Author Topic: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake  (Read 4119 times)

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake
« on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:18 AM »
This is just one of the monsters pulled from Cranberry Lake in the last 2 days..  Another buddy of mine caught a 42" 22 pounder two days ago and another friend caught this one yesterday..    If you fish Cranberry you might want to make sure you have a 10" hole...  These are monsters...  And this lake is 8 miles from my house...  I spend a lot of time on this lake, spring, summer, fall and winter...  I haven't gotten out there to fish this season yet but I'm going out tomorrow to see what we can snag...    Seeing these monsters makes me think twice about all the swimming I do in this lake in the summer time...  I'll be tucking in my toes.

Offline emtorn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake NY
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:35 AM »
I bet a lot of the summer campers that swim at the state park would stay out of the water if they saw that. LOL ;D

Awesome fish. !!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:48 AM »
Nice pike.

WS

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:54 AM »
Great pike

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:07 AM »
I bet a lot of the summer campers that swim at the state park would stay out of the water if they saw that. LOL ;D

Awesome fish. !!

You got that right..  I jump in off the boat all the time and camp at the islands or state park a few weekends a summer, and I have started tucking my toes in tightly when I swim... 

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:07 AM »
NIce! Would love to pull one of those out through the ice.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:46 AM »

wow nice fish

Offline adkmtnman76

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • summer beauty!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:17 AM »
nice

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:05 PM »
Sweet fish.  These big girls going back in or on the wall?  Gotta keep those genes around. Good luck with your search.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2013, 12:57 PM »
My grandfather had always talked about how back in the day cranberry lake had big pike..Guess it still holds true today..
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline RBIZ88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:20 PM »
Wow! The local guys are not going to like you advertising your lake like that. I need one for the wall like that, I'll be up next week with the guys.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:21 PM »
Sweet fish.  These big girls going back in or on the wall?  Gotta keep those genes around. Good luck with your search.

I think they are both going on the wall, not sure, neither of them were mine.. 

Offline reddog11

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lunker Lewie is the son of Adirondack Lew.
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:28 PM »
Nice pike.
Master Laker taker.

Offline ak Laker hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Yikes what a beast

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:32 PM »
This is just one of the monsters pulled from Cranberry Lake NY in the last 2 days..  Another buddy of mine caught a 42" 22 pounder two days ago and another friend caught this one yesterday..    If you fish Cranberry you might want to make sure you have a 10" hole...  These are monsters...  And this lake is 8 miles from my house...  I spend a lot of time on this lake, spring, summer, fall and winter...  I haven't gotten out there to fish this season yet but I'm going out tomorrow to see what we can snag...    Seeing these monsters makes me think twice about all the swimming I do in this lake in the summer time...  I'll be tucking in my toes.

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice fish. Too bad youll have an influx of out of towners with this advertisement,  destroying that lake like they have been the past few years.......

Sure would be nice if the DEC woke up and realized Cranberry for the trophy pike lake that it is and made people throw those guys back   

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:44 PM »
Wow! The local guys are not going to like you advertising your lake like that. I need one for the wall like that, I'll be up next week with the guys.

I am a local guy,  I realize people will see these pics and pour in, they have been all over that lake from everywhere in the north east since they started having the tournoment every year, nothing we can do about that...  but most of them don't know how to catch em so after a day of no flags, they won't be back...  and since its in my back yard,  i'll keep fisning it until I've got one of these on the wall

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:49 PM »
Well with the shanty there, wont be hard to see where you are fishing for those guys ; )

Got a camp on Tooley Pond Road, hate to see that lake go down hill like the hunting has.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:39 PM »
Well with the shanty there, wont be hard to see where you are fishing for those guys ; )

Got a camp on Tooley Pond Road, hate to see that lake go down hill like the hunting has.

This lake has been getting hit by people from PA, NJ, All over NY and Ontario..  I've met alot of nice people out there fishing that never knew this lake existed until CLFD started having their tournament every year..  Now its fished by people from all over the place..  I welcome them all..  If you think you can land em, come on in and try..  These guys fish this lake 3-4 days a week to land these fish big fish, with countless wind flags and cold days.  If you come in and land one in one weekend, more power to you, but 9 out of 10 won't, and don't have the access to the lake like we do, so I don't worry too much about it.. 

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2013, 07:51 PM »
I usually fish 5 days a week. Im just saying, I try to respect a lake Iv grown up on a little more so it stays a trophy pike lake like it is.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:14 PM »
I usually fish 5 days a week. Im just saying, I try to respect a lake Iv grown up on a little more so it stays a trophy pike lake like it is.
So You're saying I don't respect the lake because I didn't keep this picture a secret??  I have ultimate respect for that lake, in fact I throw back almost everything I catch..  I don't want to see this lake fished out but I doubt my picture of someone I know, is going to cause much of a shift in the ecosystem of Cranberry Lake..  I thought this site was for sharing stories and pictures of your fish???   Should I keep this a secret

onice2013

« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:17 PM »
This is just one of the monsters pulled from Cranberry Lake NY in the last 2 days..  Another buddy of mine caught a 42" 22 pounder two days ago and another friend caught this one yesterday..    If you fish Cranberry you might want to make sure you have a 10" hole...  These are monsters...  And this lake is 8 miles from my house...  I spend a lot of time on this lake, spring, summer, fall and winter...  I haven't gotten out there to fish this season yet but I'm going out tomorrow to see what we can snag...    Seeing these monsters makes me think twice about all the swimming I do in this lake in the summer time...  I'll be tucking in my toes.

nice shank !

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2013, 08:48 PM »
So You're saying I don't respect the lake because I didn't keep this picture a secret??  I have ultimate respect for that lake, in fact I throw back almost everything I catch..  I don't want to see this lake fished out but I doubt my picture of someone I know, is going to cause much of a shift in the ecosystem of Cranberry Lake..  I thought this site was for sharing stories and pictures of your fish???   Should I keep this a secret

You brag about living 8 miles away, and yet have not fished it yet. And then post your buddies trophy fish with their shanty all over the internet blowing up their hotspot. If you were my friend, you would never be told where we were catching fish again, or be invited....I know from the names of the shanty, at least one of them is on ice shanty, and he didnt post these pics, I wonder why?

How do you think they will feel when they go to their permanent shanty this weekend and there are 50 out of towners posted up in front of it?

I wont post again, just something for you to think about.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2013, 06:35 AM »
You brag about living 8 miles away, and yet have not fished it yet. And then post your buddies trophy fish with their shanty all over the internet blowing up their hotspot. If you were my friend, you would never be told where we were catching fish again, or be invited....I know from the names of the shanty, at least one of them is on ice shanty, and he didnt post these pics, I wonder why?

How do you think they will feel when they go to their permanent shanty this weekend and there are 50 out of towners posted up in front of it?

I wont post again, just something for you to think about.

Yes please keep your promise and don't post again, on any of my threads for that matter. Most people don't want to hear your selfish rants.  You know from the last names exactly who these people are huh??   and you have a camp in OUR town, don't bother coming back up here, we don't want your type...   This site is for discussion and showing pictures of ice fishing.  You think I stole this pic and "posted it all over the internet"  I mean seriously, this is THEIR pic, that THEY posted all over the internet, its been shared 21 times on facebook..   If they didn't want people to see their shanty, they wouldn't have taken the pic with it in the background, not to mention the shanty has been moved and can be moved again.   And why would you setup right at their shanty, they allready caught the big one, you think there will be an entire school of huge fish sitting under their shanty or something??  If they had lost this one, poachers like you might try and setup close to them and catch it, but they caught it, its no longer in the lake......   

Heres another one just for you, don't bother commenting on it though, we don't want to hear it..  I can tell from the shoreline where this one is taken, can you???  Never mind, please.....  Keep your promise and don't post again

Not everyone is like you, selfish and conceded, some people like to see other have a good time and catch big fish too. 

IF THEY DIDN'T WANT THESE PICS ON THE INTERNET, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN THEM AND POSTED THEM ON THE INTERNET.. 

Offline brandybrook

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: This is what they are pulling out of Cranberry Lake
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:14 AM »
I fish cranberry for the pike in the summer. Trust me they dont gust jump in the boat. Thanks fore sharing the pics shanksyamaha .Hope I dont give away my hot spot

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:30 AM »
I fish cranberry for the pike in the summer. Trust me they dont gust jump in the boat. Thanks fore sharing the pics shanksyamaha .Hope I dont give away my hot spot

Thanks, I think most people who know Cranberry know there isn't a "hot spot"  You have to fish it alot to bring in anything.  100 people could setup in the same area and not have a flag all day.  There are not a ton of pike in there for the size of the lake, they are not easy to catch, and for every 10 people who get a big one on the hook, 1 will make it out on the ice......  Like I said, I wasn't there, I didn't take these pics.  They were shared time and time again on facebook and thought people here would like to see them, I know I appreciate a pic of someone else's big fish, and I don't go right out there and setup next to them just because they caught one, seams kinda ignorant to me...   
Hopefully others will just enjoy the pics, and not try and poach their way in, but I guess there are those types out there....   But rest assured, these guys don't necessarily fish right out the door of the shanty, thats just base camp, not necessarily the fishing hole and its very movable.....   

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Here this will take everyones mind off Cranberry...   This monster was caught on Bonaparte, about 100 yards out from the brown house with the white boat house and big dock off North Shore Road,  all the poachers can go setup there so they leave Cranberry alone.... 

Now this pic I did take, and I posted it all over the internet...    I'll take the blame for this one....   

Offline brandybrook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2013, 07:51 AM »
thats gust the bate he uses

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:39 AM »

Yes please keep your promise and don't post again, on any of my threads for that matter. Most people don't want to hear your selfish rants.  You know from the last names exactly who these people are huh??   and you have a camp in OUR town, don't bother coming back up here, we don't want your type...   This site is for discussion and showing pictures of ice fishing.  You think I stole this pic and "posted it all over the internet"  I mean seriously, this is THEIR pic, that THEY posted all over the internet, its been shared 21 times on facebook..   If they didn't want people to see their shanty, they wouldn't have taken the pic with it in the background, not to mention the shanty has been moved and can be moved again.   And why would you setup right at their shanty, they allready caught the big one, you think there will be an entire school of huge fish sitting under their shanty or something??  If they had lost this one, poachers like you might try and setup close to them and catch it, but they caught it, its no longer in the lake......   

Heres another one just for you, don't bother commenting on it though, we don't want to hear it..  I can tell from the shoreline where this one is taken, can you???  Never mind, please.....  Keep your promise and don't post again

Not everyone is like you, selfish and conceded, some people like to see other have a good time and catch big fish too. 

IF THEY DIDN'T WANT THESE PICS ON THE INTERNET, THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TAKEN THEM AND POSTED THEM ON THE INTERNET..

I have a camp in cranberry and pay taxes to the town of cranberry. You live In star lake and pay taxes to star lake. I think maybe you shouldn't come around cranberry, not the other way around lol.

Offline shanksyamaha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:41 AM »

I have a camp in cranberry and pay taxes to the town of cranberry. You live In star lake and pay taxes to star lake. I think maybe you shouldn't come around cranberry, not the other way around lol.

This shows exactly what you know about the area..  Cranberry Lake and Star Lake are both Hamlets, not towns, neither of them have town taxes, we both pay taxes to the town of Clifton.  If you were familiar with the area you'd know that...  Stay home!!

Here ya want a little education about the area so next time you pick a fight with a local you will know what you are talking about...

Cranberry Lake (the actual lake) is located in the same township as my house and your camp (if you actually have one in Cranberry)  Clifton
Star Lake (the lake) is located in the town of Fine

1/2 the Hamlet of Star Lake is in Fine and 1/2 in Clifton,  the Hamlet of Cranberry Lake is in Clifton (the same as my year round home for the last 32 years)

Thats why everything is called "Clifton-Fine"  The school, hospital, golf course, arena....  etc...

Offline c07pernice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 18, 2013, 08:47 AM »
So we pay taxes to the same. I own property in the hamlet of cranberry. Stay home? My house is 30 miles away and iv already fished cranberry more than you. And I'm not sure where you get off calling me a poacher? My entire start of this conversation was in a nice attempt to try to conserve a trophy pike lake, and hoping the dec would make better regulations to do just that. I certainly would not be keeping all the pike out of there. Take meaurements and stick them back down the hole. Eat the little ones

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.