Author Topic: Looking for Clam Rise sizing  (Read 3834 times)

Offline irishgoodbyes

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for Clam Rise sizing
« on: Nov 16, 2021, 03:30 PM »
Looking to buy a ice armor clam rise float bibs and parka. Does anyone have any insight on sizing as I have never owned a dedicated ice suit before. I’m 6’4 205 lbs and wear 34x36 jeans and large or x large shirts and sweatshirts. If it helps I don’t tend to layer up to much since I tend to sweat easier than others and do a fair amount of moving around unless it gets really cold or windy. In those cases I may spend more time in the shanty where a parka isn’t needed
Everything in the past is a blurr….except the fishing. That’s still clear as black ice

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Looking for Clam Rise sizing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Should add your location to your Profile ..State and county ..could be a retailer(with stock) near by to help with sizing and a deal maybe.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2021, 03:46 PM »
This may be easier on the Wallet

https://icerunnerhouses.com/float-suit/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2021, 03:48 PM »
I have an Ascent but was able to try on a Rise locally before I bought it. If you aren't layering a bunch under it, I'd say you'd want a Large. I'm about 20lbs lighter than you but also 6" shorter, 34x30 jeans, and the L fits me fine with a sweatshirt underneath. I have room to add another layer if I need to, but it doesn't feel too big with just a T-shirt under either.

Offline Lyontyl

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2021, 04:31 PM »
I was working at the Clam booth in the apparel section at the South Dakota Ice Institute last weekend so I got a pretty good gauge on sizing because I pretty much helped anyone trying on either a Rise or an Ascent.  Almost across the board for men the sizing was a size larger than you typically wear in your normal clothes.  That also was true for the Blackfish jackets as well.

For someone as tall as you where you may run into issues is your arm length.  I don't know if I helped anyone that tall.  I think tallest was like 6'2 and they seemed to fair good with a size larger.

The bibs wont be an issue for your height because you can adjust the length of the leg of the bib which is really nice.

Offline irishgoodbyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2021, 04:51 PM »
I was thinking the same with a Large. I was just able to referenced a size chart and I am smack dab in the middle for the waist measurement with jeans and a hoodie on for the bibs. I do run into arm length issues with most things I buy. From the chart, the arm length is the same for the L and Xl and believe I could squeeze into a M body wise if wearing just a t shirt so a L will probably do for the parka. I just didn’t want things to be to tight if I do decide to layer up a bit but hate things that are very loose. I didn’t think about trying any on before purchasing (i have found a good deal online that comes and goes). I do live quite close to bass pro so I think I will try a few pairs on prior. Thanks gentlemen https://www.tacklehaven.com/clam-outdoors-ice-armor-rise-black-blue-zippers-float-bibs-choose-your-size/
Everything in the past is a blurr….except the fishing. That’s still clear as black ice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16, 2021, 05:01 PM »
I was thinking the same with a Large. I was just able to referenced a size chart and I am smack dab in the middle for the waist measurement with jeans and a hoodie on for the bibs. I do run into arm length issues with most things I buy. From the chart, the arm length is the same for the L and Xl and believe I could squeeze into a M body wise if wearing just a t shirt so a L will probably do for the parka. I just didn’t want things to be to tight if I do decide to layer up a bit but hate things that are very loose. I didn’t think about trying any on before purchasing (i have found a good deal online that comes and goes). I do live quite close to bass pro so I think I will try a few pairs on prior. Thanks gentlemen https://www.tacklehaven.com/clam-outdoors-ice-armor-rise-black-blue-zippers-float-bibs-choose-your-size/

You may be better off ordering from BPS ..I believe they are up the block from you ..easy retuns. Use code SAVE10 ..note you will have to make two orders one per item .

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 16, 2021, 06:49 PM »
Your size I'd say XL for sure. Clam generally runs on the small side

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2022, 04:36 PM »
I bought both the Rise bibs and parka in size large, two years ago. I'm 5' 8" and weigh 180#, 36" waist 30" inseam and wear a large shirt. The bibs fit fine and you can adjust the inseam length at the bottom. The jacket feels a bit snug. It could be that I wear too much underneath. I think if I had it to do over again, I would order an extra large jacket.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.