Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631343 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10410 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:27 AM »
pie's done  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10411 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

WW you tell the Mr. Congratulations from Minnesota :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That's a dandy buck and will taste great prior to the apple pie! I can't wait for the details of the hunt

We are having a cool dank day here. Last night more rain moved in and what snow we had disappeared, that's fine by me. Yesterday I had a time of it with the snow blower but I had two very good assistants giving me a hand and it helped tremendously. Some times just a little tug or lift or roll of the tractor is all it takes to get things lined up. I wasn't in a big hurry to do the switch but as accurate as the guessers are we could get dumped on without warning. I still have the s-i-l-'s to get ready but at least we have one ready to go.

I put in for my bear license on Friday. Wisconsin is a tough nut to crack because of all the applicants. This is my 8th year of putting in and so far nothing. I was told 8-10 years is about normal so we will see. I should find out in February whether I am successful or not. The girls are already making plans ??? The s-i-l has been putting in the same amount of time but she has been choosing preference points. The bear numbers are strong at the shack so I am expecting one if given the chance.

Thanks for the concerns about my side. I plan on heading in tomorrow and we will see how it goes. I don't expect any sympathy at work and I know he has a couple of bigger trees with my name on them. I am sure my 3 days will drag but at least I have something to look forward to.

Hang in there Ninja. If hugs help your mom give her a big one from me Sir.

IW when do you head to Main? That's a tradition  :clap:

Enjoy the day Eddie :thumbsup: Belated Happy Birthday to Mike!  :clap:

Best of luck if hitting the lake, cutting lanes, doing the baking, or beating the rain!  Keep safe everyone!

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10412 on: Nov 05, 2017, 10:21 AM »
ww That pie looks DELICIOUS!! I have more pie in the fridge than I should be eating. The wife brought home the left over pies that she had made for the Craft sale.

WS We get preference point even if we do not draw for bear. I have around 10 right now but it takes around a dozen to draw where I want to hunt. I hope I am still able to hunt by the time I draw. I think I can gift the tag to some one if am unable to hunt.
   Take it easy on the injury/ the boss will get over it you are not up to par. He knows that you would be hard to replace.

Welll back to the toon. I have the frame work up so now all I need to pull the tarp over the top and tie it down. Once the leaves are dried out that got blown on to the toon yesterday so I can sweep them up it is read for the winter. OOPs almost forgot I have to drain and replace the lube in the lower unit.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10413 on: Nov 05, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Good afternoon folks tried posting earlier blasted gremlins stole it only saw page can not be found after hitting post button. :%$#!: Hopefully I have better luck this time.
Old Sailor looks forward to seeing your post on Tuesday. Did wife's doctor forget to tell two of you about rod in lower leg during post knee surgery conversation. Hope there is one of those rubber mats at cash registers to help ease her discomfort while standing at work.
Deal Ninja sounds like your about ready for big game firearm season. Have you and the family tried getting your mom involved in any community groups (if she is not already)might help improve her mood being around other people. Also remember if she or you belong to a church the pastor is there to assist her during this time.
Ice Wanderer quite the tradition your group has going with the Maine Hunt. Best to all in your camp.
Wallyworld congratulations to your husband :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: must feel great after last season. Never fails a better buck shows up after you have already harvested a deer. I wish I lived closer to you would stop in for a pice of the apple pie.
Hunts2long congrats. to your nephew's friend hope he gets a shot at similar class deer. enjoy the bowling tonight.
Eddie sounds like a nice party for your son. Good to read he still has contact with some of his elementary school buddies.
Mr.Turkey I was in Junior high back in the years you hung drywall remember waiting in the dark for school bus. A long day for your wife glad the bazar was a success. Nice present for your wife make sure to get the pearl appraised and insured if it is a unusual color it might be very valuable. I already watch Barn Wood Builders really good show.
IFF hope you connected with the walleyes today.
Captain 54 interesting all the different hunting regulations . Is the ban on shooting spike due to the disease you have mentioned in previous posts and overall lower number of bucks in state deer population.
Whopper Stopper I applaud your work ethic others would milk an injury . Glad the girls and you got one snow blower mounted. All the best to SIL and you in getting WI. bear licenses.
Have a good evening everyone.
Steve

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10414 on: Nov 05, 2017, 02:53 PM »
Mr Clean,Pa got some relatively new deer laws. For as long as time a 3" spike was legal, but back in 2002 we got a biologist that thought he was going to create monster bucks in Pennsylvania. They first established a point restriction. It was sort of divided into two zones the northern mountain tier  had to have 3 pts on a antler and the southwestern zone 4 pts on one side. Then they had HR ( herd reduction) on
doe,two weeks of gun and a million deer hunters. It didn't take long to reduce the herd. Hunters could get 3 doe tags,unlimited in special areas. They sort of tweaked the antler restriction to 3 up on one side so now you don't have to look for a brow tine. It not so bad in archery season but it can be a challenge putting points on moving deer in gun season,when they are pressured. I'm not a fan of the new laws,I really can't  see much change,I got big deer before and after the AR (antler restriction) some places it works and other it doesn't. Junior hunters and people in the armed forces are the only one that can shoot sub legal bucks. Our deer population took a big downward slide. Some blame is on the auto insurance companies and the logging industry. It will never be the same,I remember hunting in the northern mountains seeing over a hundred deer on the first day of rifle season. Now some of my old time buddies don't even see a deer on the first day. Other places(suburbs of big cities) deer are over populated. I live in southwest Pennsylvania close to Pittsburgh 30 some mile and Ohio 30 some miles. I've never had a problem filling my tags but this year is going to be a challenge. Good luck guys and gals. Be safe and shoot straight.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10415 on: Nov 05, 2017, 04:53 PM »

I have to share this.  I was dying laughing...

DN  ;D

DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10416 on: Nov 05, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Another nut lose with an assault rifle.  But of course its ok to pass a law, that a mental person can buy firearms.....Just plain sickening.

GasBlaster, great looking ribs, what did you mop them with ?
Bud

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10417 on: Nov 06, 2017, 03:50 AM »
Good Monday morning all.  Back to the grind I guess... Standard time is kicking my butt.  Up at 3:00 again this morning. :P  usually takes me about a week to adapt.  I took a break from brush cutting yesterday and just took it easy.  We had rain in and out all day.  Welp, time to get the coffee going.  I hope everyone has a great day with whatever is on your agenda.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10418 on: Nov 06, 2017, 04:26 AM »
Morning all,

AGAIN thoughts & prayers to the victims of yesterdays shooting in Texas  :'( :'( :'(  when will it ever stop  ??? ??? :( :(

Have a good day at work or play and please please STAY SAFE.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10419 on: Nov 06, 2017, 04:43 AM »

Good morning WW, Deal, ER's,
                         It's 54* and foggy here on my hill, will this weather ever get to normal?
                         Prayers go out to the families in Texas that were involved, it's tragic what people are doing, can't we all
                 just get long. :cookoo:
                         WW.......Congrats to the Mr. for getting the job done, meat for the freezer. :clap: :thumbsup:
                         Marv......I'm glad you were able to muscle through and get the blower on, it sure helps gave a few extra hands. :flex:
                         Eddie......I have the same problem when I go to one of y sons house for a party the Beer Pong is not for me. ::)
                         It is a great time we have at our hunting camp, no one has actually kept a journal but there are lots of pictures
                that we have to document our success. I believe the biggest rack was a 12 pointer but the heaviest deer taken was a
                7 pointer weighing in at 230 lbs. :flex: I leave for camp around 2 am on Thursday getting me there around 10 am! it's
                about 545 miles by the road and about 360 miles by the way of a crow!
                         I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out hunting or fishing, I have blood work at the VA this
                morning!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10420 on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:24 AM »
Light rain this morning.
WW, I agree, when will it stop? The women that rides to bowling was saying, your can't go to church, Walmart or walk down the street without these things happening. That is what these "NUTS" have done, sat in front of a TV or video game and stayed to themselves, never inter-acted with real people to see what real life is about. They value nothing real.

IW, good luck on the trip. Hope the weather is good.

Have a good Monday....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10421 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:44 AM »
Looks like we will get to see some sunshine today. Foggy for a good part of yesterday but it did not rain for a change. I got the tarp over the toon for the winter. The only major thing yet to do is check the lower unit. The toon is wet so I will leave the ends open for a while to let it dry out. Some one on the lake paid to have their toon winterized, shrink wrapped and stored last fall. When it was delivered in the spring every thing was black with mold. The storage guy paid dearly to replace a lot of things that they could not clean the mold off of. They had shrink wrapped it wet.

My son sent me a lot of pictures of bucks at our food plots last night. This is the first year we have really used cameras that much. It is looking the best ever on the property. Even some bigger bucks that have not been seen n the property in years. Headed over tomorrow for a couple of days to get ready for the 15th.

Michigan's hunting and fishing regulations are really confusing. There are so many if ands and butts in them it takes a Philadelphia lawyer to figure them out. With the combo deer tag you can use the tags on does including a buck with under 3 inches of antler. With a firearm they are for bucks only and a buck has to have more than 3 inches of antler. :wacko:  :cookoo:

This world has sure gone to H in a handbasket. I thought when I brought my boys into the world back in the 60's and 70's what kind of world did I bring them into. Now I worry about what any great grand kids down the road will have to deal with. Truly a sad world with all of this going on.

Mr c We do not think it is some thing neurological that is causing the pain. We believe that it is a growth of some sort that is causing it. It is frustrating getting sent in circles with nothing getting done.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10422 on: Nov 06, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Good evening everyone I've got to renew my subscription to newspaper and watch TV news more often missing out on all the crazy things going on in our world. Sad a song like Barry McQuire's"Eve of Destruction " still has relevance in today's world.
Captain54 thank you for the explanation of PA. deer hunting regulations.
Gas Blaster welcome to the 9:45 thread. Great looking ribs.
Deal Ninja thank you for the video . Also a double  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: and  :bow: :bow: for your action in the Best Deal thread.
Ice Wanderer safe trip to your hunting camp in Maine . Quite the drive from your location. Has anyone in your hunting party ever been draw for a permit/license in the Moose hunting lottery.
Hunts2long your bowling friend is correct all the recent mass shootings and terror attacks are helping groups like ISIS reach their goal of having people loose faith in their government to protect them from such events.
Mr.Turkey understand your wife's position very frustrating when no one can provide answers to your questions.

Remember to vote tomorrow. Stay alert of your surroundings and try to carry on with life style that has made the U.S. a destination for citizens of other countries.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10423 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:02 PM »
Good Evening, Everybody  -  I'M BACK

Just letting the group know that I'm still alive and kicking, in spite of all the work that is still piled up for me here doing tile, no end in site - I will be checking in regular from
     now on

Regards to All

Capt.Jim-N.J.
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10424 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:25 PM »
Well finally got the right one in front on me. I shot and 8pt in Ohio. Decent deer not the smallest or the biggest,but the way my season been going,I'll take him. Now for Pa. At my age,there all good with a bow. Good luck guys. Be safe and shoot straight.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10425 on: Nov 06, 2017, 11:12 PM »
Good Evening, expecting some white rain over night and into tomorrow.  Will have to see what gives with the blazer battery, found it was a no start and had to take the pickup instead, to work.  Coffee is still on if anyone wants some.

Didn't go to the lake Sunday, the crew did get some keepers, but really had to work for them.  Pretty scattered they were.

Good for you Captain54 good luck in Pa.

Jeff hope you have a good trip, Pillow time for me.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10426 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Had some Internet problems again yesterday morning, couldn't get a connection here or anywhere else. The Mrs. said service was back on mid morning, doubt we'll see any reflection of their problem in our bill...
  Thoughts and prayers to all those poor innocent victims and their families in Sundays Texas shooting...the more info you hear, the sadder it becomes.

Bud...good luck with the blazer fix!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...Congratulati ons on the 8 pointer, well done!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Capt. Jim...Welcome back to the 9:45 Sir!! Have been wondering how you've been doing! Looking forward to your posts again, glad things are busy for you still, awesome!   :thumbsup:
  Mark..I'll 2nd Steve's reply on the video and one heck of an act of kindness on the Best Deal thread...amazing! :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Tom...sounds like a banner season coming up for you and your son on your property, best of luck to you both!  :thumbsup:
  H2...how did you do bowling the other night? Good luck today if hunting! 
  Jeff...thanks for the info on hunting camp...wishing you and the crew a successful memorable trip!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..hope your first day back went well with no major issues....have a safe day in the jungle Sir!
  Mike...looking forward to your return today!   :thumbsup:

Another 4am start this morning and pressed for time...will catch up to you all this afternoon...cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10427 on: Nov 07, 2017, 03:54 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

First ditto Eddies comments about the shootings in Texas, the more you hear the sadder it gets :cookoo:

Welcome back Capt. Jim. I also was wondering how things have been going. Looking forward to your posts :clap:

Congrats on your buck 54, he sounds like a dandy:thumbsup:

Ninja  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Very nice Sir! I just read what you did :bow:

IW hope you are getting everything set for Thursday. I know you don't have phone reception from there but hope you take some notes and pictures to share when you get home :clap:

Wally, is the deer all cut up and packed away?

I have to get the Buick pointed south so will have to get going. Yesterday was about what I expected and it was a struggle to get through the day. I am feeling stiff and sore this morning but no intention of not going in.

Best of luck if hitting the water or beating the brush :thumbsup: Above all, stay safe everyone!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10428 on: Nov 07, 2017, 05:26 AM »

Good morning Bud, Eddie, Marv, ER's
                             It's 32* and clear here on my hill the temps are going to fall as the week goes on, a high of 26" is forecast
                   for Friday! Then it rebounds a little to more seasonal! :clap:
                              It's a sad thing that goes on in peoples mind these days, I feel for all those people effected in Texas!
                             Today is election day, "Choose Wisely". :roflmao:
                             Marv........You're a tough brute, I can imagine the pain you're in and you probably worked just as you would if
                   you weren't in pain! :flex:
                             Captain54......Congrat s on the buck! :clap:
                             Eddie.......The Gremlins sure run amuck, I had some also this morning, but finally got it resolved! :%$#!:
                             Bud.........I hope it's just corroded terminals and nothing more! ::)
                             Capt. Jim .....It's good to have you back! :thumbsup:
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10429 on: Nov 07, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Cool out this morning, Actually near freezing. They are guessing that we will have some measurable snow on Sunday. Still pitch dark out side. Another half hour till sunrise.

Headed out for the other place in a few. I am going to stop at a friends sport shop just north of here on the way, to pick up my licenses. For the first time in years I am going to by two buck tags. That way if I shoot one of the little bucks I can still keep hunting as for the first time in years there are a few big bucks around. We have a nice wide 8 point on camera plus another 8. The second tag is restricted to number of point on one side. Total cost for the two tags is $28, $8 for the first being an old foggy and $20 for the second like every one else.

My son shot one of the spike horns last night. There are a couple of freaky horned bucks around plus another bigger spike. There are a couple of fives and 6's are around also. I have no clue as to why there are so many bucks around as I never saw any horns at all last year. I guess I better shut up before I jinx my self.

Talk at you all on Thursday, have a great  few days

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10430 on: Nov 07, 2017, 07:08 AM »
GOOD MORNING ER's!!! I'm baaack!! ;D Darn, have I ever missed this place!!! It's taken me an hour just to catch up on the 9:45 thread!!! There's no way I'm going to be able to comment on everything that's gone on around here! I will say that concerning my wife's  rod in her leg, that some could be due to my poor hearing and that she was pretty well sedated when he talked to her. She has been working part time and the have been keeping her hours per shift  down to a tolerable level! I have a ton of catching up to do on the site, so I best get at it!! Best of luck to those pursuing fur, fins, or feathers! I got internet back on just in time to help cover for IW's hunting trip! Thank's for keeping the lights on!!! There's a BIG pot of coffee on and I'll whip up something for breakfast!! C'mon down!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10431 on: Nov 07, 2017, 07:22 AM »
Morning All - Bright Sunshine, 38* going to the low 50's maybe, no breeze

Like O.S. said, lots of catching up to do

I hope all is well at the present time with family & friends

More later when I get done with work today, should be just after lunch

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10432 on: Nov 07, 2017, 08:55 AM »
Good Morning ER's  26* at 8:00 am, only a trace of snow,  looks like on the radar snow is going to miss me.  Its going north and south of my hill.

Now one more cup of coffee and take care of my start problem, get a battery if necessary

Good news O S  btw, your addicted.  ;D
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10433 on: Nov 07, 2017, 09:17 AM »
Good Morning ER's  26* at 8:00 am, only a trace of snow,  looks like on the radar snow is going to miss me.  Its going north and south of my hill.

Now one more cup of coffee and take care of my start problem, get a battery if necessary

Good news O S  btw, your addicted.  ;D
I know I'm addicted IFF!! The Shanty is my Facebook!!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10434 on: Nov 07, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Morning all,

The rain has FINALLY stopped here !!!!!!!!!! Not sure if I could have survived one more day of it  :%$#!: :wacko:  It was just snowing a couple minutes ago, which would actually not be too bad if the leaves were all cleaned up already. The weatherman says dry & sunny the next few days so hopefully I can get all that yard work stuff out of the way before the real snows come along ;)2

OS.....welcome home  :clap:  good your wife's bosses are looking out for her  :thumbsup:
CaptJim.....nice to hear from you again, glad all is well  :)
DN.....you are an  :angel  helping others like that  :bow:  just caught up on the deals thread
IFF.....hope the starting problem is an easy, inexpensive fix  :) 
IW.....safe travels to Maine and best of luck in the woods sir  ;)
WS....yep the venison is all set  :thumbsup:  hope your aches & pains are subsiding a little as each day passes  :pinch:  planning your next trip to the shack yet  ???
TT.....good luck to you also, hope you didn't jinx yourself  :woot:  congrats to your son  :thumbsup:
Eddie....hope you have your winter woolies ready to go, some cold mornings heading this way  :roflmao:
C54.....congrats on the Ohio buck  :clap: good luck in PA
MrC....sometimes I think NOT hearing or reading about the current tragedies is better for one's state of mind  :-\  it tends to become overwhelming at times....so much sadness & sorrow  :'( :'( 

Have a good day whatever you have going on.  Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10435 on: Nov 07, 2017, 12:34 PM »
WW well you might say that, with the sticker on the battery of 4/2012, I gave it a jump start, drove over to Walmart, remembered to take a 5/16th wrench to take the battery cables off but forgot about taking a 1/2 socket and extension to loosen the hold down.  They wanted to charge for changing it out so, back home, removed it and found some hidden corrosion hiding under the ground cable.  So they missed out on the sale of a battery and windshield wipers  :cookoo: will not be getting a new one from them.
Bud

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10436 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:06 PM »
IFF, take it in to almost any auto parts store and they should test it for free!! I work for an auto parts store and we do it all the time! They can do a load test, and with winter coming up, that's what you want done!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10437 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:18 PM »
Good evening change back to fall weather was in the thirties this morning afternoon high around fifty. I have put my snow brush in vehicle weather guesser saying rain possibly some snow over night.
OldSailor welcome back ,glad your wife's employer is understanding of her medical condition.
Capt. Jim good to see you back hope your step daughter is doing as good as you health wise.
Captain54 congratulations on your deer.
IFF glad the battery problem was an easy fix for you would be nice if removal of old battery was part of new battery purchase price not a separate charge.
Eddie do not know if your internet provider is the same as mine (Spectrum) in the past couple weeks I have received calls saying service would be out between 12AM to 5 AM for maintenance. You might have had the same issue but received no message.
Whopper Stopper I hope your boss and crew appreciates your work ethic.
Mr.Turkey congratulations to your son on the spike. May you get to fill both of your tags.
Wallyworld I agree with your thought feel lucky I was on vacation when 9/11 happened and only had a radio which I turned off after an hour as it was just a repeat of news.

A pleasant evening to all.
Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #10438 on: Nov 07, 2017, 06:10 PM »
Evening, All

Someone pulled the plug on a rain cloud about 3:00 p.m. here, and turned on a fan full blast, rather nippy out, Friday is supposed to be the first freezer day going into Saturday,
     Methinks fall has finally arrived

Wife - She had right knee arthroscopic surgery done 2-1/2 weeks ago, all I will admit to is having the patience of a saint - She also retired from her job working for the county,
     about time, I don't have to listen to the bad day stories anymore

#1 Son - He is back out for his 2nd deployment on the aircraft carrier, won't be back till May-June 2018 - D.I.L. is pregnant again, she had gender reveal ultrasound, Boy, G.C.
     #1, Due April 26th, 2018, a couple of trips to San Diego in the future

#1 Step-daughter - Holding steady at this time, she lost 30 pounds thru dieting so that she can have a 'sleeve' put around her stomach for more weight loss in prep. for the kidney
     surgery down the road, more on this later - Her husband is in the end stages of a stress fracture to a bone in his right foot, still don't know how he got it, his job is no where
     near as physical as mine, and I'm semi-retired

#2 Step-daughter and husband are doing good, they just got back from vacation in Cozumel, 1 week, back to work, her at the post office, him a C.O./prison guard here in Jersey

Me - Still cranky, the prostate reports are good, my P.S.A. levels dropped at first checkup 3 months out after end of radiation, next 1 is due in Jan. 2018 - other than that, just
     taking it one day at a time, takes a while to loosen up the still joints in the morning, most of us know how that goes, I work a reduced hour work day, usually 6 hrs., when
     the body says enough, it's time to go home, there is always tomorrow, the customers are good with it, they like the work being done so it is a win-win for both sides - I only
     'wet' a line 2 times over the summer, everything went back, it did feel good thou

I'll get into other things later

Be Safe - Stay Warm - Have Fun - Records & Limits - Get Well Soon

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #10439 on: Nov 07, 2017, 07:28 PM »
Being  approx 9:45 on a tuesday i awoke from a long summers slumber,awoken by an artic blast or was it nibiru whizzing by? wiping the sleepers from my eyes i strained to see any ice,and surprizingly looked in ice box to my surprise my maggots/spikes from last winter still alive way to go jada bait.the forecast is surprizingly optimistic with 3 days of total darkness about to happen plunging us into an over night ice age? speaking of optimism with the economy booming i might have to purcase a vex for my buddy dominator.oh well im happy with trump but draining the swamp im very un happy since we cant afford to lose any more ice fishing water? till next tuesday gloria A DIOS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.