Author Topic: Box Butte  (Read 6409 times)

Offline Fred Z

• IceShanty Rookie
Box Butte
« on: Dec 10, 2019, 07:10 PM »
Anyone try it yet ?

I fish with a bunch of Ice Holes !

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Box Butte
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2019, 02:14 PM »
I was up to BB Sunday and you could see where someone drilled a few holes just off the s/e edge of boat dock out 50 feet or so. Was up there this morning and it looked like there is more ice but IDK how much. I didn't check it out. Went to Chadron and there was a couple guys out on the west side of the south City pond fishing. Tight Lines

Offline eepks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2019, 10:51 PM »
I called NGP ans was told 4" in the area of the dock. Take a spud bar! I will be up there Saturday.

Offline JD140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2019, 12:36 PM »
Was out there yesterday, 4" off Hunters Point. 10 ft. of water before you get to the south edge of tree line. Not a bite.

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Any new updates I’m planning to fish it next week

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2019, 04:47 PM »
Was up to Box Butte Christmas Day, Ice was 5-6" and good. This was west of boat dock. Has been a few guys at Hunters Point, ice there the same. Been hard to find the fish, as full as the lake is. Just going to have to be patient and keep searching. Places at Hunters Point that was 10' last year at this time is 20' plus or deeper now. Good Luck!

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 28, 2019, 08:17 PM »
Was up to Box Butte Christmas Day, Ice was 5-6" and good. This was west of boat dock. Has been a few guys at Hunters Point, ice there the same. Been hard to find the fish, as full as the lake is. Just going to have to be patient and keep searching. Places at Hunters Point that was 10' last year at this time is 20' plus or deeper now. Good Luck!
thanks I may just fish Smith first for better action

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2020, 11:10 PM »
What’s the latest at the Butte?    Has anyone been out there?   Is the ice good?

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:53 AM »
I was up there yesterday morning, Sunday, for couple hours. Fished east end of swimming area. 9 - 14 FOW. Had four tipups and a jig pole out. No hits on the tipups and marked one fish on locator with jig pole. No bites at all. There was a few guys by the dam and 1 at Hunters Point, but I guessing they didn't have much luck because they were drilling holes around most of the time. Ice is close to a foot thick.

Offline wyice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:41 PM »
4 of us went to Box Butte yesterday fished by the dam, we had no flags at all. What has happened used to  be great fishing a couple years ago. ???

Offline marknpanfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:07 AM »
A lot more water.

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2020, 07:58 PM »
Went to Box Butte last week. Three of us fished all day on Wednesday Thursday and Friday   We didn’t catch a single fish. We were pretty mobile and tried everything from Hunters Point to the boat ramp   Then we went south across the face of the dam.  We have fishfinders and cameras. We found weed beds.  We found structural elements where we’ve found fish before but we never found any fish....not even a bite.    Other than that, the weather was beautiful.  The camping was great.  Ice was a good 8” everywhere but it’s getting sketchy on the edges

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2020, 10:16 AM »
Anyone have a report? Building ice yet?

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2020, 06:47 PM »
I was up by there yesterday. I didn't fish but there was three guys out about 50 yards south of trees at Hunters Point.

Offline Rags777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2020, 05:15 PM »
Anyone try it this weekend? Thinking about going new years eve

Offline Ol_Trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 28, 2020, 05:09 PM »
Would appreciate a current ice report for Box Butte if anyone made it out lately?  Thank you!  :tipup:

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2020, 11:43 PM »
Talked to a friend this afternoon who was up there this morning and he said there was a couple of guys fishing farther west than Hunters Point. He didn't talked to them or anything. Tight lines.

Offline funtwohunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 30, 2020, 11:43 PM »
I was up there today. Most ice was 5 -8"  at Hunter's point. However there are small spots of thinner ise here and there that you need to keep an eye one when drilling holes. 1 group had a 4 wheeler on the ice with them. It was slow fishing but the others were catching a few. I didn't fish just talked to the others. I didn't get out there until after 3. 

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Me and my brother fished box butte the last 2 days we were west of most people on hunters point we got into pike perch crappies bluegills and a few decent largemouth bass and rock fish ice was 6-8 inches

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.