Author Topic: 1st Time Poster  (Read 1261 times)

Offline ishoot308

• Team IceShanty Regular
1st Time Poster
« on: Nov 09, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Hi all;

First timer here and thought I would say hello and ask a question at the same time...

I recently purchased a Dyna-glo heater for my newly built bob house and was curious if you could use an adapter hose for a 20 lb tank on this unit or will it only work on 1 lb bottles...

FYI... I will be doing most of my fishing on Winni as I have a camp on one of the islands there.  The bob house is so I can move around to different areas if necessary.  I also recently bought a Polaris Ranger with tracks to help move the house around the lake. Any input good or bad from anyone who has a Ranger would be great!

Thanks!

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1st Time Poster
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:01 AM »
welcome to your new addiction.i can't see why you can't hook up a 20 lb tank to that heater with the right connection. i have one that i put in a portable i can't answer your other questions because i'm a walker, but there are some very helpful people on here that l will help you. i have learned alot from the people on here. it's a great site.

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:14 AM »
All you have to do is buy the hose. It has the right fittings on both ends which will replace the small bottle and fit the propane tank.

Offline duke31

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "gone fishin"
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:22 AM »
"WELCOME TO THE NEWBEE, FROM THE LAND OF "LIVE FREE, OR DIE".
ya found a new home here on IS.  ask a ?, and you'll a answer. ;)
aka FishingPolski

timberdoodle

« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2009, 12:27 PM »
I have an 06 ranger xp with polaris tracks and can't say enough good about it. I love it. The only thing that I have found is beware if you high center it on a snowbank, they are heavy, with the tracks on mine weighs in at about 1500 lbs.  I have had mine in 30 inches of fresh snow with no problems. As long as those tracks get traction it will go pretty much anywhere. Buy a replacement belt to keep with you and make sure you know how to change it before you head to far off the beaten path. The ranger is prone to smoking belts with the tracks on, use low range whenever you think you might have to work the machine hard. Once the snow hits the tracks go on and don't come off until spring. Its great to be able to get a couple of guys and all the gear in one machine. I made a big box for the bed with a light in it, keeps all the gear dry and secure. Welcome aboard.

Offline ishoot308

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Thanks for the replies all!

Timberdoodle, How much ice do you like to see before driving the Ranger on out??  Haven't familiarized myself yet fully with the Ranger as I just got it a week or so ago. It's used, a 2008 XP with a fully enclosed freedom cab, heater, stereo, winch, lots of other extras also. I got a smokin' deal on it as the guy who was selling needed cash quick. I will definitely carry a spare belt and will familiarize myself with how to install.

Thanks!

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2009, 02:46 PM »
Welcome to the site
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

timberdoodle

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2009, 09:02 PM »
I like to wait until there is at least a foot, I know that less will hold it but there is less likely to be soft spots that far along. Of course we all know that we should know the lake before taking any vehicle out on the ice. Most of the ponds I fish I know pretty good.

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2009, 09:23 PM »
Welcome ;D

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2009, 04:45 PM »
welcome to the shanty !!you'll get some good info here as most all are good ethical sportsmen willing to point you in the right direction if needed!!!!!!!

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2009, 12:10 AM »
 Welcome to Ice Shanty! :tipup:

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 2009, 11:05 PM »
Welcome Ishoot!  :)

You should be able to pick up the hose/connector for the heater and hook it right up to the 20g tank...

Offline FISHYFINGERS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2009, 09:54 AM »
GREAT O HAVE YOU ABOARD THE SITE !!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE THE HOSE YOUR TALKING ABOUT, CONVERTED THE MR BUDDY HEATER FROM 1LB BOTTLE TO THE 20 LB GRILL TANK, BOUGHT IT AT ACE HARDWARE, SAVES YOU ALOT OF MONEY IN THE END!!! I HEAT MY SHANTY ALL WINTER ON THE SAME TANK.

FISHYFINGERS!

Offline Chevy_94

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Wouldn't hurt my feelings to see this year round"
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:07 AM »
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup:

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Instead of getting the hose, i would get the adapter to refill the lil green bombs. Much lighter to carry 3 or 4 of those then a 20lb monster, esp. if your walkin!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.