Author Topic: Packed it all up today  (Read 1805 times)

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Packed it all up today
« on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:25 PM »
Its time to start getting the boat ready and I think I was done with the hard water for this year. Its been a lot of fun, hopefully I will see some of you over on the FishLakeWinni.com site and we will stay in touch!!

-Scott

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Packed it all up today
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:43 PM »
What?? Some of the best fishing is right now...  :tipup:

Had a good morning with Rick and John on "the good lake" today. I landed five lakers and lost one by 9:15. Died right off after that though.

If you change your mind, let me know. My brother and I are hitting the ice tomorrow.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:46 PM »
LOL its easy for me to unpack it all Craig HAHAHA I was just trying to get over the piles to get at some of the new stuff I bought for the boat.

I didnt think I was going to go out anymore, but if the invite is open I may be tempted. Where are you guys going? NewFound? How was the ice today? Will my quad be able to get around?

Call me and let me know.

-Scott

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 07, 2009, 01:50 PM »
We travelled the ice today on wheelers. It was wet but not bad at all. Thanks to Rick for use of his spare wheeler! Sure beat hoofin' it!
We were planning to go to Newfound, but I just drove by Winnisquam on my way home and have the urge to fish there. I haven't yet this winter. Gotta call my brother right now and then I'll get back to you. I have no wheeler of my own, so wherever we go will be close to parking.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Okay... so we're fishing Winnisquam tomorrow. Decision made. LOL. PMing you now.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2009, 04:26 PM »
don't do it.....i kinda feel the same way, but the weather today is what you wait your whole ice fishing season for......incrediable.. ....all we needed was a small  pony kegger, a band, and about 15 more people......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2009, 04:39 PM »
We had all that today ,just got home ,glad I did not drive today.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2009, 04:43 PM »
one word.WHY??????

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:00 PM »
We straightened him out...  ;D He's fishing tomorrow!  :tipup:

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:24 PM »
HAHAHAHA I got boat fever today!! Thats all it was!! :-)
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #10 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:25 PM »
HAHAHAHA I got boat fever today!! Thats all it was!! :-)
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
i think we all do......i walked by her this afternoon in the garage and asked the old girl if she was almost ready to go.......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 07, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Mine is still behind 3 foot snow banks but she is smiling at me ready to go.

One good thing I got in the mail yesterday are the new decals, me and my fishing partner Tom named her last week finally.

Im sure therer are others out there with the same name, but we decided to go with it anyways!

"Smells Like Fish"

So if you all see the Trophy out there with the name, you know its us!

-Scott

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Packed it all up today UPDATED!!
« Reply #12 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:30 PM »
OK so SlipKnot convinced me that the season wasnt over just yet and to go and join him out on Winnisquam today. Met at about 645 and when I arrived he had told me he already had gotten one flag, so I was optimistic about it being a good day. Unfortunately, that was the only flag for about the next 3.5 hours. Only landed 1 laker, well let me clarify Craig did, I didnt get anything all day. No flags and nothing on the finder either. Still was good to finally meet Craig and im sure we will fish again...although I am SURE it will be on open water not hard!!

On another note, HOLY fast melt!!! The entire lake was just covered in water. The holes we drilled were sucking in the water and it was turning the holes into whirlpools. It was pretty neat to see, so either the water was melting so fast it needed a place to go or the ice was sinking. Im going with the ice sinking haha. Lots of shaty's were being pulled off the lake...its about that time of the year!!

Yup its official, I am done for the year!!

-Scott

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:44 PM »
If it was sinking the water would be gushing out!It was floating making more room for new ice when it cools back down.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 08, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Yeah... sorry about the action... wasn't the best of days. Four flags, watching line being taken on each one, and only one fish to show for it was not good. Next time I'll curb my "grass is greener" theory and just fish a place I know produces. I have that bad habit of always wanting to try someplace new.
It was good to finally meet ya, though.
Hopefully we'll do some soft-water fishing together.

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Only fish on days that end in y
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2009, 04:00 PM »
You gotta watch out for slipknot..  .......he went with us yesterday and  showed up 20 mins late wasn't set 5 mins and had a flag.
He said something about licking the smelt the right way.
 :%$#!:
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2009, 04:35 PM »
hahaha I watached him close he had some secret stuff he was dropping in his jigging hole, but that didnt help him ;-)

No licking of smelt that I witnessed, but maybe yesterday he was LOL

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Hahaha... it was my lucky day yesterday.  :laugh:

Sheesh, Scott, you MUST have been keeping a close eye on me. LOL. I only dropped stuff into my hole once. It was just the old "power worm" off my perch jig. No secret bait. Though, maybe I should have tried chumming. Man, what a slow day.

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:44 PM »
What on flags .........come on now.  Let's here the storie's
I've done so much with so little for so long i can now do the impossible with nothing.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 08, 2009, 05:54 PM »
LOL I was paying attention!!

I knew that's what you were doing, I was just joking. I didn't think you would verify it to the board hahaha

Good time though, lots of good stories and information! Can't wait till we can start pulling them in over the sides of the boat!

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:13 PM »
What on flags .........come on now.  Let's here the storie's

Not much to it...
I checked out a new spot last night on Winnisquam after getting home from fishing with you guys. I managed one laker and a flag but no fish attached. This morning, Scott met me there. I got there about 6:15 and put a tipup down the same hole as last night. Hadn't even set the flag and a fish took the line. I let it run a ways, but then it just dropped the bait and was gone. When Scott got there, we stuck it out for a hour or more with no more bites. Picked up gear and moved to a new spot. Set up in 40 feet or so and had three more flags on the same tipup. First flag produced a 17" or so laker... the next two flags I watched line go out, waited for them to stop and start moving again, but when I put the slightest tension on the line it pulled the bait free. It was like they were just mouthing the bait or something. Not one hit on jigs. I even tried yesterdays "ugly white boy" jig with no luck. Haha. We moved one final time before leaving, but not a single bite there. Slow day. Had it not been for the wind, it would have been quite balmy!
Did you guys fish today??

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:25 PM »
No the dog was whining ....that the house work wasn't done yet.

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:31 PM »
I thought you had Dixie trained to do the laundry??  ;D Now wouldn't that be a great pet!

Offline Natty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Mar 08, 2009, 06:47 PM »
That's pretty good you rememberd her name..............Some day she will get it down.
it whould be nice to come home to a hot meal.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #24 on: Mar 12, 2009, 01:21 PM »
always somebody that wants to throw in the towel early on here, lol myself i use a boat to get onto the safe ice once the 2 x 8's get to short  ;)

Catch A Buzz

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #25 on: Mar 12, 2009, 01:54 PM »
I am hoping for at least another 10 good days of hard water fishing.  :o
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #26 on: Mar 12, 2009, 02:36 PM »
bears love salmon mmmm  ;)2

Catch A Buzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.