The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Phones  (Read 696 times)

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
Phones
« on: Dec 26, 2015, 06:40 PM »
Word of advice don't take your cell phone fishing there is a chance it will go down the hole....... crapty day!

Offline Yelloweyes

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Phones
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Bummer Sturg, hope you had insurance on it.

Offline gamehog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2015, 08:58 PM »
haha been there done that. wife was having knee surgery so I thought I would take the boys fishing to give her some piece and quite.well I was looking down a hole at some fish and forgot to close my jacket pocket and plop in the ice hole it was gone.a hour later the kids go to the tip up to check it and the one boy says dad there is a pack of cigarettes down there,i said nope it a phone and he laughs and says no its not,yep it is because it mine.bummer day.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2015, 09:00 PM »
I have one on the bottom of Hauser! Flashlight app running and is sat on the bottom for about 5 minutes shining up at me in 13fow.

Offline born4theoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2015, 09:24 PM »
Clark canyon has one of mine opps

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2015, 10:36 AM »
My buddy lost one into the bottom of lake of the woods just about a year ago. another option to avoid this from happening is to purchase a waterproof case with a lanyard and hang it around your neck. I think the ones I have cost like 15.00 which includes the lanyard.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2015, 11:00 AM »
browns lake got my old flip phone must say it had good corkscrew action on its way to the bottom. now I have a sm leash that I hook to my bibs suspender works gd 
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:21 PM »
The worst is watching it fall to the bottom on the flasher  :'(

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:44 PM »
That sucks! I lost one down a hole in Echo a few years ago. Check your service and make sure your insurance is in force. I have never bought a phone that I didn't put insurance on and here recently I found that there isn't insurance now on any of our phones! Verizon did this? When I checked on insurance through Verizon, it's like $10/month and $150 deductible! I checked Square Trade and it's about half that and a $75 deductible, but it doesn't cover lost or stolen phones! I went with Square Trade, we'll see. Just got to be careful and not lose that thing, I guess.

Offline MC715

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Easy to do --- Hard to explain1

Offline onpoint

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2015, 05:11 PM »
If anyone has a Wells Fargo Credit card and you pay your cell phone bill with it, you automatically have up to $600 dollars worth of insurance. It makes it worth paying your bill with it and then just paying it off every month. Here's the link to the site if anyone is interested.     https://www08.wellsfargomedia.com/assets/pdf/personal/credit-cards/CPPGuideBenefits.pdf     or just do a search for Wells Fargo cell phone protection.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Put your phone on your house insurance , about $40 year, check it out, kid that used to work for Verizon told me about this!!

Offline sturg28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 28, 2015, 05:51 PM »
The thing is it was only in 10 feet of water and crystal clear water so I spent about an hour trying to hook it and bring it up!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.