Author Topic: Small Engine Repairs  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
Small Engine Repairs
« on: Oct 04, 2009, 06:36 PM »
Would anyone know of a shop that works on ice augers around Manchester, I need a carb. rebuilt on a Tecumseh
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Small Engine Repairs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Your not talking about that nice new auger you had on MM last year, are you ?

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2009, 06:59 PM »
No James

I bought another for resale,I would like to have a tune up done and a crab rebuild before I sell it.

The new Jiffy was under my bed all summer.......LOL

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2009, 07:47 PM »
LoL

Offline Flags up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 05, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Halls Small Engine Repair. 4 Harvest Dr Hooksett, NH 03106  (603) 668-9176 ...This guy hooked me up with a part for my jiffy auger that nobody else could come up with. I highly recommend him. Techumseh engine. 

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 06, 2009, 12:02 AM »
pick up the parts yourself and save pocket the extra money. i was going to bring mine in last year and they were going to charge me over 100 bucks. i bought the parts for like 10 bucks from the local small engine shop and they told me were to start out for the carb settings which were pretty much right on. not much to them couple gaskets, needle and seat, and diaphragm.

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 06, 2009, 06:17 AM »
Halls Small Engine Repair. 4 Harvest Dr Hooksett, NH 03106  (603) 668-9176 ...This guy hooked me up with a part for my jiffy auger that nobody else could come up with. I highly recommend him. Techumseh engine. 

Thanks for the info

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #7 on: Oct 15, 2009, 01:25 PM »
anywhere except "Daves small engine" in Raymond .. dont go there for anything! that guy is a hack and he will charge you for something he didnt even fix , ive heard many complaints from other people but heres my story

i brought my snowmobile in that was bogging down and had a snapped pull cord, got it back and it still ran like crap, so i brought it back again and he was convinced the thing was running fine lol it ran the same if not worse when i got it back and he didnt even want to try to work on it more he just drove it in a small circle and told me the thing is running great. (and whatever he thinks he did wasnt cheap)
next thing you know im out on a local pond and my battery died, pull my pullcord for the first time and it pulls out and doesent recoil. now im stranded because he couldent try the dam thing after he fixed it!!?!?

also my old boss at a landscape place brought a weedwacker in and asked us to let us know what was wrong with it and how much it would cost before he did it.
he calls back after a day and says is just the coil a $30 part, as he tells me this i tell him when you pull the pull-cord its hard to pull and skips, i ask him to make sure its just the coil before he fixes it
       two days later he calls up saying its done, pick it up and get a bill for almost $200 dollars

he put a new flywheel on the dam thing because one of the fins chunked off.

could of just bought a brand new one and then some.

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #8 on: Oct 15, 2009, 01:32 PM »
ALSO - Off topic- Lahrs transmission in Candia is a total hack to, i had a clutch done in my car it lasted a month, i got a new clutch (just the part) for free but for some reason it cost 50 bucks more than the first bill, ended up spending over $1,000
not to mention i got the car back and the whole engine is rocking back and forth because they never tightend the motor mount, my air box is just floating around because they stripped the bolt out and never fixed it, and he F'ed up my ground wires.

my buddy brought his truck in to have is manifolds done, the guy does one side and not the other, and the side he did do started leaking less than a month later

my old boss brought his truck in for a transmission (torque converter) not only did he get ripped off but we pull the dipstick for the tranny fluid and the thing is snapped in half and bent so you cant even tell how much fluid is in it.

and theres more but im sick of blabbing, just dont go there!   :%$#!:

Catch A Buzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.