Author Topic: NHs pike lakes  (Read 3478 times)

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
NHs pike lakes
« on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:35 PM »
heres a list of all our pike lakes seems like we have plenty no need for the d*** bucket bioligist
if this isnt enough then go to champlain and catch all the pike you want its worth the drive i have the pics to back that up lol, but i'll be on a certain southwestern nh lake trout lake most of the winter  ;)

1.Moore reservoir
2.partridge lake(they did a netting survey there this spring ?)
3.flag pond
4.dodge pond
5.ogontz lake
6.jericho lake
7.franklin pierce lake
8.wilson pond
9.skatutakee lake
10.spofford lake(no ice fishing for some reason)
11.the connecticut river (plenty of area and fish)
12.upper and lower baker ponds
13.powwow pond ? dont believe that

i think im forgeting some let me know

catch pike like its my job

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Re: NHs pike lakes
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 06:07 AM »
This is a paragraph out of a press release from F&G back in 2004.
"Gabe Gries, also a Fish and Game fisheries biologist, describes pike as an underutilized, overlooked resource. He says, "There are many places in New Hampshire where pike populations are consistent, with good reproduction and growth, and large, two- and three-foot fish," which during March and April are foraging heavily in preparation for spawning. Though pike are most popular during ice-fishing season, anglers can have good success now and for the next couple of weeks fishing them throughout the setback and slower sections of the Connecticut River. Through early June, fish for pike in shallow coves and bays of lakes and ponds including Franklin Pierce Lake, Hillsborough; Massabesic Lake, Auburn; Skatutakee Lake, Harrisville; Spofford Lake, Chesterfield; Jericho Lake, Berlin; Upper Baker Pond, Orford; Dodge Pond and Ogontz Pond, Lyman; Partridge Lake, Littleton; and Pow Wow River Pond, Kingston.
http://www.wildnh.com/Newsroom/News_2004/News_2004_Q2/Pike_042204.htm
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline Meppsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:37 AM »
Now this is peeking my interest...anyone have any quick tips for catching pike through the ice? Depth, bait, structure? Any ideas would be a huge help, I will hopefully be getting to a few of these fisheries this winter.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice like an idiot.

Offline JDN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JHM
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Use goldens or small suckers 4-5 inches long.Find biggest flat with drop off 5-15 feet water fish flat .Start of season fish should be hanging around weed edges as season progresses move deep then come up on flats in March for spawning.March look for flat with river pike will come in to fresh water.When all else fails head to Maine with BOB ,DENNIS and ME we head up north every other weekend.

Offline nhpikeking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2009, 02:19 PM »
shallow water weeds big shiners (never had luck with suckers) and put your bait right under the ice, first ice and last ice are normally the best time good luck

catch pike like its my job

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2009, 02:43 PM »
Never really went looking for Pike all these years of fishing, Living on Massy we always got some nice large Pickerles, Few years back late 90's the F&G through about 80 Pike in Massy ranging from 6-25 inches that came out of the Conn. River
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline Meppsfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Oct 28, 2009, 04:22 PM »
If I live in central southern NH what area of the connecticut river would be an easy trip for me? 101 is pretty accessible...I always wanted to fish it but didn't know anyone who has, and never had the guts to make a trip. Seems like there are  a couple guys who know the area, would like to head out there a few times this year.  Thanks
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the ice like an idiot.

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:18 AM »
If I live in central southern NH what area of the connecticut river would be an easy trip for me? 101 is pretty accessible...I always wanted to fish it but didn't know anyone who has, and never had the guts to make a trip. Seems like there are  a couple guys who know the area, would like to head out there a few times this year.  Thanks
Probably the Hinsdale setbacks would be your closest bet, close to brattleboro but on the NH side.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.