Author Topic: Shimano Sedona 1000fe  (Read 1871 times)

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shimano Sedona 1000fe
« on: Dec 22, 2015, 01:17 AM »
 Hi guys, I just bought 4 of the Sedona 1000fe for me and the family for Christmas, but I've been reading some reviews on them and now I'm wondering if I should return them for something else???? Opinions on this would be appreciated!!! Thanks.
Why do things today that can be put off till tomorrow, or next week???? Let's go Ice-fishing!!!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Shimano Sedona 1000fe
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2015, 03:45 AM »
Are you having buyer's remorse?  Sometimes I get that.

Looking for something better better?  I usually think this too.  I recently just purchased a Shimano Calcutta 50.  Now I'm wishing I should've put that money towards a Shimano 15 Aldebaran BFS XG Limited.

Overall I can over think it.  Cuz then I would be on the hunt for a/some rods for the reels.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline tlzkaasen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:06 AM »
I have two of these as well and for the money they are solid.  However, you can tell the difference between one these and say a Pflueger purist.  More you spend the more you get in this case.
Alva Lake in Harshaw, WI (15 minutes to Rhinelander, Tomahawk and Minocqua)

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:53 AM »
I purchased one first year they came out.....very good reel at the time...smooth drag.  I use it with 2lb test only....perhaps quality went down since then?

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:09 AM »
They are good reels. Yes there are better Shimano's. Ya just have to dig deeper in the wallet for them. Most just buy the cheaper Sienna for ice fishing again a good solid reel for around $30.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2015, 06:44 AM »
depends upon what you want and why you are used to. i have several Siennas. if someone gave me a Sedona, i'd be tickled pink

Offline MFallon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2015, 07:01 AM »
I think the Sedona is the best Shimano reel for the money (under $100). The Sahara and Symmetry's are a tiny bit smoother but I've still had the same bearing issues after fighting too many larger fish (open water), for ice fishing and most normal freshwater fishing they should be great!

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:05 AM »
I like mine.....for both are and soft water.....good retrieve, good drag, they run well

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2015, 10:47 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm just new to ice fishing and soft water I use fly rods. I was having a hard time deciding between the Sedona and the purist that was on sale for just $10 more  per reel???
Why do things today that can be put off till tomorrow, or next week???? Let's go Ice-fishing!!!!

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2015, 03:13 PM »
Try not to play that $10 more mind game.  Cuz then there's always a better deal for $20 more and so on.  It can be a vicious cycle or circle of going back and forth.

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2015, 04:57 PM »
Try not to play that $10 more mind game.  Cuz then there's always a better deal for $20 more and so on.  It can be a vicious cycle or circle of going back and forth.
lol that is so true, I just always hate buying something and turns out they are not worth it , but sounds like they are pretty decent reels!! Thanks Everyone

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2015, 05:05 PM »
lol that is so true, I just always hate buying something and turns out they are not worth it , but sounds like they are pretty decent reels!! Thanks Everyone
I fall for that mind set a lot...lol. next thing you know you have a Stella on an ice rod :p
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2015, 12:55 AM »
I fall for that Monsey a lot...lol. next thing you know you have a Stella on an ice rod :p
LOL... Done that.  No performance gained.  It's like using a Stella for bobber fishing.

Offline Mittenman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2015, 01:02 AM »

Very true. I and I think probably most of us have fallen into that trap and what point or another.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2015, 09:21 AM »
For 30 bucks you did fine. Enjoy them they will work just fine.

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 26, 2015, 02:26 AM »
For 30 bucks you did fine. Enjoy them they will work just fine.
lol I wish they were 30 bucks !!! Sedona 1000fe is $69 a piece x 4 . think it is the 1000fd is the cheaper one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.