New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339095 times)

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1200 on: Feb 27, 2013, 02:11 PM »
Awful wet out here on the lake today but we have been well rewarded with these two 30" 7.9 lbs and 8.11 lbs lakers.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1201 on: Feb 27, 2013, 02:15 PM »
Dang man. Well done!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1202 on: Feb 27, 2013, 02:22 PM »

Holy crap.  Those are VERY VERY nice fish!!  Jigging or traps?

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1203 on: Feb 27, 2013, 02:26 PM »

Holy crap.  Those are VERY VERY nice fish!!  Jigging or traps?
Both caught on tip-ups and both from the same hole.

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1204 on: Feb 27, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Beautiful fish BB! Congrats! You guys know how to put the big ones on he ice! Very impressive!

Mike

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1205 on: Feb 27, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Thanks for the kind words JAGER61.It has been an outstanding season this year that's for sure.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1206 on: Feb 27, 2013, 04:46 PM »
My brother also landed this 7lb 29" laker today.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #1207 on: Feb 27, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Sweet lakers!  Congrats!  I should've been out there or somewhere myself today but once again put too much faith in the weatherman.  Oh well, got some chores for the day in.
           Yea, I should have been out, myself but I have a terrible cold, it hit me last night. I got 8" of snow where I live & had to go out & snow blow my driveway. I felt better when I was out but when I got back in the house I relapsed again. I think we will still have time on the lake.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1208 on: Feb 27, 2013, 05:30 PM »
looks like today was a day for some big boys....very nice

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1209 on: Feb 27, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Awesome lakers today.

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #1210 on: Feb 27, 2013, 06:52 PM »
nice laker, just about every laker out of george we've seen this year is plum full and fat belly'd, very nice!!  @)

Offline pughole

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I love it when your hands are all fish slime
« Reply #1211 on: Feb 27, 2013, 07:15 PM »
The soaking wet ice armour and pack basket was well worth seeing my buddy's but some nice fat lakers on the ice today!! That wasn't a bad northern that you caught either! Well let em rest up for next week.Hopeful the king will hold on for a little while longer and see some more nice big lakers late ice.

Offline tankdelivers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1212 on: Feb 27, 2013, 09:46 PM »
Do Any of you guys ever feed your bait?  I bought some yesturday and they seem to be dropping like flies.  You think theyre hungry? I changed the water.

Offline crappiepants

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1213 on: Feb 27, 2013, 09:52 PM »
Went to A Lake George Fishing Alliance meeting tonight. Region 5 fisheries biologist was there and talked of some very intresting changes in rules that may happen in future for Lake George. Those who have a passion for fishing on lake George would be very intrested in these meetings. And their only goal is to make the fishing on George better for everyone.

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1214 on: Feb 28, 2013, 02:51 AM »
Will be on lg this weekend hope to see some friends and big lakers.Wheres you wall been fish in out there Bait box nice fish.Tc5

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1215 on: Feb 28, 2013, 05:36 AM »
Fished out from vets park. Slow day 10 perch of 11". Fished from 10-230. Noticed the open water had come in a since saturdat. Almost to the tip of the island passed the sagamore. Closer inspection showed the winds pushing the water onto the ice and eating it away. Hopung we will have a cold snap to slow it down a bit .
!!FLAG!!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1216 on: Feb 28, 2013, 06:52 AM »
Fidlerontheice,   how much ice where you cutting and how deep could you get on the retreating ice? Heading up that way tomorrow morning any info. would be appreciated.

I will be bringing my snowmobile as I have a 3 guy crew with a ton of gear.  Targeting pike and lakers.  Any recommendations for other spots would be great. I have fished vets mostly and hearthstone,harris and mbd once each. 30-60 FOW would be swell :) 

:tipup:

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1217 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:17 AM »
just want to say a word about this thread and some other things. I've been reading about Lake road being cut off for access. That really stinks. Think about this, all the guys bragging about the 100's of fish there catching will certainly bring on the scum b--s out of the woodwork looking to invade LG at any cost it takes.  TRESSPASSING  AND LITTERING ALL OVER THE LAKE. I'm not saying it's there fault for bragging because it's not. If there was a way to keep our mouths shut and not broadcast about how good the fishing is then maybe LG would not get invaded by half the bags  as it has now. Perch fishing is the same way. Someone hears that the perch are hitting somewhere and next day you can't get a spot on the ice. I'm one to believe that SILENCE IS GOLDEN. I keep my catch count and size to myself just so i don't let half a million bags know what's going on. I think that if we do less talking about our great days on LG then maybe we will be able to fish there and keep the access that we have for a while longer, before it all goes to ya know what. This therad is the same as the salmon river thread. Once someone knows where the salmon are hitting the next day you can't get a spot to fish. Wouldn't it be nice if we could stop the cahos that has been brought on to the lake. This is just my opinion. Less talk keeps people in the dark and less informed about our great lake, therefor leading to less people raping the King.  It's sad but very true that this is only the beginning of the end of free fishing at LG. Soon we will have to PAY to access the lake from ant point. Had to rant.

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1218 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:29 AM »
just want to say a word about this thread and some other things. I've been reading about Lake road being cut off for access. That really stinks. Think about this, all the guys bragging about the 100's of fish there catching will certainly bring on the scum b--s out of the woodwork looking to invade LG at any cost it takes.  TRESSPASSING  AND LITTERING ALL OVER THE LAKE. I'm not saying it's there fault for bragging because it's not. If there was a way to keep our mouths shut and not broadcast about how good the fishing is then maybe LG would not get invaded by half the bags  as it has now. Perch fishing is the same way. Someone hears that the perch are hitting somewhere and next day you can't get a spot on the ice. I'm one to believe that SILENCE IS GOLDEN. I keep my catch count and size to myself just so i don't let half a million bags know what's going on. I think that if we do less talking about our great days on LG then maybe we will be able to fish there and keep the access that we have for a while longer, before it all goes to ya know what. This therad is the same as the salmon river thread. Once someone knows where the salmon are hitting the next day you can't get a spot to fish. Wouldn't it be nice if we could stop the cahos that has been brought on to the lake. This is just my opinion. Less talk keeps people in the dark and less informed about our great lake, therefor leading to less people raping the King.  It's sad but very true that this is only the beginning of the end of free fishing at LG. Soon we will have to PAY to access the lake from ant point. Had to rant.
I don't know about the rest of the people on this forum but I think it would be a pretty boring place without the pictures and discussions on here.Wasn't that the reason for this forum in the first place?Lake George is a spectacular fishery and everyone already knows that.While we are at it why don't we keep all the charter boats and tourists off the lake in the summer too.I don't think that by being mute it is going to solve anything.Don't judge us all by the actions of a few losers.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1219 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:32 AM »
Fidlerontheice,   how much ice where you cutting and how deep could you get on the retreating ice? Heading up that way tomorrow morning any info. would be appreciated.

I will be bringing my snowmobile as I have a 3 guy crew with a ton of gear.  Targeting pike and lakers.  Any recommendations for other spots would be great. I have fished vets mostly and hearthstone,harris and mbd once each. 30-60 FOW would be swell :) 

:tipup:
you won't be getting anywhere near 50 fow out of vets..even as of 10 days ago..as of now prob the hgih 30s along the west shore..
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #1220 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:45 AM »
therefor leading to less people raping the King.  It's sad but very true that this is only the beginning of the end of free fishing at LG. Soon we will have to PAY to access the lake from ant point. Had to rant.

Noboby will be paying to icefish the lake :tipup:    Maybe it's just me but I would have to say that it's been very quiet out there this year compared to the last few seasons when we've had ice on most of the lake.  I've noticed very few machines running around, far less people than usual, and Sunday was like a ghost town in the south end.  Maybe gas prices, maybe people think the ice isn't good, I don't know but I've never seen so few people fishing there as I have this year for a winter with pretty good ice ???   

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1221 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:55 AM »
i'v been fishing lake george for 30 years now.all access points have always looked like they did this year crowded and trash everywhere,this was just the year that landowners have had enough and closed these access points.i dont blame them i bit either if i came around my property and found it all tore up and trash everywhere id be PO'ed myself and do the same.yes all it takes are a few d-bags to ruin it for everybody so thats why we all need to chip in to keep our access points clean and tidy so we dont loose more spots,and if somebody sees someone doing anything that might get a spot closed down you need to get your tail out from between your legs and say something to these idiots and if a problem arises get a license plate number or whatever and call the law to handle the problem.i don't think the posting of pics and stories of fish being caught had anything to do with the loss of access,the bottom line is fishing is a privilege and access is an even bigger privilege so everyone that uses an access point needs to do whatever they can to preserve that access so we don't loose more access in the future.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1222 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:58 AM »
hey jon?    can i be on your jealous list?!   PLEASE!!    ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1223 on: Feb 28, 2013, 08:59 AM »
Gotta police ourselves, plain and simple.  Keep your eyes open.  Keep the lines of communication open.  Don't hesitate to speak up.  Responsibility starts with you and me.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1224 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:07 AM »
ah yes and back to the good BSing.....

your rite though i do suck work got canceled today ,and i should be out adding more lakers to my total instead of sitting here on the computer...

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1225 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:12 AM »
Quote from: baitbox link=topic=230074..Don't judge us all by the actions of a few losers.
[/quote
Im not judging anybody. Im just saying if you don't want access shut down or the lake invaded by the loosers then maybe a little less bragging about how good it is would deter alot of LOOSERS from going there thus increasing our chances of not loosing that.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1226 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:18 AM »
Kind of odd you were one that pm'd me and asked for info, after I posted some success stories, then never bothered sending a reply of thanks or anything.  By the way, you're welcome.  Add you to the jealous list.  You're talking a lake that's 28,000 acres.  There's room for everyone.  I'll continue to post about numbers and bust balls of friends.  So guess what, it's time for my rant.  You really think people who arent familiar with the lake are going to know where these types of accesses are?  Or are they going to go to MDB, Hearthstone, Harris, or Pilot Knob, etc?  Do you think posting info on the internet is sending people to these private accesses and getting them closed, or is it the guys at a local bait shop sending people to the one that got closed earlier?  Guess what, if you don't have written permission from the guy on Lake Road, you too are trespassing and have been.  How many people do you think have looked up Lake Road for access recently with the posts about it being shut down? I see you asking all over about ice conditions on George, and reporting ice conditions on Harris and Hearthstone. I see you asking about about the size and number limits on Schroon, after you saw people having success there. If it wasn't for the picture sharing, you wouldn't have been interested.  Does that mean next time I pick up garbage from one of these spots, I can blame you?  It's simple.  Pick up what you see.  If you see someone being a slob, have them pick it up.  Guns don't kill people, people do.  The internet doesn't litter, people do.  Ok, my rant is over now.

Dead on man. Iv gotten a lot of info from a lot of these guys and even though I know some of the spots these guys are fishing I do.t go there out of respect. I try to find my own spots. Sure I might get an tip here and there on good access but its public. These guys trashing private access deserve the ration they're getting on ere and the guys posting pics and high catch numbers deserve the congratulations they are getting.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1227 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:20 AM »
I don't know about the rest of the people on this forum but I think it would be a pretty boring place without the pictures and discussions on here.Wasn't that the reason for this forum in the first place?Lake George is a spectacular fishery and everyone already knows that.While we are at it why don't we keep all the charter boats and tourists off the lake in the summer too.I don't think that by being mute it is going to solve anything.Don't judge us all by the actions of a few losers.
Exactly baitbox.
Worth mentioning. I've read literally every post pertaining to Lake George this year. I'm sure I'm not alone.
Does anyone recall Lake rd being mentioned much on any of the threads until it was shut down? At all? The place that got shut off a few weeks ago hasn't been mentioned by name even when we were venting about it being closed. Never once. We were all very careful not to.
These guys aren't hurting anything. If anything, a few business owners around the lake are thanking them for a handful of extra winter tourists.
The sport is growing along with everything else. Without the growth we wouldn't have all of these fancy new gadgets.
Don't blame the site. If anything it's helping to spread the word that we're running into issues and some of us should change our ways before it gets worse.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #1228 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:22 AM »
no matter what bragging or not those loosers will be on LG,its no secret that LG is 1 of the best fishery's around and everybody and there brother want to fish george its a big lake with lots of fish people are attracted to LG...weather we're bragging about fish or not.just a little fyi i work all around NY and stay in a lot of hotels and you should see the places all around the state advertising winter time in LG its not just the internet that may or may not be drawing in all the out of towners either

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1229 on: Feb 28, 2013, 09:29 AM »
[quote author=baitbox link=topic=230074..Don't judge us all by the actions of a few losers.
Im not judging anybody. Im just saying if you don't want access shut down or the lake invaded by the loosers then maybe a little less bragging about how good it is would deter alot of LOOSERS from going there thus increasing our chances of not loosing that.
First of all I am not bragging by posting photos.I am proud of what we accomplish out there.I have learned alot from the pics and discussions from people like Mealworm, JAGER, Combsey, BigRedonIce, and others.I thank all of the people that make this forum what it is.And furthermore if I wanted to brag or chest pound I would show you all the pics but you wouldn't believe it anyway ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.