Author Topic: License and bait in Ohio  (Read 1296 times)

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
License and bait in Ohio
« on: Mar 06, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Just wondering where can you buy a License and bait in Ohio off R2? Going down tomorrow morning early and need a place to stop and buy a License and bait. Going 75 south out of Michigan down to 280 then R2 over east. I found a place called Happy Hooker, I called them but there message says closed till March???? Do you know if you can buy at a gas station on the way?

Thanks 
Charles E.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: License and bait in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:20 AM »
A n J Bait and Tackle should have you covered for bait and I would assume for your license too.  They have huge minnows and very good count per "scoop".  2 -$4 scoops lasted 3 guys 12 hours of fishing last weekend, and we were loading our hooks up.

If I were you, I would just buy your license online and print it to save yourself the time/hassle.  That's all they do at the shops now anyways.  They used to print them on wax-type paper to be a little more waterproof, but not anymore.

Offline Eye_Crosser86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:25 AM »
Ya, anj has both, get there early or you will be waiting a while for them

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2015, 11:58 AM »
Thanks for the help!!
Ya, anj has both, get there early or you will be waiting a while for them
A n J Bait and Tackle should have you covered for bait and I would assume for your license too.  They have huge minnows and very good count per "scoop".  2 -$4 scoops lasted 3 guys 12 hours of fishing last weekend, and we were loading our hooks up.

If I were you, I would just buy your license online and print it to save yourself the time/hassle.  That's all they do at the shops now anyways.  They used to print them on wax-type paper to be a little more waterproof, but not anymore.
Charles E.

Offline 08megacab

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cancer Sucks!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2015, 12:05 PM »
Didn't make it to A and J's we stopped at a bait shop on the way to Magee's Marsh. The bait shop was on the south side of R 2 and looked like a pole barn converted into a bait shop but forgot the name. They were lined up and down the street at 5:10 am and looked like a mini convoy lol. For being walleye minnows they looked more like perch with some walleyes mixed in, But still had a great time down there.
Charles E.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.