New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: crossbows legal for over 60 year olds  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Lucky13

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: crossbows legal for over 60 year olds
« Reply #30 on: Jan 13, 2024, 08:14 AM »
last two weeks of bow season and  black powder seasonand regular firearms season crossbows have been legal to use

And don't forget the bonus week between Christmas and New Years in the Southern Zone.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2024, 08:58 AM »
i have never  hunted that week ......i'm the  guy that sits in the woods and scares them

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2024, 10:18 AM »
I know I'll be looking at one someday, but I just took a deer 2 weeks before my 69th birthday with a vertical bow set at 60 lbs. Its still working for me and lord willing it will be for a few more. A few years back I was in an injured state and had to drop down to 40 lbs. I was stubborn (as usuall) and refused to give up. I made it work and that's all it took to get back on the horse and on the road to recovery.
To all you guys that are still doing it with an arrow whether with a vertical or horizontal launcher, I say good for us !

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 13, 2024, 06:14 PM »
I just got approved to hunt with crossbow all archery season I got the handicap permit with all my injuries I've had I qualified for it for life time .sadly I'm 80 % disabled through new york state and now comming up I'm getting 2 more fusions in my back to go along with the 4 I already have and rite hip is brand new and after my back in April in June my left hip will be brand new

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2024, 06:22 PM »
big  guy  sent   ;D  if you  can do a  short walk if we  get ice i have the perfect  spot  for you

Offline iceholeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2024, 11:00 AM »
I just received a letter from NYS Crossbow Coalition. They are pushing for the bill to move out of the ECON Committee this year. Please read the letter from the coalition. They included a letter to print, sign and put your address on. I've attached copies or got to the NYS Crossbow coalition webpage or FB page.

Offline touge30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2024, 12:37 PM »
Damn i hope it goes thru!

Offline iceholeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2024, 03:58 PM »
What I'm going to do is collect a bunch of signatures, put them in a big mailer, and send them in myself. I might cost me a few bucks, but it will be worth it. I encourage other people to do the same thing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.