there is still ice where the sun did not hit. I had a guy following me home yesterday. instead of tail gating me he stayed back. It was my next door neighbor that lived in AK for a number of years so he knew how to drive on ice and snow.

Capt. Yes the wife is still involved with the Assn though they do not deserve the help she gives them. This new board has no clue what they are doing. The members will call her with a question as they know that they will get the right answer even though she is not on the board. The board has a ballot out to increase dues $50 which is needed but it is clear as mud. She has tried to no avail to get an answer to a question about how it will effect us as we own 1 1/2 lots with them charging $50 an extra lot but ours are combined with one parcel number. One party owns 5 lots that are not combined with there house on the middle lot. They will get hit for an extra $200 in dues making their total dues $400.

I am going to say this again!! This has to be the best thread on any forum on the internet. Those of us on this thread are the most easy going bunch there is. Not bickering or arguing what so ever. Just a bunch of great people enjoying them selves. Not getting into politics makes it even better.

Time to fix some breakfast. No bacon just link sausage. I noticed the other day that bacon is only packaged in 12 oz. packages any more as it is so high priced. I guess I need to get my son to make me some Canadian bacon as I can buy pork loin way cheeper than bacon.

I noticed there was some broken up skim ice at the launch yesterday. Some one had been able to plow through it with a small fishing boat to get it out for the year.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10488 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

x4 on Capt Jim's post  :)  thank you to all the service men & women, past , present & future and to their families for all the sacrifices made on a daily basis  :bow: :clap:

WS.....glad to hear you're laying low this weekend  :thumbsup:  nothing wrong with the smell of ben gay at all  :woot: ;)2
Eddie.....soup sounds like a winner today  ;D 
DN.....we all need those "do nothing" days now & then  @)
IFF.....hope your day off was uneventful sir  ;)
MrC.....hope you were able to catch up on your sleep  :)

Have a good Saturday whatever's on your agenda. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10489 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:09 AM »
WW, about as uneventful, as it gets.  Was going to fire up the Smoker, but didn't get around to it.  Did a not to bad bacon wrapped Filet Mignon for supper, and watched Mrs, favorite college hoops opener (Kansas Jayhawks) win.  Went to neighbor, to change out her light bulbs in the refrigerator, neither her or her son could get them out.  Had to take the control fixture out to get them to turn without breaking them.  First time for the 17 year old frig. Took a peak at what has to move to get at the maybe untrustworthy thermostat.  Might be a 20 minute or less fix, later, once it warms up some today.  First thing is to put my Flag out.  And like Tom, a good breakfast.
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10490 on: Nov 11, 2017, 02:35 PM »
Good afternoon, well thermostat change out went as expected 25 minutes, I dropped a bolt, and had to go after it with a magnet that was playing hid and seek.  ::)

Will be heading into work in a few, so will miss most of the Badger game
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10491 on: Nov 12, 2017, 03:48 AM »
Good Sunday Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 17* this am, high of 39 expected here today in the Hilltowns. Saw my first signs of real ice yesterday, nothing spectacular, just a few shallow farm ponds with a lid on them...couldn't help but smile!!   :thumbsup:

Bud..glad to hear the thermostat job went well, those darn bolts and sockets sure can find their way into the worst places...good recovery and time!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..the soup turned out pretty good...a few of the kids stopped by during the day, not much left!!   ;D
  Tom...hope the roads are cleared up for you now. Anymore good pictures of those bucks running around on the property?
  OG..I saw that the Badgers put a spanking on Iowa yesterday! Did you get a chance to check the ice yesterday?
  Marv..hope you're feeling some relief with those torn muscles today, any thoughts on taking this week off? Thought of you yesterday as I watched a tree company taking down a huge pine...best wishes with your recovery Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Mr.Ninja...did you get Postimage to work last evening? Saw your post...I still can't figure it out with my IPad.

Taking a walk up in the woods today to see how one of my old deer stands is holding up, our gun deer season in my area also opens up this coming Saturday. It's not the best area, but it has some wonderful memories attached to it, been hunting it with my partner since his Dad took us there when we were 16...this will be our 40th year!   ;D
  My area has/was always been a shotgun only zone. A few years back, they allowed the use of black powder during the season, and recently, rifles are permitted. That said, I'll still be using my 50 caliber smoke pole on the Opener, much to the opposition of my sons who bought me a 243 Remington for Christmas last year to get me " in the game " lol.
  Cawfee's on...looks like a cheese Danish under the dome if anybody has a a sweet tooth this morn, help yourself!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10492 on: Nov 12, 2017, 03:56 AM »
Morning all!  Another chilly morning @ 20 degrees.  Feels like ice fishing weather!  ;D  Cleaned up my garage yesterday....was overdue. ::)  I finally figured out my issue with Postimage a little while ago.  I use a password manager app called Dashlane to access websites that require a user name and password to login.  I have 120 logins and Dashlane keeps track of them for me.  It is also my browser and unfortunately restricts the features available on some websites via my iPad and iPhone.  It works fine on my pc.  If I login to Ice Shanty via Safari, the ‘Add image to post’ feature works fine.  Grrr.  Well, at least I have figured out the problem.  I had typed a long post yesterday and just needed to add a few photos to finish it.  I was so frustrated when I couldn’t add the pics I just scrapped the whole post. :P  I will try again later today.  I see Ed posted while I was typing.  Morning Sir! ;)

I hope everyone has a great Sunday. :)

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10493 on: Nov 12, 2017, 04:11 AM »
Morning Mark,
  Glad to hear you got that under control... :thumbsup: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10494 on: Nov 12, 2017, 04:17 AM »
Good Morning. 19 degrees
Eddie, nothing wrong with using the .50cal. You should have a lot of deer around you. I know they aren't around me. I did see 2 does yesterday afternoon about 3pm. Yesterday morning was a cool set. 12 when I left the house, I lasted almost 3 hours....We will see what happens this morning.
This afternoon take it easy, then bowling tonight....Have a great day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10495 on: Nov 12, 2017, 04:21 AM »
Good luck this morning hunts2long!  Thanks Ed!

Mark

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10496 on: Nov 12, 2017, 05:04 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad you got the Blazer all fixed up again  :clap:  you're lucky to be able to do the work yourself, saves a lot of $$ compared to taking it to a mechanic
Eddie.....glad to hear the soup turned out good  :thumbsup: roasting a turkey today, so some turkey soup in my future  ;)2
DN.....garage cleaning ugh  >:(  that's one job I can't see to ever work up the ambition to tackle   :blink: 
H2L....good luck this morning  ;)   have fun at bowling tonight
WS....how's the recovery coming along  ???  are you heading to the shack for gun opener  ???

Not much happening today, company coming for turkey dinner tonight so maybe some pie baking this morning ;D 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10497 on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Good Morning All :bow:

24 heading close to 40 today. It sounds like this coming week will even see a 50 in it.

Ninja nothing more frustrating to me than fighting a computer, glad you have it figured out :clap:

Good luck this morning h2l :thumbsup: Hope today is the day you get a crack at Bullwinkle!

Eddie, 40 years Wow! That is another great tradition. :clap: I bet you wish to had kept a journal every year, it would be fun to see. That being the case I see why the 50 caliber will be keeping you company, this will be a long week of anticipation.

WW I bet the company is coming for the pie but will sit through the turkey to be gracious  :roflmao: I have a feeling your turkey is probably just as good as your baking ;)2 Yep the shack is where I will be on Friday- Sunday

Another quiet day here getting ready for tomorrow. My wife wanted me to cash it in this coming week but unfortunately 2 guys have it off for hunting so I don't have a lot of choice. It seems every time I think it feels better I move the wrong way and am reminded it's not. I will just have to work around it and keep thinking about time in the spear house :thumbsup:

Best of luck to everyone no matter what you are doing for the day. Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10498 on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:43 AM »
WOW It is a welcome 32* this morning. This will get rid of any snow and ice that is left. After spending so many years working and trapping in the cold I can not stand it any more. I am heading over to the hunting property tomorrow morning for the Wednesday fire arms opener. I will check in tomorrow morning then I will be off line until I get back.

My son pulled the pictures off of the cameras yesterday. Not much activity since the last pull. No sign of the two 8 point bucks from that pull. There are a few pictures of a coyote in one of my plots. No sign of the freaky horned buck that has been around since September.  I love venison so I am not that choosey as to what I shoot as long as it is legal. With our combo license, two tags, one of them has to be a buck that has at least 4 points on one side. That is all my son can shoot now as he filled the other tag with a big spike last weekend with his crossbow.

We bought a smaller turkey to go along with my wild turkey from last spring. We were going to buy a couple of turkey breasts but a whole turkey was way cheaper. I usually make soup from the carcasses for both turkeys. This year I decided that I will donate the wild turkey soup to the senior center as we are not eating it up.

I called my DIL last night to make sure they were coming for Thanksgiving. They were on the road trip in Indiana planning on spending the night in Indy. I laughed knowing that there was a huge Marching Band Festival this week end in Indy. They were headed back north looking for a place to spend the night.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10499 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:12 AM »
Good morning all,it cold here in Pa. There was a little skiff on some smaller lakes and streams. My son and I hunted yesterday the last day of early archery season,he just climbed a tree and didn't take his bow. lol He has doe tags but seldom shoot one the last time was 2014. I had my best day of the season 10 deer seen and one small 8pts hassling a doe. First sign of the rut for me. It was a terrible year but we still got two bucks,one in Pa. and one in Ohio. Gun season the Monday after Thanksgiving,I couldn't wait from that day now I do it but it's not the same.  Where did time go? When I was younger  Gun hunted 4 states Pa. WV. NY. and Ohio.  A lot of memories and a pile of bucks. Oh well just checking in on all of you,hope your pains and problems go away,and big fish or bucks your way. I told out a vacuum pack of lake Erie jumbo perch for lunch,my son's coming to my home for deer cutting duty today. Be safe,take care my friends. Hopefully we'll be on the ice soon. DN,the friggin ticks never die. I sprayed my self down heavy with Sawyer,permethrin and still had two on me Thursday. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.