Author Topic: Suggestions welcome  (Read 837 times)

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
Suggestions welcome
« on: Mar 13, 2013, 10:07 AM »
I have an off-Friday this week and am looking to get out one more time, but am hesitant over the deteriorating ice conditions down South...

If anyone has any suggestions for fishing in the mid-state area, please PM me.... just looking for a 6-tip up lake or pond within 1 to 1-1/2 hrs from Merrimack where I could catch a few bass/perch/pickerel, etc ....   jiggin for 'gills &/or crappie would be a bonus.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Suggestions welcome
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2013, 11:54 AM »
little massy maybe? that is in auburn not sure on ice conditions tho but if you go to wildlife they may have some reports for you how far north are you looking to go?
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:31 PM »
little massy maybe? that is in auburn not sure on ice conditions tho but if you go to wildlife they may have some reports for you how far north are you looking to go?

I'll give them a buzz. thanks Erik...

I was thinking Concord & North... I know Turtletown has pretty good ice last weekend, I just usually dont do very well there through the ice....

Offline haightdaddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:36 PM »
Highland lake had 14" last weekend. Lots of brooke trout and SM
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Balch Lake is good for what your after , i was up there last weekend still had descent ice
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2013, 12:40 PM »
I'll give them a buzz. thanks Erik...

I was thinking Concord & North... I know Turtletown has pretty good ice last weekend, I just usually dont do very well there through the ice....

any time i hope you find some decent ice to get out, there is always stumpfield too i believe that is a res so the water levels can raise and lower tho so be careful, any other ponds i can think of ill let you know but most are a bit above concord

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2013, 01:42 PM »
there is always stumpfield too i believe that is a res so the water levels can raise and lower tho so be careful,

I was pleasantly suprised to see that the Army Corps didn't raise the level of the resevoir and completely blow out the edges on Stumps with the rain yesterday.  Everything still 'looks' good there, I'm gonna give it a whirl this afternoon.

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2013, 01:47 PM »
good luck be safe and stick some fattys!

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys.... looks like Im going up to Winni... never ice fished there. My buddy at work has a place in Wolfeboro. We're going to try up in Moultonborough for crappie Friday evening, then Sat either go back, try 19 mile bay for whites, or hit the lake his camp is on - Mirror.

Will have a report - good, bad or ugly...

Paul

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2013, 06:33 AM »
i hope you smash em!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.